Obama\'s VP Choice: Who Do You Think It\'ll Be? *Update*: It\'s Biden!

As most of you are already aware, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama is preparing to announce his Vice Presidential pick at any time now (he's supposed to appear with him or her tomorrow in Springfield, Illinous..) The decision could come at any minute....and I'm one of the millions signed up for the text message. :p So while we wait, I thought it would be fun to see who everyone thinks it will be? Right now, my money's on either Hillary or Biden..but IMHO, I kinda don't think it'll be any of the 'top 3' the media's going on about (Biden, Byah, and Kaine) simply because if it were, wouldn't he have already announced it by now? I'll personally be happy with pretty much any of these choices, but am curious to hear what you guys think. So..take my poll. ;)

*I would've posted this in the Elections thread, but I don't think you can add another poll onto it? lol. Also in the interest of fairness, I will do another poll like this when it comes time for McCain to make his pick, likely within the next week or so..*

danaluvsmj;206210 said:
I think Kaine could be a good choice for VP, though I don't know too much about him, but he seems like a good guy.

I like Kaine too, though I'm not sure he'll end up getting picked in the end, because of the whole "experience" thing (he's been a Gov. for like 3 years, I think?) I can just see it now if Obama picks him, the media and critics going on about how they are both "inexperienced", "too similar", etc, etc. (I use " " because I for one don't think Obama gets enough credit for his experience, ie him being in the State Senate in Illinois for a number of years before becoming a Senator, while others make it sound like he came straight out of the Senate with nothing before it..). Of course, people said Clinton and Gore were too similar when he picked him in '92 and look what happened once Election Day rolled around..:p So that guess is as good as any at this point, lol, and I for one wouldn't mind! Hell, he could pick Britney Spears herself as far as I care..I'll be voting Obama in November no matter what! :lol

My bet is on someone like Hillary or Biden, though, esp. considering what Obama just said in an interview yesterday, that his selection (apparently, he knows already but has yet to announce it for whatever reason..) was based on someone who "wasn't afraid to disagree with him in public" and could engage him in "spirited debate", esp. about things like "the working class". That last part ESP. sounds like Hillary (well, Hillary or Edwards, but we KNOW he's out of the running now sadly, unless Obama wants to commit political suicide..:( lol..), at least IMHO.. :popcorn Could fit Biden too, but seems to fit Hillary even better...unless I am reading more into it which I very well could be...who knows! :lol Can't WAIT to find out, though! :D :popcorn

BTW, the buzz now on the Republican side--apparently, someone leaked it to Time magazine--is that McCain is going to pick Romney for his VP. The mannequin, walking Ken doll? Yes! LMAO :lol Our VP selection will RIP him in any debate....hahaha. This all will be verrryyy interesting to say the least..;)

Shannon

I wish and hope he will pick Hillary Clinton, because yes, I do still like her despite everything. :p

And Romney? LOL, Hillary and Obama would've had no problem beating him.

HeavenSent

I hope it's Biden. Hilary? God, please no. Some of her "supporters" can go to hell. Those damn PUMA's. Excuse me while I throw up.

For those who might not know, PUMA stands for "Party Unity My Ass" and all they wanna do is divide, divide, divide. Talk about a bunch of bitter bitties.

HeavenSent;206216 said:
I hope it's Biden. Hilary? God, please no. Some of her "supporters" can go to hell. Those damn PUMA's. Excuse me while I throw up.

For those who might not know, PUMA stands for "Party Unity My Ass" and all they wanna do is divide, divide, divide. Talk about a bunch of bitter bitties.

It's Joe Biden! :D Damn media broke the story at like 9 last night my time...and the text came at 1 am! :lol Spoilsports. :p I'm very happy with the pick, though--I think Biden brings a sense of variety to the ticket; with Obama, you have the "new school", "fresh face" of politics, while Biden brings in more of the "old guard", while not being completely corrupted by Washington as is, IMO at least (and millions of other voters) McCain. I'm especially impressed with him after the speech the two of them gave together in Springfield:

Transcript--Nineteen months ago, on a cold February day right here on the steps of the Old State Capitol, I stood before you to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America.

