Official August 23 Hearing

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Somewhere on Yahoo News...

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (Reuters) - The judge in the Michael Jackson (news) child molestation case tentatively ruled on Monday that dozens of items of evidence seized at the singer's Neverland Valley Ranch and a private investigator's office could be admitted at trial.

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville said he had concerns about other items and could suppress them, but would not issue a final ruling until September to give attorneys for both sides time to file written arguments.

So we don't know about ALL the evidence yet. I guess I can breath a sigh of relief--for now...Cause see, Melville though is making me uneasy w/all this blatent pro-prosecution rulings, and he's showing his true colors. I'm still heated over Sneddon getting away with that f*ckin' press conference in Canada. That shit wasn't right AT ALL. :tickingti

Tiger Lilly

The ruling on whether Sneddon knew who Miller was hasn't been ruled yet tho right? Or was that it? I'm getting confused... again. :( I'm so tired of all this shit I can't keep up.

HeavenSent

The ruling on whether Sneddon knew who Miller was hasn't been ruled yet tho right? Or was that it? I'm getting confused... again. :( I'm so tired of all this shit I can't keep up.
No, not yet. I think alot of his rulings are hinging on the testimony of GrifterMom and her version of the scam.

And that won't come to pass until Sept. 17th *sigh*

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
capt.la11208232240.michael_jackson_la112.jpg

Defense attorneys for Michael Jackson (news), Brian Oxman, left, and Stephan Ditaso return to the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Monday, Aug. 23, 2004, after a lunch break during a pretrial hearing in Jackson's child molestation case. The prosecution winds up its presentation Monday in a crucial evidence hearing by calling two law enforcement officers to contradict the testimony of Jackson employees about a search of the singer's Neverland Ranch. (AP Photo/Spencer Weiner, Pool)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
This only means that the judge has decided to go down with the ship. Nothing more, nothing less. He has a mission to convict Michael and if he wants to risk having his career ruined and jail-time, then so be it. I have no sympathy for Melville. He has a closet full of skeletons too.

Tiger Lilly

A few more pics to make you barf!

capt.la11108232128.michael_jackson_la111.jpg

Tom Sneddon, Santa Barbara County district attorney, front, followed by Ron Zonin, lead assistant district attorney, exit the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Monday, Aug. 23, 2004, after the morning session of a pretrial hearing in Michael Jackson's child molestation case. The prosecution winds up its presentation Monday in a crucial evidence hearing by calling two law enforcement officers to contradict the testimony of Jackson employees about a search of the singer's Neverland Ranch. (AP Photo/Spencer Weiner, Pool)

(What I'd give for Mez to wipe the ****ing smile off that "man's" face!)

capt.la10908232045.michael_jackson_la109.jpg

Thomas Mesereau, left, and Steve Cochran, attorneys on Michael Jackson (news)'s defense team, talk outside court during a break from a pretrial hearing in Jackson's child molestation case Monday, Aug. 23, 2004, in Santa Maria, Calif. (AP Photo/Spencer Weiner, Pool)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
capt.la11408232248.michael_jackson_la114.jpg

Robert M. Sanger, left, and Thomas Mesereau, attorneys on Michael Jackson (news)'s defense team, return after lunch to the Santa Barbara County courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Monday, Aug. 23, 2004. The prosecution winds up its presentation Monday in a crucial evidence hearing by calling two law enforcement officers to contradict the testimony of Jackson employees about a search of the singer's Neverland ranch. (AP Photo/Spencer Weiner, Pool)

Tiger Lilly

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (Reuters) - The judge in the Michael Jackson (news) child molestation case tentatively ruled on Monday that dozens of items of evidence seized at the singer's Neverland Valley Ranch and a private investigator's office could be admitted at trial.

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville said he had concerns about other items and could suppress them, but would not issue a final ruling until September to give attorneys for both sides time to file written arguments.
So basically corrupt Smelville has already made up his mind about the evidence then? That he's saying the defence hasn't convinced him of anything, despite Mez's amazing "defensive skills", despite all the law people on TV saying this is bad for the prosecution? :censored: I don't believe this SHIT!!!

mixahl

Oh, this smile in Sneddon's face REALLY gets me worried...Big time..
Ok, what does this decision of Melville concern? Does it include the tapes seized by Miller's office? As sympathetic as he might wanna be to prosecution, it would be hard after last week's revelation to do that...
Please, someone specify..What's the ugly man's smile about?

