U think that michael ever apologized to janet for making fun of her?

mjlover123

Okay recently in an interview Janet mentioned that Michael used to make fun of her about her weight and that he called her a " Slaughter Hog" or House" whether these names. Do u think that Michael ever apologized to his sister when he realized that it hurted her? :mellow: It would really be something if when her and Mike were younger and when he made fun of her that she just got mad at him and gave him the silent treatment. U think that janet ever gave Michael the silent treatment before and what u think Michael's reaction was? I know we dont know for sure what really went down between the two but we can still express our opinions.:mellow:

smoody

I have heard this brought up many times on a couple of different sites. Sometimes it starts to take on thisweird tone. (Oh how could he and I just never thought he would ever and so on...) So I would like to just add something before we get started here. As we all know Michael is Janet's big brother.This was all normal big brother talk.I have a sister who had a hearty appetite when she was younger and my older sisters would call her a "big ox." Brothers I understand can be much worse!!!
Well anyway.... You are right. We will never know what happened in that situation because it took place in the privacy of their home. However if I had to guess I would say no he didn't go back later in life and apologize. They are brother and sister. They probably out grow that stage just like every other brother and sister in the world or at least this culture.:wink

mjlover123

smoody;191753 said:
I have heard this brought up many times on a couple of different sites. Sometimes it starts to take on thisweird tone. (Oh how could he and I just never thought he would ever and so on...) So I would like to just add something before we get started here. As we all know Michael is Janet's big brother.This was all normal big brother talk.I have a sister who had a hearty appetite when she was younger and my older sisters would call her a "big ox." Brothers I understand can be much worse!!!
Well anyway.... You are right. We will never know what happened in that situation because it took place in the privacy of their home. However if I had to guess I would say no he didn't go back later in life and apologize. They are brother and sister. They probably out grow that stage just like every other brother and sister in the world or at least this culture.:wink

well i dont think she outgrow that i THINK IN A WAY SHES Still affected by it. She did say that she had depression at one point, so perhaps it was caused by what happened in her childhood.

smoody

He may have said he was sorry, if she went to him and said "hey you know that really hurt my feelings." But as far as the depression goes. It seems a bit much to lay at a teasing brothers feet. I mean if that be the case then every sibling in the country would be laying on somebodies couch. Having said that everyone is intitled to their own experience. That includes Janet. But like we said in the beinging who can know for sure?

mjlover123

smoody;191758 said:
He may have said he was sorry, if she went to him and said "hey you know that really hurt my feelings." But as far as the depression goes. It seems a bit much to lay at a teasing brothers feet. I mean if that be the case then every sibling in the country would be laying on somebodies couch. Having said that everyone is intitled to their own experience. That includes Janet. But like we said in the beinging who can know for sure?

my opinion is that if Michael was affected later on by his brother's teasing and his father's treatment of him when he was younger, then Janet must have been affected by her brother teasing as well too. I mean it goes both ways.:(

smoody

I can agree with that. I see your point.However the glaring difference is Michael was also hearingthis from his father
It is a father's job to shape a child's mind set. NOT a brother or cousin, but a PARENTS.
I give you an example. Siblings and even mean children in school yards have call other children pigs sense forever. But for Alec Balwin to say it to his daughter is just disgusting. If you listen to Michael's interview with Oprah and he talks about his family teasing him notice the shock came when he said and 'my father.Sorry Joseph "

mysteriousone

smoody;191761 said:
I can agree with that. I see your point.However the glaring difference is Michael was also hearingthis from his father
It is a father's job to shape a child's mind set. NOT a brother or cousin, but a PARENTS.
I give you an example. Siblings and even mean children in school yards have call other children pigs sense forever. But for Alec Balwin to say it to his daughter is just disgusting. If you listen to Michael's interview with Oprah and he talks about his family teasing him notice the shock came when he said and 'my father.Sorry Joseph "

Joseph was just a big bully as far as I'm concerned! I hate (sorry for using such a strong word) parents who bully there children....I have no time for them whatsoever! Mental abuse is just as damaging as physical abuse and can scar (as we've seen through Michael) one for life! Siblings however, teasing is a little different! I'm quite certain Janet hassled Michael on occasions too so I really don't understand Janet when she talks of Michael teasing her when she was younger and the effect it has on her now! My brother called me thunder thighs when I was in my early teens, and I called him a puny pimp squeak, but we're fine now--naturally we've grown up a little, LOL! There is no way I'd say, BOO HOO you used to call me "thunder thighs" and get all upset about it now and expect an apology! :rolleyes: I dunno, is Janet still, really upset over Michael teasing her?