We started this journey with a simple belief: that the American people were better than their government in Washington — a government that has fallen prey to special interests and policies that have left working people behind. As I've travelled to towns and cities, farms and factories, front porches and fairgrounds in almost all fifty states — that belief has been strengthened. Because at this defining moment in our history — with our nation at war, and our economy in recession — we know that the American people cannot afford four more years of the same failed policies and the same old politics in Washington. We know that the time for change has come.

For months, I've searched for a leader to finish this journey alongside me, and to join in me in making Washington work for the American people. I searched for a leader who understands the rising costs confronting working people, and who will always put their dreams first. A leader who sees clearly the challenges facing America in a changing world, with our security and standing set back by eight years of a failed foreign policy. A leader who shares my vision of an open government that calls all citizens — Democrats, Republicans and Independents — to a common purpose. Above all, I searched for a leader who is ready to step in and be President.

Today, I have come back to Springfield to tell you that I've found that leader — a man with a distinguished record and a fundamental decency — Joe Biden.

Joe Biden is that rare mix — for decades, he has brought change to Washington, but Washington hasn't changed him. He's an expert on foreign policy whose heart and values are rooted firmly in the middle class. He has stared down dictators and spoken out for America's cops and firefighters. He is uniquely suited to be my partner as we work to put our country back on track.

Now I could stand here and recite a list of Senator Biden's achievements, because he is one of the finest public servants of our time. But first I want to talk to you about the character of the man standing next to me.

Joe Biden's many triumphs have only come after great trial.

He was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His family didn't have much money. Joe Sr. worked different jobs, from cleaning boilers to selling cars, sometimes moving in with the in-laws or working weekends to make ends meet. But he raised his family with a strong commitment to work and to family; to the Catholic faith and to the belief that in America, you can make it if you try. Those are the core values that Joe Biden has carried with him to this day. And even though Joe Sr. is not with us, I know that he is proud of Joe today.

It might be hard to believe when you hear him talk now, but as a child he had a terrible stutter. They called him "Bu-bu-Biden." But he picked himself up, worked harder than the other guy, and got elected to the Senate — a young man with a family and a seemingly limitless future.

Then tragedy struck. Joe's wife Neilia and their little girl Naomi were killed in a car accident, and their two boys were badly hurt. When Joe was sworn in as a Senator, there was no ceremony in the Capitol — instead, he was standing by his sons in the hospital room where they were recovering. He was 30 years old.

Tragedy tests us — it tests our fortitude and it tests our faith. Here's how Joe Biden responded. He never moved to Washington. Instead, night after night, week after week, year after year, he returned home to Wilmington on a lonely Amtrak train when his Senate business was done. He raised his boys — first as a single dad, then alongside his wonderful wife Jill, who works as a teacher. He had a beautiful daughter. Now his children are grown and Joe is blessed with 5grandchildren. He instilled in them such a sense of public service that his son, Beau, who is now Delaware's Attorney General, is getting ready to deploy to Iraq. And he still takes that train back to Wilmington every night. Out of the heartbreak of that unspeakable accident, he did more than become a Senator — he raised a family. That is the measure of the man standing next to me. That is the character of Joe Biden.

Years later, Senator Biden would face another brush with death when he had a brain aneurysm. On the way to the hospital, they didn't think he was going to make it. They gave him slim odds to recover. But he did. He beat it. And he came back stronger than before.

Maybe it's this resilience — this insistence on overcoming adversity — that accounts for Joe Biden's work in the Senate. Time and again, he has made a difference for the people across this country who work long hours and face long odds. This working class kid from Scranton and Wilmington has always been a friend to the underdog, and all who seek a safer and more prosperous America to live their dreams and raise their families.

