Re: Official August 16th Hearing Thread

dangerous

MSNBC or CBS one of those American stations, just had Mike Taibbi on, i just caught the end, he said something about the defense having a tape of Sneddon knowing Miller worked for Geragos. So there is some concrete proof.. ohh i cant wait :D :D

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by dangerous
MSNBC just had Mike Taibbi on, i just caught the end, he said something about the defense having a tape of Sneddon knowing Miller worked for Geragos. So there is some concrete proof.. ohh i cant wait :D :D
Wooooot my love for Mez grows everyday! I knew he'd have something! :D Thanks for the info Ashley. Whyyyy do I have to be at work when this starts? :pullhairo

I'm just so pissed with that mother. :tickingti One evil ****er at a time I guess... :cryptic Sneddon's first.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching Court TV. Even the first prosecutor they had on was like 'no, you don't do that. You leave it up to your police force to take care of matters like this'. He said Sneddon isn't some deputy DA where he can say 'oh well sorry, boss'. :laugh

dangerous

CNN just ran a report.. Mez has arrived, Opri and Joe Jackson have arrived.. Raymone has arrived, thats all i can see for now

dangerous

CNN just had some analysts on.. same ol ish.. Sneddon crossing boundaries. These two were better the one on earlier.. nothin new

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Fox report: Said that the judge had to admonish the DA to answer the qusetions and STOP being so combative.

He brought up the fact that the defense has letters written back and forth from the family's first attorney to Geragos as far back as June 2003, which was in the prosecution's possession. So they clearly knew he was a Geragos PI.

A

Anonymous

Entertainment - AFP

Michael Jackson and clan make court appearance in showman style

10 minutes ago Add Entertainment - AFP to My Yahoo!

SANTA MARIA, United States (AFP) - Michael Jackson (news), flanked by his famous siblings, rolled into court in showman style to watch the man pursuing him on child sex charges be grilled by lawyers.

The "King of Pop" arrived in a customised gold and black tour bus that pulled up outside court

shortly before a pre-trial hearing in his child molestation case to the screams of around 300 waiting fans.

After keeping excited fans waiting for around 10 minutes, Jackson emerged from the bus to take shelter under a black umbrella held by one of the swarm of bodyguards surrounding him.

By his side was Jackson family patriarch Joe Jackson and mother Katherine, as well as singing sisters LaToya and Janet and brothers Jermaine and Randy who have joined in staunchly defending their superstar brother.

"Innocent, innocent," chanted the fans, some of whom were dressed up in trademark Jackson garb, including black fedoras and dark glasses, and who held up placards defending their hero.

"If Michael Jackson is Peter Pan, then Thomas Sneddon is Captain Hook," proclaimed one poster, referring to the courtroom face-off between Jackson and his arch-nemesis, Santa Barbara prosecutor Sneddon.

All the Jackson siblings, including Michael, 45, wore white outfits as they arrived to hear Sneddon give evidence.

Michael Jackson took his seat at the defense table alongside his lawyer Thomas Mesereau to watch Sneddon defend his decision to seek search warrants against Jackson's Neverland Ranch and the office of a private investigator working for Jackson's previous lawyer on November 18.

His family lined the first row of the courtroom behind him as Sneddon was sworn in to give evidence on whether he exceeded his authority by ordering the warrants.

Jackson's appearance was only his third since his dramatic arrest on November 19 on charges he sexually molested a 12-year-old boy at Neverland last year.

The crowds of fans and journalists outside court were however only around a quarter of the size of those that formed during his previous appearances in January and April to answer the charges, police said.

"They are convinced he's guilty and they will do anything to prove it, even if it means a lack of justice," said 14-year old Vienna Wood who came to support her idol.

She and other fans faced off a small knot of anti-Jackson protesters who insist he is not the victim in the case.

"I just want people to remember this is a sexual abuse case, it's not about Tom Sneddon," said Sofia Hollum. "The defence is trying to take the attention away from Michael Jackson's lewd acts on a child."

Jackson was not required to attend court Monday for the start of the five-day pre-trial hearing. But his camp announced late last week that he had decided to show up.

His star-studded presence in court followed another rare public appearance Sunday when the singer attended an African-American gospel church in Los Angeles and then met children in a Sunday school.

The pop star -- who is a Jehovah's Witness -- was mobbed by fans after he arrived at the First AME Church and thanked some children for their support.

Jackson's attorney, Mesereau attended the morning service along with his famous client who was introduced to the congregation.

Following the service, Jackson walked to a nearby Sunday school classroom to thank some children for sending him letters of support.

Security was tight around the courtroom Monday with fans hemmed in behind specially-erected fences.

The five day hearing is aimed at hearing Jackson's lawyers argue why they think evidence seized in search warrants on his Neverland Ranch and in the raid on the office of private investigator Bradley Miller should be thrown out of court.

Mesereau maintains the seized evidence -- including videotapes, computer hard discs and other items -- should not be admissible as the search warrants were improperly executed.

