Warning: Another one on Nancy Grace!!

Tamiele

Sorry to those of you who hate to talk about her but I need to hear some feedback on her show from a few nights ago. I don't watch her on purpose - I just need to clarify that. The other evening she seemed to be discussing that man who had abducted those two boys and was giving a jailhouse interview. She went on and on about how inappropriate that was and blah blah blah. That wasn't what bugged me, it was the end of that discussion that shocked me to the core. To wrap up her point she summarized other notorious individuals who had given interviews while they were awaiting their trial - Jeffery Dalhmer, Ted Bundy, Son of Sam, etc., and at the end of her list she puts Michael Jackson's mug shot photo. She says his interview tainted the jury pool. I just about fell off my chair. She is absolutely off her rocker and blatantly slanderous. She, among others, has used her show night after night to discuss Michael's case and always she advocates his status as guilty. Night after Night he is portrayed as guilty to the world by her. He does one interview with Geraldo and "he taints the jury pool". How can she take a person who has been proven innocent in a court of law and include him in a list of horrible killers as a comparison. This has got to stop but how can a person get her off the air?? I have left more messages on that board stating I won't watch her and what I don't like about her but I guess she must have an audience. My point is that this must be against the law - she can't do this kind of slander and get away with it. Michael should once and for all point his guns at her. Anybody got any ideas - I mean realistic ones people - not the "I'd love to kick that B in the head" kind of stuff, haha. Although I love it too!!

Injustice has to be stopped!!!:mad:

Tamie

Cristine87

Tamiele;184299 said:
Sorry to those of you who hate to talk about her but I need to hear some feedback on her show from a few nights ago. I don't watch her on purpose - I just need to clarify that. The other evening she seemed to be discussing that man who had abducted those two boys and was giving a jailhouse interview. She went on and on about how inappropriate that was and blah blah blah. That wasn't what bugged me, it was the end of that discussion that shocked me to the core. To wrap up her point she summarized other notorious individuals who had given interviews while they were awaiting their trial - Jeffery Dalhmer, Ted Bundy, Son of Sam, etc., and at the end of her list she puts Michael Jackson's mug shot photo. She says his interview tainted the jury pool. I just about fell off my chair. She is absolutely off her rocker and blatantly slanderous. She, among others, has used her show night after night to discuss Michael's case and always she advocates his status as guilty. Night after Night he is portrayed as guilty to the world by her. He does one interview with Geraldo and "he taints the jury pool". How can she take a person who has been proven innocent in a court of law and include him in a list of horrible killers as a comparison. This has got to stop but how can a person get her off the air?? I have left more messages on that board stating I won't watch her and what I don't like about her but I guess she must have an audience. My point is that this must be against the law - she can't do this kind of slander and get away with it. Michael should once and for all point his guns at her. Anybody got any ideas - I mean realistic ones people - not the "I'd love to kick that B in the head" kind of stuff, haha. Although I love it too!!

Injustice has to be stopped!!!:mad:

Tamie

Um, what the hell? That list was of serial killers who were convicted and sentenced, why the hell is Michael included in that list? How about writting this to her:

Dear Kettle,

You are black!

XOXO
Pot

That b*tch is a big hypocrite! She's on that show every night condeming anyone who's on trial as guilty, so do not sit there and accuse anyone of tainting a jury pool, stupid loud mouth c*nt! Why is it wrong to defend him, but it's okay to trash him? Either way, you're being biased! It's biased to say he's not guilty, but it's ok to assume he is and insinuate it all over the press, no matter how much jury tainting you're doing? Kiss my @ss!

Well, I can semi-understand him being listed as a defendant who was interviewed before their trial (though it sucks he was listed among a bunch of serial killers..done on purpose, no doubt..:glare: :rolleyes: ), but the "tainting the jury pool" part is where she loses the point entirely. "Tainting the jury pool" by way of the Geraldo interview? What? I mean, Michael couldn't even talk about the "case" aside from that last statement at the end, because of the gag order anyway! And he's a famous person already--so who hasn't heard about him or heard him talk beforehand! :lol Plus, it wasn't like he was a media darling to begin with..that interview was one of the few drops of positive press he got from the likes of most of the press anyway! The "bias" wasn't in his favor to begin with!

But then again, why am I even wasting my time, typing about her in the first place? :lol I know it's sickening, but I wouldn't even do her the favor of considering her viewpoint to begin with. HER bias is soooo evident...I don't think there's been a SINGLE defendant so far she hasn't already condemned. She thinks EVERYONE is guilty, man! :rolleyes: :lol

So..consider the source. ;) :)

danaluvsmj

Who cares about that old hag? She never says anything nice on her show anyway. I'd rather not even waste my time with all her negativity.