Fifteen years ago, too many American communities were plagued by violence and insecurity. So Joe Biden brought Democrats and Republicans together to pass the 1994 Crime Bill, putting 100,000 cops on the streets, and starting an eight year drop in crime across the country.

For far too long, millions of women suffered abuse in the shadows. So Joe Biden wrote the Violence Against Women Act, so every woman would have a place to turn for support. The rate of domestic violence went down dramatically, and countless women got a second chance at life.

Year after year, he has been at the forefront of the fight for judges who respect the fundamental rights and liberties of the American people; college tuition that is affordable for all; equal pay for women and a rising minimum wage for all; and family leave policies that value work and family. Those are the priorities of a man whose work reflects his life and his values.

That same strength of character is at the core of his rise to become one of America's leading voices on national security.

He looked Slobodan Milosevic in the eye and called him a war criminal, and then helped shape policies that would end the killing in the Balkans and bring him to justice. He passed laws to lock down chemical weapons, and led the push to bring Europe's newest democracies into NATO. Over the last eight years, he has been a powerful critic of the catastrophic Bush-McCain foreign policy, and a voice for a new direction that takes the fight to the terrorists and ends the war in Iraq responsibly. He recently went to Georgia, where he met quietly with the President and came back with a call for aid and a tough message for Russia.

Joe Biden is what so many others pretend to be — a statesman with sound judgment who doesn't have to hide behind bluster to keep America strong.

Joe won't just make a good Vice President — he will make a great one. After decades of steady work across the aisle, I know he'll be able to help me turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington, so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people. And instead of secret task energy task forces stacked with Big Oil and a Vice President that twists the facts and shuts the American people out, I know that Joe Biden will give us some real straight talk.

I have seen this man work. I have sat with him as he chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and been by his side on the campaign trail. And I can tell you that Joe Biden gets it. He's that unique public servant who is at home in a bar in Cedar Rapids and the corridors of the Capitol; in the VFW hall in Concord, and at the center of an international crisis.

That's because he is still that scrappy kid from Scranton who beat the odds; the dedicated family man and committed Catholic who knows every conductor on that Amtrak train to Wilmington. That's the kind of fighter who I want by my side in the months and years to come.

That's what it's going to take to win the fight for good jobs that let people live their dreams, a tax code that rewards work instead of wealth, and health care that is affordable and accessible for every American family. That's what it's going to take to forge a new energy policy that frees us from our dependence on foreign oil and $4 gasoline at the pump, while creating new jobs and new industry. That's what it's going to take to put an end to a failed foreign policy that's based on bluster and bad judgment, so that we renew America's security and standing in the world.

We know what we're going to get from the other side. Four more years of the same out-of-touch policies that created an economic disaster at home, and a disastrous foreign policy abroad. Four more years of the same divisive politics that is all about tearing people down instead of lifting this country up.

We can't afford more of the same. I am running for President because that's a future that I don't accept for my daughters and I don't accept it for your children. It's time for the change that the American people need.

Now, with Joe Biden at my side, I am confident that we can take this country in a new direction; that we are ready to overcome the adversity of the last eight years; that we won't just win this election in November, we'll restore that fair shot at your dreams that is at the core of who Joe Biden and I are as people, and what America is as a nation. So let me introduce you to the next Vice President of the United States of America...

