TMZ: Janet to Pay Tribute at MTV Video Awards

HeavenSent

This is TMZ y'all, so yeah... Rumor alert until it's actually confirmed by a legit source.

Janet Jackson--If the Glove Fits

Janet Jackson has been busting her butt rehearsing for a Michael Jackson tribute at the MTV Video Awards this weekend -- and it promises to be a nipple-free affair. We think.

Ms. Jackson is set to put on a huge MJ-honoring performance featuring 20 backup dancers -- which is being put together by some of the best choreographers in the world, including Frank Gatson and Travis Payne.

According to Kryiss Grant, one of the dancers involved (who was also an usher at MJ's burial), some rehearsals have lasted 15 hours a day.

Once Janet is finished honoring her brother, Grant tells us "there won't be a dry eye in the house."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0QWuPo7PO

Saphster

HeavenSent;219059 said:
Janet Jackson has been busting her butt rehearsing for a Michael Jackson tribute at the MTV Video Awards this weekend -- and it promises to be a nipple-free affair. We think.

They just can't let that go can they? :rolleyes:

HeavenSent;219059 said:
Once Janet is finished honoring her brother, Grant tells us "there won't be a dry eye in the house."

I hope so. This makes me glad. I want those people who talked $hit about him to feel TERRIBLE about the way they treated Michael and to realize that we lost the greatest artist that ever lived!

I hope she will do the moonwalk, 45 degrees lean, running man/men, and crotch grabbing! :D:p Of course even if she doesn't have the..you know... if she's doing a tribute to his brother, Michael---- JUST GIVE IT ALL U CAN JANET, SHOW IT TO US UR CAPABILITIES THAT U HAVE WHEN IT COMES TO IMITATING UR BROTHERès signature moves! :rolleyes::) For sure, there'll be NO DRY EYES when we see YOU perform! :1crying :)

Saphster

Random question but why is this in the 'Dimond/Sneddon/ETC Info' section? Is it because it is TMZ? :idontknow

HeavenSent

Saphster;219093 said:
Random question but why is this in the 'Dimond/Sneddon/ETC Info' section? Is it because it is TMZ? :idontknow
Yep. whisper got on me about that when I'd posted a TMZ article in the main Convos thread. So yeah....Just trying to do right! :lol

Lil MJ

Hopefully its true cuz I would love to see that! The only reason why Im watching the VMA's this year is to see if they do right by Mike and give the BEST tribute show for him out of everyone so far. MTV owes it to the King for everything he's done for MTV. The 'M' in MTV should stand for Michael =P ha ha ha! But other than that, I wouldnt watch the VMA's cuz they always SUCK! After, I think 2004-ish, it got really boring and nothing entertaining. So I'll only watch it to see any MJ tributes.

Saphster

Lil MJ;219098 said:
Hopefully its true cuz I would love to see that! The only reason why Im watching the VMA's this year is to see if they do right by Mike and give the BEST tribute show for him out of everyone so far. MTV owes it to the King for everything he's done for MTV. The 'M' in MTV should stand for Michael =P ha ha ha! But other than that, I wouldnt watch the VMA's cuz they always SUCK! After, I think 2004-ish, it got really boring and nothing entertaining. So I'll only watch it to see any MJ tributes.

Same here! When Chris Brown and Rihanna performed 'Umbrella' together a few years ago I thought it was Michael coming out...then I noticed it was just Rihanna dressed in something Michael would wear. I guess after that SURPRISE performance he did by coming out when NSYNC was performing 'Pop' I always watched it...just to see if he would surprisingly come on the show again. He did a little after again when MTV gave him a birthday cake...but he thought it was an award....I didn't like how MTV poked fun at him because of it. It was a simple misunderstanding. But, yeah they got really bad. They were always bad mouthing Michael. Even though he practically made MTV'S popularity go over the roof.

HeavenSent

Go Jan.

I just saw her VMA performance from 2000. Girl had it going on.

For those who don't remember, here's a revisit:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

I see so much of Michael in her performance. What a talented brother sister duo.

Saphster

Doesn't anyone find this kind of annoying? :idontknow

I like Janet but I hate the MTV VMA'S. I guess this is her way of coping though. Through music and not through interviews with tabloids...

HeavenSent

the VMA's have completely gone downhill and MTV is the one network who screwed her over and abandoned her when she didn't deserve it. I would have felt better if it were on BET but it's all in the timing.

Cristine87

HeavenSent;219118 said:
the VMA's have completely gone downhill and MTV is the one network who screwed her over and abandoned her when she didn't deserve it. I would have felt better if it were on BET but it's all in the timing.

