Official Feb. 23rd Jury Selection Thread

Now there's been a slight description of each member of the Jury.. It seems there is a wide variety of individuals who can be either favourable or benificial for both the defense and prosecution.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by whisper
To me, it doesn't seem as if this is too bad.
To me that should be how we approach this. Not having an African American juror doesn't automatically spell disaster for Michael, nor should we be 100% confident that it won't. We just don't know. What we do have, is a "case" that is weaker than jello. And for that, I'd hope that any sane, common sensed person, no matter WHAT color, will realize the absurdity.

Remember too, that the country is broke as a joke. Would these "common folk" civilians be all too pleased once they see this scam, that TS took it THIS far? I'd be mad as hell.

Before we go plunging off the deep end, let's take a deep breath. Because like I said earlier, not having an AA may very well backfire on Sneddon & Co. Especially if it was done specifically to keep the jury as unbalanced as possible. What goes around comes right back around again and if Sneddon thinks that he got over today, all it takes is time. It'll run it's course. C'mon, evil does not prevail.

No, race shouldn't matter--But unfortunately in this country and in California, it does. So we shall see...

mj_kougra

God I'm so ****ing pissed! This is ridiculous....10 minutes? 5 days? Do they have 8 year olds questioning these people? I'm a bit less scared now than I was a while ago, now that I know who these people are, but DAMN IT...Also, NO African-Americans....they were all thrown off...does this whole damn thing sound a bit like a set-up at all?

If they **** up this jury, I swear to you, heads will roll.

LadyJackson

I know it may be difficult right now but...calm down!!! Mez knows what he is doing!!! He choose some excellent jurors in my opinion. All 12 of them believe that a child can be influenced to lie under oath by their mother!!! :D THAT"S A GREAT THING!!!

Mez didn't ask for a change of venue...REMEMBER THAT!!!!

Tiger Lilly

5 friggin days?! Ah well, nothing surprises me about shite California anymore (no offense to anyone who lives there). There's something seriously wrong with that place. Sneddon as DA counts for 95% of what's wrong there. Jeez... so angry!

But I don't think that jury sounds half as bad as it could be. And I'm a little sick of the race thing. Yeh, I'm disappointed there aren't more African American people on that jury too but lets not lose faith in our white brothers here. It doesn't matter what race you are you can still see bullsh!t when it's thrown in your face! This jury doesn't have to be black to see this is a set-up. I still say bring it, Sneddon! :popcorn

Aaliyah

52233687.jpg

52233767.jpg

52233635.jpg

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
5 friggin days?! Ah well, nothing surprises me about shite California anymore (no offense to anyone who lives there). There's something seriously wrong with that place. Sneddon as DA counts for 95% of what's wrong there. Jeez... so angry!

But I don't think that jury sounds half as bad as it could be. And I'm a little sick of the race thing. Yeh, I'm disappointed there aren't more African American people on that jury too but lets not lose faith in our white brothers here. It doesn't matter what race you are you can still see bullsh!t when it's thrown in your face! This jury doesn't have to be black to see this is a set-up. I still say bring it, Sneddon! :popcorn
*nods*

Basically what I said.

To me that should be how we approach this. Not having an African American juror doesn't automatically spell disaster for Michael, nor should we be 100% confident that it won't.

I agree with, carla.

The prosecutor's ulitmate intentions were to eliminate African America's, Hispanics and any other possible minorities, in order to gain a predominantly white Jury (which he was successful in) and a certain conviction. Sneddon believes that every white person has the same judgment he has apon, Michael and the motives to remove Michael from his county. Wrong

Although we have been given an obscure discription of each member of the jury, we can notebly see that their are some aspects which can prove as benificial to the defense.

So in the end.. it isn't as bad as it first seemed

SpecialJanet25

First, to everyone let's all calm down. Okay. Take a deep breath and calm down. I am little upset that not a least one black juror on the panel, but hey, what's done is done. We all have to stay strong for Michael. This fight is not over. It just begun. The jury selection isn't bad as I thought it will be, in my opinion. Everyone take it easy now. I know everyone is upset but have to keep our heads up.

mjlovergurl

im quite pissed off that the proscution is being extremly racist. But what makes me really mad is how they seem to think that whites will convict michael as being guilty. Thats just wrong. It seems they are trying to undo the "mistake" in the OJ trial bc most of the jury in that case were black and he got off. It really upsets me that race has to be a issue in such a case. Race shouldnt have anything to do with this case if anything it shoudl be based on fairness and being proven innocent until proven guilty.

LadyJackson

Think about this you guys: The media can't say he got off because the black jurors had his back!!! There are no black jurors so, you don't have to worry about another O.J. after this is over!!!! ONCE IT"S DONE...IT"S DONE!!!!! :D

mjlovergurl

i agree Dana. its really unfair and this jury doesnt seem to even care that they have one the worlds most talented legendary entertainer's life on the line. makes me sick.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by mjlovergurl
i agree Dana. its really unfair and this jury doesnt seem to even care that they have one the worlds most talented legendary entertainer's life on the line. makes me sick.

The fact that Michael is a 'legendary entertainer' is no issue here. That has nothing to do with anything...and the jurors are SUPPOSED to look past that.

We don't know anything about how this jury is so far, so we can't pass judgement on them.

But that aside, I can pass judgment on the way they were chosen..which is complete BULLSHIT.

10 freaking minutes. I'll never get over that.

..and people on the news are saying they are 'impressed' with Melville. Please.

FIVE DAYS?! :hitting