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFnbZP_EzI

I wish I could find a transcript of Biden's remarks (I'm sure one will be out soon, though, lol)--they were AWESOME! And he totally PWNED McCain with all the "Bush/McCain years" comments.....the "seven kitchen tables" thing was a nice touch as well. ;) :lol I've always liked Biden; he's really experienced but doesn't seem jaded by that experience, still seems real and approachable, you know? Not to mention a FIERCE debater...Mittens or Lieberman or whoever McCain ends up picking better head for the hills! :p

Can't wait to get my Obama/Biden gear! Obama/Biden..has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think? :p

BTW, I totally agree with you, Carla, on the PUMA idiots. You know, the more I see of them, the more I'm convinced they might not be Hillary supporters at all....they've been linked by several sources to various GOP operations and their MO just doesn't seem very Democratic....I mean, what REAL dyed in the wool progressive (as they tout themselves to be) votes for MCCAIN..at least he McCain we currently see, who's basically a total 180 from the McCain of 2000, the same McCain who opposes them on all the women's issues they claim to care about, who jokes about rape and the daughter of the woman they claim to so adore (anyone here ever heard of the nasty joke he told about Chelsea back in '98? It was pretty bad...so I guess he was never really a "friend" to begin with.. ) I swear, if I hear one more person call McCain, at least the one we see now, a "moderate", I'll scream....he's been bought and paid for by the GOP and the Right..and Biden helped drive that point home even more today. :D

Have any of you seen this crap?:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McCain ad says Obama snubbed Clinton in VP pick By TOM RAUM, Associated Press Writer
2 minutes ago

DENVER - John McCain's campaign suggested Sunday that rival Barack Obama snubbed Hillary Rodham Clinton as his running mate because of her criticism during the battle for the Democratic nomination. Obama's campaign dismissed the claim as the candidate praised Joe Biden, the man he did choose, and stumped for working-class support in Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Obama spoke of his own background at a barbecue at a rod and gun park in Eau Claire. "You'll conclude, 'He's sort of like us,'" Obama told the crowd. "He comes from a middle class background, went to school on scholarships ... he and his wife had to figure out child care and how to start a college fund for their kids.'"

The Illinois senator emphasized his roots a day after he named fellow senator Biden of Delaware as his running mate. He said Sunday that Biden would be "one of the greatest vice presidents in the history of the United States."

A new McCain ad, the second since Obama made his vice presidential choice, challenges Obama's motives in passing over his former top rival and choosing Biden, who dropped out of the presidential contest after a poor showing in Iowa, the first contest. Chief Obama strategist David Axelrod insisted Biden was "a better fit."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Biden "has challenged the status quo. And he's even criticized Senator Obama, so it's a tribute to Senator Obama that he's not just choosing a yes man but a person who will speak what he believes."

Obama resumed pre-convention campaigning in Wisconsin in the run-up to accepting the Democratic nomination for president. He was also campaigning in Iowa, Missouri and Montana before the nomination becomes his Thursday in Denver.

Also Sunday, the party's credentials committee voted to restore full voting rights to delegates from Michigan and Florida at the national convention this week, despite their holding early primaries against party rules. With his nomination assured, Obama sought a show of unity to shore up support in those two important states.The states had initially been stripped of all their delegates for holding primaries before Feb. 5. The party's rules committee restored the delegates in May, but gave them only half votes.

Since Biden's selection, the McCain campaign has come out with two campaign ads addressing the Democratic candidate's choice.

The latest, released by the campaign early Sunday, features clips of Clinton during the primary battle saying critical things about Obama, including, "Senator Obama's campaign has become increasingly negative."

A voiceover announcer says, "She won millions of votes but isn't on the ticket. Why? For speaking the truth."

Responding to the ad, Clinton spokeswoman Kathleen Strand said the New York senator's "support of Barack Obama is clear. She has said repeatedly that Barack Obama and she share a commitment to changing the direction of the country, getting us out of Iraq and expanding access to health care. John McCain doesn't. It's interesting how those remarks didn't make it into his ad."

Two potential swing-state governors – Virginia's Tim Kaine and Colorado's Bill Ritter – welcomed Biden's selection.

Kaine, who had been on Obama's short list for a running mate, said Obama and Biden were "a good team personality-wise. They complement each other well. I think you're going to see them really enjoying being out on the trail together."

Ritter said Obama and Biden together would help the ticket, particularly with independent voters in the West.