The VMA's has to be the most overrated award show in the world. They hype that damn show up so much every single year. Whatever! Yes, I will tune in to see Janet cause she's bad a.ss just like her brother and to me she's the queen of pop. I'm glad she's opening. MTV confirmed it! I do agree, they were shady for that nipple incident. The backlash she got for that was EXTREMELY unfair and hypocritical. MTV shows so much scandalous sh*t on their channel and they have the audacity to shun her but they embrace Justin. Not to mention britney and madonna's scandalous a.sses. Unreal! That 2002 incident with MJ was also ridiculous. He's a f*cking legend and he made your piece of sh*t channel and you invite him on the show to give him a crappy cardboard cake presented by britney spears, who was dressed in that god awful dominatrix get-up? What? Kiss my a.ss!

Saphster

Cristine87;219123 said:
The VMA's has to be the most overrated award show in the world. They hype that damn show up so much every single year. Whatever! Yes, I will tune in to see Janet cause she's bad a.ss just like her brother and to me she's the queen of pop. I'm glad she's opening. MTV confirmed it! I do agree, they were shady for that nipple incident. The backlash she got for that was EXTREMELY unfair and hypocritical. MTV shows so much scandalous sh*t on their channel and they have the audacity to shun her but they embrace Justin. Not to mention britney and madonna's scandalous a.sses. Unreal! That 2002 incident with MJ was also ridiculous. He's a f*cking legend and he made your piece of sh*t channel and you invite him on the show to give him a crappy cardboard cake presented by britney spears, who was dressed in that god awful dominatrix get-up? What? Kiss my a.ss!

I :love your posts. They brighten up my day! :icrackingup

HeavenSent

Girl...the VMA's are overrated because music had deginerated into a pile of hot crap. There are no true entertainers anymore, except for an exceptional few. There is no creativity or blood sweat and tears put into anything anymore, and those who do put it all on the line, aren't given their due credit. All you need to do is shake your ass, swing your hair, oil down your legs, get a whole bunch of dancers and get yourself a catchy beat and bam, You're worthy to open the VMA's.

Janet is a true entertainer who knows how to bring it. Say what you want about her latest albums, but at the end of the day, she knows that stage and owns it.

It's sad because like LilMJ said earlier, we used to look forward to watching awards shows, just for the wow factor. Now, it's a sad attempt at pushing the envelope when the envelope's already been pushed.

I guarantee if MJ were to come back and re-perform his Dangerous routine, it'd still be head and shoulders about the 2nd best act. Nobody would be checking for no damn awards after that.

I am imagining that Janet will really actually be a Michael Jackson impersonator with all the glittered glove and socks, black loafers, white undershirt, fedora and long jheri curl and a bit of it at the front of forehead and she'll dance Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, the Jackson medley songs (old fashioned way!:bleh) then Man In The Mirror and I'll Be There for the finale... :rolleyes: ................. then, I will close my eyes and imagine it's Michael performing while hearing his own voice on top of Janet's.. then MJEOLers, the fans will be chanting sooooo LOUD enough to break and hurt the VMA audiences ears but not the fans...!!??? and, and half of the MJEOLers will be carrying HUUUUGE banners enough to block the visions of those people who don't like Michael! LLLLLLlllovely!!! :bleh :yayyay:welovemj:woohoo:

Cristine87

Saphster;219130 said:
I :love your posts. They brighten up my day! :icrackingup

:)Anytime!

Girl...the VMA's are overrated because music had deginerated into a pile of hot crap. There are no true entertainers anymore, except for an exceptional few. There is no creativity or blood sweat and tears put into anything anymore, and those who do put it all on the line, aren't given their due credit. All you need to do is shake your ass, swing your hair, oil down your legs, get a whole bunch of dancers and get yourself a catchy beat and bam, You're worthy to open the VMA's

Seriously, I see some of these so called "artists" now and I'm just in awe of the mediocrity. I grew up listening to people like MJ, Janet, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Prince, etc., people who actually had talent and were innovators, now you have people like Rhianna, britney spears, and these classless rappers with there a.sses visible for the world to see! MTV should become NTR, No Talent Required!

MJfan01'

Yah, this generation of music basically sucks. Like you guys said all you have to do is shake your ass or sing/rap about shaking your ass now a days.

MJfan01';219161 said:
Yah, this generation of Beyonce basically sucks. Like you guys said all you have to do is shake your ass or sing/rap about shaking your ass now a days.

You are making me laugh hard MJfan01! :lol they're showing how nice their ASS.ets of course! Now it makes me wonder if the CROTCH GRABBING style has something to do with.... umm.... :zippedlips:8-26-03respect::lol

Kidding!