Sources say Jackson to attend special hearing next week

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Sources say Michael Jackson to attend special hearing next week

LINDA DEUTSCH

Associated Press

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson has decided to come to court Monday for the witness-stand appearance of the man prosecuting him for child molestation.

Santa Barbara County District Attorney Tom Sneddon will be testifying in an unusual pretrial proceeding.

Reliable sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press Thursday that Jackson will be on hand for the session and many members of his family will be there to show support.

Jackson was not required to attend and had filed with the court an advance waiver of his appearance. However, he made a last-minute decision to appear, the source said.

It was not immediately known whether Jackson will be on hand for the balance of hearings that are supposed to last through the week.

Parties in the case are under a strict gag order which prevents them from commenting.

Sneddon was subpoenaed by Jackson's defense team to testify about surveillance he personally conducted at the office of a private investigator who was working for Jackson's former attorney, Mark Geragos.

The investigator, Bradley Miller, was not in his Beverly Hills office when Sneddon went there and took photographs of the building and its roster of occupants.

Santa Barbara County sheriff's officials already have testified that they searched Miller's office, using a sledge hammer to break in and seize videotapes and files relating to the Jackson case.

The officials have maintained that they did not know Miller was employed by Geragos.

Jackson's current lawyer, Thomas Mesereau Jr., maintains that the Sheriff's Department and Sneddon violated the attorney-client privilege of confidentiality by invading Miller's office. They contend that everything seized from the office should be suppressed and not allowed in evidence at Jackson's trial.

Jackson is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

:nav Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews.../9385077.htm?1c

HeavenSent

I wish we had a contingent of fans from MJEOL going....I can't get to a TV that day, maybe not even a computer. Crap.

Tiger Lilly

Ya know if Michael hadn't have decided to go the media wouldn't have bothered with this. Now Sneddon has to testify with all the media over his back! :D

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Ya know if Michael hadn't have decided to go the media wouldn't have bothered with this. Now Sneddon has to testify with all the media over his back! :D
Exactly, Gem. And Sneddon was not banking on this AT ALL. He's probably been sitting on the toliet all day, sick to his stomach, lol.

What kills me is that the media has been complaining that there's been this shroud of secrecy surrounding the case, and yet they seem to virtually ignore anything 1/2 way important. Let's hope Michael will bring them back from la-la land. Sad that it takes an appearance from Mike to do that, but it seems to be the most likely way they're going to do anything worthwhile.

liberiangirl58

Hiya Gem! I know exactly what you mean, but in a way its good that Michael is going even though he dosen't need to - shows everyone that he has nothing to hide, which we know but thanks to the press, probably a lot of people may not.

Annoying thing about the date tho is thats the day we travel to Ireland...so guess who is going to be diving for the TV when we hit our B&B, and frantically looking for internet cafe's the next day if nothing is on the news :-( I hope the whole thing gets thrown out of court, that would be simply wonderful. Then everyone can get on with their lives, most of all Michael.

Keeping the Faith
xx
Elaine

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Exactly, Gem. And Sneddon was not banking on this AT ALL. He's probably been sitting on the toliet all day, sick to his stomach, lol.
LOL Carla! :crackingu I don't want that mental image!

I think its sad that it takes Michael himself to make an appearance to get the damn media to wake up and see whats going down but at least they'll see now. I can't help but feel a bit stressed tho....

Anyway HIII ELAINE!!! I've missed you loadds! I'm glad you found you're way here. I'll text u on Monday if u like! :)

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
LOL Carla! :crackingu I don't want that mental image!

I think its sad that it takes Michael himself to make an appearance to get the damn media to wake up and see whats going down but at least they'll see now. I can't help but feel a bit stressed tho....

Anyway HIII ELAINE!!! I've missed you loadds! I'm glad you found you're way here. I'll text u on Monday if u like! :)

LOL! Sorry girl.

At least we can all safely say that Snedd isn't feeling light on his feet tho, right? LOL.

:loser:

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by HeavenSent
LOL! Sorry girl.

At least we can all safely say that Snedd isn't feeling light on his feet tho, right? LOL.

:loser:
For real! Sneddon's been crappin it for a long time! Now he's confined to the bog. :laugh I bet Michael planned this late so Sneddon wasn't expecting it. :verydevil

minnie michael

yes i feel happy and nervous at the same time, that will be the third time we see Mike go there.... :console :console support Mike..everything will be ok... :rainbow: :rainbow: :holdhand

Jakki17MJ

Hey y'all! If Mike's sis Janet goes, then it's possible Janet Jackson will meet Janet Jackson.........(twilight zone music)...

:cryptic

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jakki17MJ
Hey y'all! If Mike's sis Janet goes, then it's possible Janet Jackson will meet Janet Jackson.........(twilight zone music)...

:laugh

Cristine87

Originally posted by Jakki17MJ

:crackingu That's funny!

ThrillerFan

I have a question. Does anyone know what the video tapes found in the PI's office are about? The fact that the prosecution is so eager to use them as evidence and the defense's constant battle to keep them out of the evidence pool worries me a bit. Have they said what the tapes are about? I'm confused.

-Matt

MJISHOT

im so pleased he's going even tho he doesnt have too!! He wants to look sneddon in the eye and show him he aint afraid! :inlove: aww i love him so much.. just got this from mjni hot shots..

Michael Jackson To Attend Monday Hearing

Although Michael Jackson filed a waiver which meant he does not have to attend hearings next week, he has decided to attend Monday's hearing - which is scheduled to see Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon testify, according to the Associated Press.

Sources told AP (under the condition of anonymity) that the King of Pop will attend the hearing with several members of his family. It is still not known whether or not Michael will attend hearings throughout the week.

Sneddon is scheduled to take the stand on Monday in relation to a raid on private investigator Bradley Miller's office that took place in November 2003. At the time Miller was working for Michael's former attorney Mark Geragos. According to the Defence, Sneddon had an unhealthy interest in the raid and was unusually heavily involved, endorsing the idea that the DA has a personal vendetta against Michael Jackson.

Defence attorney Thomas Mesereau has indicated that the Sheriff's department violated the attorney-client privilege of confidentiality with the raid; therefore all evidence that was seized should be suppressed and not allowed to be used in trial.

:praying: please let it all go well!