Meanwhile, reflecting Biden's new status, the Delaware delegation on Sunday got a seating upgrade on the convention floor, closer to the podium and close to the Illinois delegation.

Biden returned to Delaware after their first joint appearance Saturday in Springfield, Ill., where Obama had begun his campaign in February 2007. Obama headed to Eau Claire, a city of 65,000 about 85 miles east of St. Paul, Minn., site of the Republican convention next month.

Biden attended church near his home in Greenville, Del. He left the service without commenting to reporters. Obama attended morning services at First Lutheran Church in Eau Claire.

McCain, who had no public schedule Sunday, told CBS News that Biden was a "wise selection" who will be formidable. But the Arizona senator was critical of the Obama-Biden ticket on foreign policy, citing disagreements with Biden's decision to vote against the first Gulf War as well as his position that Iraq should be divided "into three different countries."

McCain, who has not announced his running mate, holds a 2-1 lead over Obama as more knowledgeable on world affairs and as better suited to be commander in chief, according to an ABC News-Washington Post poll released Sunday. The same poll, which gave Obama a slight 49 percent to 43 percent lead overall, found that three-fourths said the addition of Biden would make no difference in their vote, while the remainder were evenly split on whether it would make them more or less likely to vote for Obama.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, mentioned often as a potential No. 2 to McCain, said Sunday that Obama's choice of Biden had undermined one of the key messages of Obama's campaign, that he is an agent of change.

"Now you pick someone who is a consummate Washington insider, who was elected to the U.S. Senate when Barack Obama and I were 12 years old," Pawlenty said in a conference call with reporters. "Where's the change?" Pawlenty and Obama are both 47, Biden is 65, McCain is 71.

Meanwhile, Indiana Gov. Evan Bayh, who also had been on Obama's short list, said he called Biden on Saturday to congratulate him. "I think he is going to be great," he said.

As to any lingering hard feelings between the Obama and Clinton camps, Bayh, who had actively supported Clinton, said: "The convention will give us an opportunity to reach out to those people. Hillary is going to be 100 percent for him."

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan told about 200 demonstrators Sunday in Denver that not much has changed since her monthlong war protest outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, in 2005.

The demonstrators gathered outside the Colorado state Capitol before marching through downtown Denver to the Pepsi Center, where the Democratic National Convention starts on Monday. It's the first of at least five protests planned this week by the group Recreate 68.

Axelrod spoke on ABC's "This Week," Kaine and Ritter appeared on "Fox News Sunday," Pelosi and Kennedy on NBC's "Meet the Press" and Bayh on CNN's "Late Edition."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080824/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_rdp

Video of the ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHx2P3Yixyk

I'm sorry, but I find this disengenous as all hell on McCain's part. :rolleyes: Since WHEN did he or anyone on the Right give a damn about Hillary's supporters or how she might've felt?!....they were all set with the sexist t-shirts, bumper stickers, and "let's beat the bitch" slogans when they thought she'd be the nominee! :lol A part of me thinks they may have WANTED her on the ticket so as to rile up an otherwise unenthusiastic base...and so, in retro spect, I'm actually kinda glad she didn't get picked, which is sad, because I think she HAS stepped up to the plate in most ways since the primaries ended...but you KNOW if he had picked her for VP, they would've jumped ALL over all the soundbites of HER criticizing him during the primaries and there were MANY...if they're jumping on Biden for one, don't you think they would with her dozens?

Oh yeah, and he BETTER pick Romney or wait a minute...Huckabee..if being in second place in the primaries is the set-in-stone criteria for a running mate. He's a hypocrite otherwise!

