Official Superbowl Ad thread - Akon involved? (VIDEO of Commercial)

ajkinkycuffs

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/56757075

02/02/2008 8:45 PM, AP
Nekesa Mumbi Moody

It's supposed to be top secret – but Akon is giving out a tidbit of information about the rumored ad that Michael Jackson is doing for the Super Bowl.

"We just did a commercial – it's a Pepsi commercial. He actually involved me in it so I feel like I'm a part of that process," Akon told The Associated Press on Friday at Maxim's pre-Super Bowl bash.

Jackson is releasing a 25th anniversary edition of his best-selling album "Thriller" on Feb. 12, featuring acts like Akon, Kanye West and Fergie on remix editions of that historic disc's songs.

"It's really moreso Mike picking a lot of the acts that he liked and admired today, and kind of getting them the big songs that they like and reinventing it like it was their own," he explained. "Everyone has their own taste of how that would have been."

It's been reported that an ad for the CD will be featured during the Super Bowl. But while Akon did confirm a commercial does exist, he was closed-mouthed when asked how to describe it.

"Oh, he might kill me," Akon laughed about Jackson. "But it's gonna be funny. You're going to love it. He's not even in it. But it's crazy. I want to tell you so bad!"

Akon was a surprise performer with singer-rapper T-Pain at the Maxim event, one of dozens of soirees happening in the Phoenix area for Super Bowl week. But Akon, best known for songs like "I Wanna Love You" and "Don't Matter," wasn't planning on taking part in the party madness.

"At every big event, it's always the same excitement," Akon said. "Right now I'm so focused ... about trying to take over, I don't focus on the party side."

------------

..ohh im excited! but i have no tv to watch it lol. i guess it would be on youtube though eventually.

mysteriousone

:blink: Top Secret? This rumor has been floating around cyberspace for several days now! I feel so ashamed for not mentioning something about it in MJEOL! :mellow: Too busy acting a fool in other threads around the forum, I guess! :rolleyes:

When I first heard about it, I too was :yayyay :mf_w00t2: I'm praying someone posts the video on youtube when it arrives too!! :thumbsup

Mysti!

PS Good to see you again, Jelly! :wub:

Ben

I'll record the half-time performance of the Super Bowl tonight. They transmit the Super Bowl live here in the UK every year. I don't know why because American Foot Ball isn't a played or watched sport hear. If Michael does perform, I hope he sings "live" as he's far more amazing when he doesn't lip sync.

Violet Flower

Thankyou for posting! :) you know I've noticed that alot of artist or people involved in associations with Michael, when giving an interview and certain questions are being asked? they tend to state " Oh Michael will kill me If I say that or this" lol I find that so funny because I wonder if Michael is a "serious threat" towards them?:lol I wonder what he could possibly be saying to these people.:lol

Shannon

Wow... this sounds very exciting. :yayyay I wish I could watch it... ohh well, I hope youtube saves me. :lol

Thanks, Jelly. :D

HeavenSent

Violet Flower;200804 said:
Thankyou for posting! :) you know I've noticed that alot of artist or people involved in associations with Michael, when giving an interview and certain questions are being asked? they tend to state " Oh Michael will kill me If I say that or this" lol I find that so funny because I wonder if Michael is a "serious threat" towards them?:lol I wonder what he could possibly be saying to these people.:lol

:lol I know, right?!

danaluvsmj

I have heard about this superbowl ad, but Michael's not even in it? Hmm sounds strange. I'm curious to see this pepsi commercial.

Aww, that's soo cute! :lol I love the dancing lizards! :p So Michael was directly involved in the making of this? Clever! :D lol

Thanks so much for posting this, Whisper--saved me from 3 hrs of football boredom..:whistle hahaha..

danaluvsmj

I'm sorry, but dancing lizards? I mean that ad was cute, but I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something more original. I know I'm being sour but that's just how I feel.

mysteriousone

:lol Dana................I've seen alot of animals/insects dancing on different movies/commercials, but never LIZARDS!! I LOVE IT!! :thumbsup

Mysti!

Shannon

That was one funny commercial, dancing lizards, Naomi Campbell... I love it too. :thumbsup

Thanks for posting, whisper. :D