Official August 23 Hearing

dangerous

Originally posted by HeavenSent

Someone else can correct me, but when it comes to replacing a judge, it's a tedious process.

Heres what I found on replacing an existing judge:

"Under California law, each side is permitted one peremptory challenge, which effectively removes that judge from the case," said Lynn Holton, a spokeswoman for the California Judicial Council.

This is from the Scott Peterson Trial, where- Modesto District Attorney James Brazelton said the current judge, Judge Arnason "is prejudiced against the interest of the party so that I believe that I cannot have a fair and impartial hearing"

:nav http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/22/peterson.case/

So I guess its possible, but not likely. Also, I think it would be either Melville or Anderson (The judge who presided over the GJ hearings) picking the replacement judge. :cryptic

dangerous

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
Ashley, how come I don't see you online anymooorreee?! :(
awwww... im working now, so im at my parents house :( and my computer is in a box in the basement, and their msn periodically decides to not work because their computer is from the ice age. :sneddoncr

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by dangerous
awwww... im working now, so im at my parents house :( and my computer is in a box in the basement, and their msn periodically decides to not work because their computer is from the ice age. :sneddoncr

Ohh, dayum. I expected you to be online more cause you are through with school!

:sneddoncr indeed! :laugh

Hey, at least you are getting paid!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
It seems that the AP report was a bit one-sided and didn't give the entire picture of just what happened.

The AP and Reuters report made it like Melville completely sided with Sneddon and allowed EVERYTHING in. However, other reports have a different picture. They give the number of items teh defense wanted off-limits to prosecutors and give the number of items toss out and approved by Melville so we can get a better sense.

But yeah, it looks as if the defense did get the majority of Michael's property labeled as 'off-limits' to prosecutors.

What also may have happened too is that Sneddon just had his grubby hands on some of Michael's property--regular stuff like that "The Robb Report" magazine. And he labeled some of Michael's regular property taken as "evidence" when in fact it isn't.

LadyJackson

Knowing Sneddon...he was probably gonna say Mike used "The Robb Report" to turn G*vin on and then they fell asleep together in bed even though G*vin was fighting Mike's urges!!! :laugh (Now...that doesn't even make sense does it??...Well that's Sneddy for ya!!) :crackingu

Tiger Lilly

The judge said that of 120 items of evidence Jackson's defence team wanted thrown out, he was inclined to disallow more than 70 of them from trial.
Am I reading this right... cos I'm in a bit of shock right now. Is this for real?

The judge said that of 120 items of evidence Jackson's defence team wanted thrown out, he was inclined to disallow more than 70 of them from trial.

:praying: I hope he's doing this right because if he isn't I'm going to mad as hell!!! :kissmybut

K.M.A.

HeavenSent

I just plucked this out of the News Articles forum:

Jackson Defense Score Evidence Boost

Troubled star Michael Jackson has been dealt a major boost ahead of his child molestation trial - the judge wants to throw out 70 items seized from the singer's home.

Judge Rodney Melville originally concluded police had "probable cause" to believe Jackson had committed a crime when they searched his Neverland ranch in Santa Barbara, California, last year. But he's now made a preliminary ruling that prosecutors will not be allowed to use 70 seized items as evidence against the Thriller star.

Jackson's lawyers told the pre-trial hearing in Santa Maria, California, that police tried to search parts of Neverland ranch not permitted by their warrant last November.

Police are known to have taken cameras, computers, documents, and video and audio tapes from Jackson's home.

Judge Melville has pledged to ban 70 out of 120 items of evidence Jackson's defense team wanted thrown out of the trial.

Jackson, 45, is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

His trial is scheduled to start on January 30, 2005.

Source: http://www.wkkj.com/script/headline...ment&feed_id=44

So we have 50 items that may be used.

Alina

May God help Melville find his conscience somewhere in his dark heart, so he would stop sympathizing with the EVIL ( Sneddon ).These two are some of the most disgusting creatures in the universe! How long are they going to hurt Michael with their actions? I want so much to see them going to hell with their case!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
I thought they took about 400 items from Neverland. I take it the 120 items wasn't everything taken in the raid.
We don't know what they took in the raid or how many items they took for sure. It's important to realize that most of the stuff taken is Michael Jackson's property and not "evidence".