I also think McCain is trying to get at all the "PUMAs" with stuff like this (even though there aren't nearly as many as the media seems to want us to believe..) and so called 'disinfected Democrats' (as though they aren't an element of Republicans thinking about or even comitted to Obama)..but in doing so, I think he runs the major risk of alienating the core of his base, most of whom still can't stand the Clintons and will not, not, I repeat, NOT vote for him if he picks a pro-choice running mate..let's face it, some of them VOTE on that issue alone! So he can go ahead as far as I'm concerned..LMAO:p

Convention starts tomorrow! :D Can't wait! :popcorn

HeavenSent

I like Biden. He's a scrapper. Time will tell how well of a fit he is with Obama, but judging from their speeches yesterday, I think it'll be what America's been looking for!

McCain ad says Obama snubbed Clinton in VP pick

It's this bullsh*t that fuels the fire and keeps the so called controversy flowing. Totally takes away from what really matters. It's sickening.

HeavenSent

InspirationMoonwalks;206254 said:
I'm sorry, but I find this disengenous as all hell on McCain's part. :rolleyes: Since WHEN did he or anyone on the Right give a damn about Hillary's supporters or how she might've felt?!....

Thank you. That's why I don't think this is gonna have much traction. I think the media will continue to give this whole argument exposure, because they're jackasses and all they want is drama. But when it's all said and done, most of America will see right thru it and move on.

HeavenSent;206259 said:
I like Biden. He's a scrapper. Time will tell how well of a fit he is with Obama, but judging from their speeches yesterday, I think it'll be what America's been looking for!

It's this bullsh*t that fuels the fire and keeps the so called controversy flowing. Totally takes away from what really matters. It's sickening.

I like him, too. :D Can't wait to see him go up against Romney or Lieberman..or whichever other lameass McCain picks in the veep debates! :p

And I totally agree. The "PUMAs" make me sick. I'm sorry, I know I'm gonna come off as a total partisan here, but I don't care...we shouldn't have to beg TRUE Dems/progressives to vote for the nominee, not when this election is so important, after 8 years of Bush, a collapsing economy, a never ending war, etc. It's not like the two nominees are even close on the issues....they are perhaps the most far apart we've seen in a long while! And I know I can't speak for everyone, but I know personally that even if Hillary had gotten the nod at the end, I would've eventually "come home" to her....but I sure as HELL wouldn't have even fathomed voting for McCain..at least not the McCain of 2008, who is as much a "moderate" as I am Paris Hilton. :lol:rolleyes: And even if Obama had put her on the ticket, it wouldn't have even appeased some of these fools, at least not the ones on hillaryclintonforum.net. :crypticBut honestly, I don't think they were ever real Dems to begin with...as I've said, their MO just doesn't seem like a Democrat's or a progressive of any kind's....at all. They're either Republican hacks...or the whiniest bunch of babies I've EVER seen..:rolleyes::angry: But there's honestly not nearly as many of them as the media makes it seem, maybe a couple thousand at most. Bob Barr will make more difference than they will. :bleh It just annoys me that this is getting so much attention....never mind all the disinfected REPUBLICANS out there..it really seems, for all the McCain campaign complaints that the media "favors" Obama, they are trying to test him. Which will be, frustrating as it seems now, quite alright in the end, when we kick his (McCain's) ass in November..:D

Michelle's speaking at the convention tomorrow night...can't wait to watch it! :popcorn

HeavenSent

Exactly Tara! And real Dems wouldn't sit back and bitch about how Obama owes them something. THey act like Obama is supposed to bow down and kiss their asses and pay off her debt and relinquish his victory and let her sidestep her way in like it's the days of slavery. Please. The Obama campaign doesn't owe them a damn thing more than he's already given them, and they to accept it for Christ's sakes! Not once has he belittled them or Hillary. What they need to do is shut the hell up because their girl is NOT going to get the nomination. And if they think they're doing her any favors for a future Presidential run, they're sadly mistaken. Who's gonna want to rally behind her when her so called base can't seem to bow out gracefully.

btw, I can't wait for Michelle either! Have you seen the entire Obama family on the new Essence cover? Simply beautiful!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
we shouldn't have to beg TRUE Dems/progressives to vote for the nominee, not when this election is so important, after 8 years of Bush, a collapsing economy, a never ending war, etc. It's not like the two nominees are even close on the issues....they are perhaps the most far apart we've seen in a long while!
I have to agree with that. Somebody needs to take these people to the woodshed or something. These people need to act like adults. Only children threaten to hold their breath until they turn blue unless they get what they want.