HeavenSent

So basically corrupt Smelville has already made up his mind about the evidence then? That he's saying the defence hasn't convinced him of anything, despite Mez's amazing "defensive skills", despite all the law people on TV saying this is bad for the prosecution? :censored: I don't believe this SHIT!!!

Well, Melville is allowing "dozens of items" of the evidence to be admissiable, not all. And he won't make a final ruling till Sept. But still.... :2thinking :careless

I cannot help but fully distrust Melville after today though. He puzzled me before, but his ruling on the gag order showed me who's side he's really on.

Tiger Lilly

I've been trying to fool myself about Melville. I don't trust him at all now.

I'm putting my faith in Mez though.

They have to appeal for a different judge.
APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL!!!

mixahl

I've been trying to fool myself about Melville. I don't trust him at all now.

I'm putting my faith in Mez though.

They have to appeal for a different judge.
APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL!!!

Can they do that..? Is it a legal possibility to appeal for another judge presiding in the case? When is the last time it happenned in a famous trial? (sorry about the too many questions, I'm ignorant in legal staff..)

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by mixahl
Can they do that..? Is it a legal possibility to appeal for another judge presiding in the case? When is the last time it happenned in a famous trial? (sorry about the too many questions, I'm ignorant in legal staff..)
Yes they can do that. It can also be moved out of Santa Barbara. But unfortunately I'm no legal expert either so I can't explain it... *waits for whisper, carla or ashley*

LadyJackson

One thing we can't do right now ya'll is get worried because no matter how they like it...that stuff from the private investigators office is pro-defense but Sneddy added the conspiracy charge and made it look sinister!! You gotta keep the faith and trust GOD and Michael's defense team!! I'm pissed...I ain't gonna lie but at the sametime Melville is in it with the prosecution anyway and it was so obivous he was going to rule in their favor when he was gonna let Janet send a letter in as her "testimony" but Mez objected to that!! He may NOT let that tape in but you never know in Santa Barbara Racist County...DO YA!!??!! :2thinking

I'm still thinking though...Mez will MORE THEN LIKELY go the Court Of Appeals on this because this is BULLSH*T and as God is my witness I'ma go down to Santa Barbara and shot somebody in that police department or D.A.'s office!!

mixahl

Yes they can do that. It can also be moved out of Santa Barbara. But unfortunately I'm no legal expert either so I can't explain it... *waits for whisper, carla or ashley*

You're right, let's wait for someone who knows exactly what happenned today and how important it is to tell is what's the case, and what can be done by the MJ camp..We are just massively frustrated at present, because earlier in the day it seemed -by DD's &others' dissappearance- that it could be a great day for the defense, and we were left to believe that, and at the end this guy who is the devil himself comes out of court with this huge smile of relief...
But let's stay calm...

SpecialJanet25

You're right, let's wait for someone who knows exactly what happenned today and how important it is to tell is what's the case, and what can be done by the MJ camp..We are just massively frustrated at present, because earlier in the day it seemed -by DD's & others' dissappearance- that it could be a great day for the defense, and we were left to believe that, and at the end this guy who is the devil himself comes out of court with this huge smile of relief...
But let's stay calm...

I agree! We all are frustrated, but we can't give-up hope. Remember we have to pray and keep our heads up. It's still the testimony of that lying ass mother. I just hope to God, something good will go down.

HeavenSent

Yes, they can. In America there's always a higher court than the State w/criminal and civil matters. It's called the Supreme Court.

I think in order for there to even be an appeal, the defense has to put together one hell of an arguement as to why there should be another judge stepping in, ie: Discrimination beyond a shadow of a doubt. And that could take months on end. I know w/Kobe's case, the media is taking a ruling to the Supreme Court about having closed door hearings or something to that effect.

Someone else can correct me, but when it comes to replacing a judge, it's a tedious process.

I guess what I'll do is continue what I've been doing and that is to place my faith in the notion that things WILL work out. I think Michael has surrounded himself w/the best people who will not rest until there is justice. Mez was picked for a reason, so was Cochran, Sanger and the rest. No quitting, not when there's civil liberties being violated. And even tho Melville wants to show his ass at times, it's not the end of the road. Melville ain't got THAT much power when you weigh what's right and what's blatently wrong. I hope sooner or later, it'll come to him to start ruling with his conscience, instead of trying to appease and appeal to Sneddon.