[OFFICIAL] Michael in London videos pg3,5,6,7,16,17; live brodcast info pg4

Irish Flower

Anyone think it ain't no surprise that American Idol is having a Michael Jackson week next. Simon Cowell is with Sony/BMG but also something tells me he has talked to Michael at some point. The promotion has started in earnest.

I read on other fan board MJJC that Steve Harvey was having a Michael Jackson Freedom Friday today in honour of his annoucement. Any of the American fans hear it today?

sweet princess

Shannon;209562 said:
Intense is a very fitting word for this day, even the last few days. The hype and expectations were sooo high, and then BAM, this is it. I'll be the first to admit I thought it was just a bad dream, but as the disappointment slowly let go I realized how lucky we are to be able to see him for the last time. :)

And, I also doubt he'll quit making music. I can understand him wanting to stop the touring part of being an artist, but he will never stop recording music in my opinion. Though, you never know... maybe he really DOES move forward onto the movies like he's said so many times. :bleh :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you. :D

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Michael Jackson declared his return to the world stage with a ... performance as he announced a series of ten shows at the O2 Arena in East London that could net him £50 million.

Seven thousand fans were kept waiting for 90 minutes before Jackson appeared for a brief statement that consisted mainly of him repeating the phrase “this is it” and punching the air.

The first of his concerts, which AEG Live, the promoter, promised would be two-hour “all-singing and all-dancing spectaculars”, will be held on July 8, with tickets on sale for between £50 and £75. Jackson, who last went on tour 12 years ago, will not perform elsewhere this year. He said that the concerts would be his last in London.

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, toldThe Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We’ve a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280 million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

Jackson appeared after a four-minute video of his greatest performances was broadcast to the crowd. The video will also take over an entire advertising break on Sunday night, during the ITV show Dancing on Ice.

He told the crowd: “This is it. I will be performing the songs that my fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call. I love you so much.”

...Asked how many tickets needed to be sold at the 20,000-seater arena for the tour to be profitable, Mr Phillips replied: “We pretty much need to sell it out every night.” Last night the ticket website was receiving 16,000 hits per minute. Jackson will remain in London this week and will watch the musical Oliver! tonight.

Source: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5854735.ece

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
[alert]TWEET: MJJNews More than 540,000 fans registered on MJ's official website in the first 24-hours following the announcement of his comeback (Daily Mail)[/alert]

Over half a million people registered in 1 day... omg...

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey man, how did I miss these pics of MJ taking his kids to see Oliver?
article-0-03C5B3BE000005DC-526_468x345.jpg

article-0-03C5B3DA000005DC-297_468x610.jpg

article-0-03C5B2C8000005DC-850_468x572.jpg

danaluvsmj

So apparently Michael just released this quote. I found it on Myspace. So sweet!:wub:

"The Time Has Come. It is now I see and feel that calling once again,
To be part of a music that will not just connect but,
Make all feel one, one in joy, one in pain
One in love, one in service and in consciousness"
~ Michael Jackson~