I can almost guarantee if Clinton was the nominee, those same people would be telling Obama supporters to stop being so damn childish and grow up. They wouldn't think twice and certainly wouldn't be trying to bend over backwards publicly.

whisper;206293 said:
I have to agree with that. Somebody needs to take these people to the woodshed or something. These people need to act like adults. Only children threaten to hold their breath until they turn blue unless they get what they want.

I can almost guarantee if Clinton was the nominee, those same people would be telling Obama supporters to stop being so damn childish and grow up. They wouldn't think twice and certainly wouldn't be trying to bend over backwards publicly.

:lol @ "the woodshed"....but I completely, 100% agree! Not that I think that all or even the majority of Clinton supporters are this way...it's really only a small chunk of them (and the '18 million' the media and various troublemakers keeps talking about is currently significantly less, as many of them have already switched to Obama, many making the transition before Hillary even bowed out..). And even IF McCain were to get all of these 'PUMA' types, he's likely to lose far more of his actual base, who still cannot stand or relate to the Clintons...on issues or on much of anything for that matter. So let him continue with this pathetic, petty string of ads....after all, it's not like he can win on the issues! :lol

And you're sooo right--everyone talks about all the 'dissapointed, disinfected' Hillary people, but no one talks about the other hypothetical here--how it would've been if it had turned out to be the other way around. No offense to Hillary, but, especially after the lopsided campaign she ended up running, I doubt the base would be this energized at this point, esp. the 18-35 year olds and all the new voters. I know that I would probably not be feeling as excited as I am right now, at least not before she made ammends. BUT...I still would've voted for her. This election is just too damn important. This country absolutely cannot take four, possibly EIGHT more years of this mess...which is precisely what a McCain presidency would bring..

Exactly Tara! And real Dems wouldn't sit back and bitch about how Obama owes them something. THey act like Obama is supposed to bow down and kiss their asses and pay off her debt and relinquish his victory and let her sidestep her way in like it's the days of slavery. Please. The Obama campaign doesn't owe them a damn thing more than he's already given them, and they to accept it for Christ's sakes! Not once has he belittled them or Hillary. What they need to do is shut the hell up because their girl is NOT going to get the nomination. And if they think they're doing her any favors for a future Presidential run, they're sadly mistaken. Who's gonna want to rally behind her when her so called base can't seem to bow out gracefully.

btw, I can't wait for Michelle either! Have you seen the entire Obama family on the new Essence cover? Simply beautiful!

Totally! IF Obama, God forbid, ends up losing because of this (which I personally doubt, but for the sake of argument/precaution..), it will get pinned primarily, unfairly or not, on her. So if by this petulance, they think they can help gurantee a 2012 campaign and victory for her...they are WRONG. It could also potentially endanger her Senate seat. Not that I think Hillary isn't turning around---I think she's trying and I admire her releasing her delegates and *finally* acting gracious--but in the end, it's not these 'PUMAs' political career...it's her's. Not that I think all of them are even real Dems or Hillary supporters anyway. It seems in many ways like an elaborate set up..something Karl Rove might dream up..:cryptic

But anyway, we got a convention going on, with Michelle speaking tonight...and Teddy Kennedy! :D Bless his heart for coming out all that way, even in his condition. He is truly a legend and I have a feeling his speech will be breathtaking! Can't wait! :popcorn

And I saw that cover, Carla---truly beautiful. :wub:

BTW, whisper, is there any way we could merge this thread with the other, Official Election '08 one? :8-26-03fruits_apple