SpecialJanet25

Like everyone I would not waste my time with that loud mouth b**ch. Look let say her whatever she wants to said, nothing you can do about it. We know how bias she is and plus she was not in the courtroom during the trial, so why she claims Michael tainted the jury pool is absurb and b.s. So let it go, its not worth. Her time will come when her ass gets kick to the unemployment line

Tamiele

SpecialJanet25;184308 said:
Like everyone I would not waste my time with that loud mouth b**ch. Look let say her whatever she wants to said, nothing you can do about it. We know how bias she is and plus she was not in the courtroom during the trial, so why she claims Michael tainted the jury pool is absurb and b.s. So let it go, its not worth. Her time will come when her ass gets kick to the unemployment line

Amen to that!! I am waiting for the "what goes around comes around" to take a big **** on her head!!

Tamie

ctlover

From show transcripts. Link is below. I'm not sure she said he tainted the jury during this episode, but she was crude and unprofessional just the same (imagine that!)

GRACE: Maybe since 9:00? And is it true, Melanie Streeper, he actually complained it`s too loud for him behind bars? Please tell me that I`m wrong, please.

MELANIE STREEPER, KTRS RADIO: No, no, his cell is actually next to where they process the inmates. And, you know, it`s just too loud for him. And so, yes, he was complaining.

GRACE: Well, another thing about these jailhouse interviews -- and you`ve got to commend the student that went back there. And he, of course, allowed her to come speak to him. Let`s take a look at other people that gave interviews prior to their trial.

Didn`t help Scott Peterson very much, that interview that he had. It was aired over and over. In fact, it became evidence at trial.

Now with Simpson, he gave plenty of interviews that made him so notorious. But he managed an acquittal.

Darrell Littlejohn, remember Imette St. Guillen? This guy gave plenty of interviews. He`s headed for life without parole.

Justin Barber, we showed you that jailhouse interview with Jean Casarez on Friday night. That was prior to trial, Justin Barber.

Then David Berkowitz, remember Son of Sam? These are his known victims. He ended up with a conviction.

Ted Bundy, of course, was, oh, so happy to give interviews. These were some of his known victims. As you know, he was put to death.

Jeff Dahmer, he got the death penalty from another inmate, after his jailhouse interview. Jeffrey McDonald.

Who could forget Wayne Williams, the notorious Atlanta serial killer? He loved the media. It didn`t help him when he got life behind bars.

And, of course, Michael Jackson. Eek! He gave plenty of interviews. We all thought they were damaging. The jury disagreed.

Let`s go back out to the lines. Lucy in New York, hi, Lucy.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/22/ng.01.html

Tamiele

Found this article on the net. I especially like the last few lines.

http://www.villagevoice.com/screens/0515,tv1,62897,28.html

Full of Grace
Court TV's secret weapon brings her flaring nostrils and female rage to CNN Headline News

by Joy Press
April 11th, 2005 3:38 PM

From district attorney to cable star
photo: Tanya Savayan
Nancy Grace
Weeknights at 8 on CNN Headline News

Closing Arguments
Weekdays at 3 on Court TV

The stars aligned for a spectacular convergence of freak-show fodder for the cable news networks in late March. Robert Blake set free! Terri Schiavo taken off a feeding tube! The pope put on a feeding tube! Michael Jackson under fire! But of all television's talking heads, only one figure was capable of fully exploiting this tabloid bonanza, feeding on each story like tasty carrion.
That woman was Nancy Grace, Court TV host and Larry King sidekick, she of the notoriously flaring nostrils, who recently took over the nightly prime-time slot on CNN Headline News. Since February, when Grace joined Headline News, she has helped double the ratings of the reliable and monotonous channel I once left on in hotel rooms for a steady drip of ambient background noise. Grace pierces the bland surface of Headline News like a bloodcurdling scream as she delectates over the most salacious court cases of the day, grinding up all of these stories until they resemble so much greasy hamburger meat.

Very few female names surfaced in the media speculation about who would replace Dan Rather. It's only in the cable news realms that women get their own shows, and even then, most of these anchors (think Paula Zahn) play it pleasant and demure, projecting the image of a perky, blonde working-mom-next-door. Grace may be blonde, but she is about as perky as a roach bomb, coating every story she reports–if reports is the right word for her prejudicial presentations–with bile and fury. Although she's as belligerent and cocksure as Bill O'Reilly, Grace doesn't seem driven by anything as clear or comfortable as ideology. Instead, she embraces the pose of a woman scorned, frequently making references to the murder of her fiancé 26 years ago, which inspired her to become a prosecutor for a Georgia D.A.'s office. Grace uses her show on CNN Headline News and her daily two-hour stretch on Court TV, Closing Arguments, to vicariously prosecute a series of high-profile court cases in ways that wouldn't be allowed in a real court. (Back in her prosecuting days, though, Grace was apparently chastised once for inappropriate and possibly illegal conduct.) Her program often turns into a crusade as she flagellates a small list of demonized characters like Scott Peterson, Robert Blake, and Michael Jackson.