The star's team say that Sneddon had no right to seek the warrant against Miller's Los Angeles office as he should have known he was working for Jackson's previous lawyer, meaning that anything seized in the raid was subject to attorney-client privilege.

In addition, Mesereau will try to convince the judge that items seized during the police swoop on Neverland on November 18, the day before Jackson was arrested on child molestation charges, are not valid because investigators overstepped the bounds of the warrant.

Mesereau claims investigators searched parts of Neverland not covered by the warrant.

Jackson has pleaded not guilty to child molestation, kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, dismissing them as a plot to extort money. He is free on three million dollars bail.

DarkChild

Sorry if this has been posted:

JACKSON APPEARS IN COURT

Michael Jackson and an entourage of family members has arrived at a Santa Maria court for the latest hearing about child abuse.

The star turned up in a large coach and was accompanied by various members of his families, including sisters Janet and LaToya, and mother Katherine,

But the appearance was less flamboyant than an earlier hearing, which turned into a showbiz circus.

Around 300 fans saw Jackson emerge, dressed from head to toe in white and shielded from the sun by an umbrella.

He was followed by other family members, who were also dressed in white.

Jackson is accused of molesting a 12-year-old boy.

The star, who denies the charges, is currently free on US$3m bail.

The 45-year-old has obtained a waiver allowing him to skip most hearings ahead of his trial, which is scheduled to begin on January 30, 2005.

However, close aides said Jackson decided to attend court "to keep on top of the case."

He took his seat at the defence table alongside his lawyer Thomas Mesereau to listen to prosecutors defend their decision to seek search warrants against Jackson's Neverland Ranch and the office of a private investigator working for Jackson's previous lawyer.

Jackson has attended only two previous court appearances.

Source: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3000...3193619,00.html

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Fox now. 2 lawyers are talking about it.

They don't believe Sneddon's excuse that he didn't know. One of the guys just said Ken Star looks like a choir boy next to Sneddon.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Lying Dimond is talking about it on Court TV now. And of course she's only reporting what Sneddon is saying on the stand and trying to explain-away his behavior.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Sneddon admitted he met with the accuser's mother in a parking lot after surveilling Miller's offices, according to DImond.

So she's contradicting herself all over. She originally said 'oh, Sneddon was on his way to the Getty museum with his wife.' But then she turns around and reports that ALSO during that alleged innocent trip the Getty museum, he stopped at a parking lot and met with the accuser's mother and took "evidence" from her.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
This was CLEARLY NOT some simple Getty Museum trip, as he's trying to make it. He would have had to tell the mother to be at a certain place so he can meet with her. That shows premeditation right there. This wasn't some last minute 'oh I'm on my way down there, i'll do it for you' type of situation as Dimond is trying to paint it.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
The lady who's reporting on CNN either must not be in the courtroom or she's taken little to no notes b/c her reporting is just blah. She keeps repeating the same things over and over again 'michael Jackson didn't not have to be there', 'Sneddon is on the witness stand', blah blah. WE knew all that.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about it on Fox. Says Mesereau was getting under Sneddon's skin. Says that the judge TWICE had to admonish Sneddon to stop being evasive and to answer questions.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Said the 2 attorneys got into a bickering match and admonished Sneddon to stop being an advocate (?) and just answer the questions or they're gonna be here all day. Says the second admonishment came right before lunch

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MJJF Exclusive: D-day for Sneddon

Our media representative & TheJusticeSystem.net correspondent Gail (MJDANCER123) has given us the scoop from inside the courtroom.

In describing the atmosphere of the courtroom, Gail conveys to us that the showdown is "tense" and that Sneddon is "under pressure." Gail notes that many media reps that are in the courtroom and in overflow simply "do not believe Sneddon's testimony." His behavior has been described as "petulant, bratty, abrasive and very uncooperative," Because of this behavior, Judge Melville admonished D.A. Sneddon FOUR SEPARATE TIMES.

According to Gail, Judge Melville stopped the proceedings and said to Sneddon "Look, you are no longer an advocate. You are a WITNESS in these criminal proceedings. Stop being argumentative and evasive and answer the questions! Yes, or No will do."

Sneddon responded with what could be described as a belligerent tone "I do not want the wrong view point to get out ..... I have to explain." Melville then stated "That is up to your counsel. Your counsel will question you about this. Once again, you are not an advocate but a witness. Stop sparring with Mesereau."

From that point, Sneddon barked his answers with an angry "YES" or "NO" to Tom Mesereau’s questions.

Gail had the opportunity to speak with Katherine Jackson, Michael's beloved mother. Gail conveyed to Katherine that MJJForum, TheJusticeSystem.net, Mark Geragos and Carol Davis are in support of Michael and the family and that our support is unwavering. Gail then proceeded to hug Katherine. Katherine was very moved by this and said "Why oh why are they doing this to my son, my family?" Our prayers go out to the matriarch of The Jackson Family.

Gail mentions that the entire family wore white with gold accents and that they were all very confident.

Gail will be updating us during the next break.