(Sorry to poke my nose in here, but it looked fairly interesting, LOL)

Mysti!

smoody

Mysti, that is a good question I'm not sure if she is still upset over it,but like I said before when it gets talked about on some of the forum it's as if he scared her. I'm not saying Mike was right for saying it. I 'm just saying it sounds very normal. Mysti wasn't driven into the depths of depression because of her brothers teasing. Well Janet is a sister just like Mysti.It comes with the territory

Brothers and sisters tease each other all of the time it is part of growing up. Having your Father tease you is something different all together. Michael seems to have forgiven his Dad, Janet IMO is just talking just to bring her brother up. I really don't think it effected her the way she wants us to believe it did.

Shannon

mysteriousone;191765 said:
Joseph was just a big bully as far as I'm concerned! I hate (sorry for using such a strong word) parents who bully there children....I have no time for them whatsoever! Mental abuse is just as damaging as physical abuse and can scar (as we've seen through Michael) one for life! Siblings however, teasing is a little different! I'm quite certain Janet hassled Michael on occasions too so I really don't understand Janet when she talks of Michael teasing her when she was younger and the effect it has on her now! My brother called me thunder thighs when I was in my early teens, and I called him a puny pimp squeak, but we're fine now--naturally we've grown up a little, LOL! There is no way I'd say, BOO HOO you used to call me "thunder thighs" and get all upset about it now and expect an apology! :rolleyes: I dunno, is Janet still, really upset over Michael teasing her?

Mysti!

EXACTLY, Mysti. You worded my thoughts exactly. Quite frankly, I found it rather weird when I read about Janet's interview this weekend. I dunno if it was something the Norwegian media just made up, but how come is it that she only wanted to name Michael and nobody else of those who teased her?

Janet made ONE comment about this in an interview awhile back, when 20 Y.O was first coming out, I believe, and the media is STILL rehashing it through these little online articles, most of which just repeat what was already told anyhow? :rolleyes: :lol Unless I've missed something here, this is just a re-telling of what was said once, MONTHS ago. I mean, it's not like she's going on Dr. Phil and Dr. Keith Ablow and all those other shows and continually talking about it..the media just likes to keep it going..

mjlover123

But it still hurts coming from her older bro. The one that she looks up to and has a close relationship with. And who we are u to said that it hasnt affected her as much as she is letting on. Just because she hasnt show that she is hurting doesnt mean that she isnt hurting inside privately. Just reverse the roles for a min if Michael was made fun of by his older brother instead of his father would u think he be hurt by that as well or would u say that he just has to get over it too?:rolleyes:

HeavenSent

But it still hurts coming from her older bro. The one that she looks up to. And who we are u to said that it hasnt affected heras much as she is letting on.
We don't know if Janet is walking around affected by this or not. So unless you talk to her and see what's going on, what's the point of even getting worked up over it? Discussing it is cool and I like this because there are points to be made either way. But I mean, the rolling eyes and such? You're getting annoyed when really both sides of the arguement are up for grabs.

mjlover123

HeavenSent;191809 said:
We don't know if Janet is walking around affected by this or not. So unless you talk to her and see what's going on, what's the point of even getting worked up over it? Discussing it is cool and I like this because there are points to be made either way. But I mean, the rolling eyes and such? You're getting annoyed when really both sides of the arguement are up for grabs.[/QUOTE

well some people act like mICHAEL IS such an angel that he doesnt have any flaws. And i wasnt getting worked up okay? i was just trying to make point. if it seem like i was i do apologize.

Shannon

mjlover123;191811 said:
well some people act like mICHAEL IS such an angel that he doesnt have any flaws.

I don't act like he's an angel. I love both Michael and Janet -- still, I find this weird.

trenny

She already said a while ago that he had apologized for teasing her so I don't Know why she keeps bringing it up! Mabe she's mad at him or something and wants to hurt him, because I'm sure that with 9 brothers and sisters in the house that Michael was'nt the only one who teased her.:icon_hitting

mjlover123

trenny;191814 said:
She already said a while ago that he had apologized for teasing her so I don't Know why she keeps bringing it up! Mabe she's mad at him or something and wants to hurt him, because I'm sure that with 9 brothers and sisters in the house that Michael was'nt the only one who teased her.:icon_hitting
well the other brothers werent around her enough to tease her. because they was married and moved on. And i didnt know that Michael has apologized a while ago trenny. when Janet said that? And if thats the case well then i wonder why she is still bringing this up again?

TruthSeeker

She did say a while back that he apologized why she brought it up again who knows. :idontknow

Tara she did another interview saying Michael called her a Slaughter Hog.

561MJ18man

mysteriousone;191765 said:

Mysti!

Well u must have a problem with 98%(just guessin) of us black families cuz we spank our children, and aint nothin wrong with spanking im sorry, :uh_uh:, when I have mine i want them trained to the point where all i have to do is give em a certain look and they know to sit they behind down:glare:.
But to answer this question i doubt he did because im in a big family (youngest of 8) and my bro's and sis teased me never got an apology from them. And don't expect one, don't need one.
When you are in a family thats what happens you tease one another and play w/ each other (that doesn't sound right lol) but you make jokes in other words. No need to apologize.