Nearly every night for the last few weeks she's read aloud from salacious transcripts ascribing dirty deeds to Jackson. She takes special, almost obsessive glee in 1993 testimony from a boy who alleged nipple sucking and butt grabbing. "I told him I didn't like that and Michael Jackson started to cry," Grace quotes, then sneeringly rubs her eyes as if to wipe away crocodile tears. She abrasively cross-examines anyone who disagrees with her, whether it's the defense attorneys she brings on to play whipping boys or the uncle of a boy who settled in an earlier case, whom she scolded, "I don't like witnesses sitting back counting their muh-ney!" Her recent antagonistic encounter with Jesse Jackson set the blogosphere ablaze when the reverend tried to remind Grace of that fading American principle, due process. In response, Grace tossed saucy morsels into his lap ("Reverend Jesse Jackson, this suggestion that Michael Jackson is in bed with several little boys and their underwear is piled by the bed . . ."). Grace continues to ride Jackson's "creep factor" on a daily basis. "I may get served for saying 'creepy,' " she quipped on
Closing Arguments last week. "It's highly inflammatory." Her lamentations for Terri Schiavo were equally inflammatory: One night she crowed about Terri's doctors, "who are going home to a nice steak and lobster dinner tonight, a little surf and turf, maybe a little vino; they don't think she should have a morphine drip while she's starving to death?"

If Grace is unabashedly provocative, she's also baldly ambitious; some media pundits are touting her as Larry King's future replacement. Her Headline News series is billed as a legal-issues program, but Grace's desire to play with the big kids means weighing in on other newsworthy subjects like, say, the pope's impending demise. This led to some hilariously inappropriate babble. She grilled one Newsweek reporter as if there were some nefarious plot brewing at the Vatican: "First we heard the pope was dead. Then we heard, no, that's incorrect. Now we are hearing back and forth, and back and forth. Why? . . . You say when the time is right, when the time is right. Why would they keep that from the public?"

Grace often snickers at Michael Jackson's lack of awareness about his public image, but the criticism easily applies to her. For a media supernova, she has very little control over her facial expressions. Every time I freeze-frame her show, I catch Grace wrinkling her nose in blatant disgust or twisting her mouth in a contemptuous gesture. (She obviously doesn't follow Tyra Banks's advice on America's Top Model to practice making pretty faces in the mirror.) She's a Saturday Night Live sketch waiting to happen, a self-made cartoon character who turns world weekly news into a baroque passion play. It's rare to see this kind of female rage vented on television, though it doesn't amount to anything more revolutionary than the angry white-male pundits. But Grace has a growing viewership, and it's not a question of them liking her despite her transparently wrathful facial expressions but because of them. She embodies a kind of unfocused anger that ignites around flashpoint cases, tapping into her viewers' sense that things have gone wrong and ordinary people are getting a raw deal.

Watching Nancy Grace, I can feel two sides of myself in bitter conflict. There's the irony-soaked Gen X'er in me who treats the show as a spectator sport, delighting in every sleazy line of inquiry. And then there's the more earnest me who understands how many people watch Grace in utter seriousness–the me who agrees with Jon Stewart's contention that this kind of blowhard demagoguery is "hurting America." May the better half win.

Ok here we go again the hoe still talken ****. MJ has to take her to court for slander make her spin some money her network give up money their is lot of evadents against her too. We have to find some thing on her she might have some thing to hide we have to find it. I feel when Michael new album comes out she will kick it in over drive for some reason the hater all come out. We half to shut them up and the down when he sales 5 million the first day the first week is going to be amazing unreal can't waite. Nancy can eat **** she looks like a demon old hatefull bitch.

T0dd0la

this is unheard of... I dont get those who want to close their eyes all the time. We should fight this. You say, "turn your back", I say, "stay and fight"... Fight for Michael`s name. He has been vandalized for a too long time now. It is time to stand up and learn those basdards that we do not tolerate this.. Someone got an idea what we can do? what about mailing "hate-mail" to nancy? May help!??

Did Grace say the reason why the judge allowed this interview? Of course not so many DA leaks the judge had no chose but to allow Michael to respond. Grace can say what she wants but the bottom line is not guilty tweety

T0dd0la;184415 said:
this is unheard of... I dont get those who want to close their eyes all the time. We should fight this. You say, "turn your back", I say, "stay and fight"... Fight for Michael`s name. He has been vandalized for a too long time now. It is time to stand up and learn those basdards that we do not tolerate this.. Someone got an idea what we can do? what about mailing "hate-mail" to nancy? May help!??

While I totally understand your point of view, I think the BEST, most effective way we can stand up to her is with the ratings..or lack there of! Simply boycott these sort of programs that treat him that way or spread those kind of lies! If no one watches when they rip on him, they will realize that picking on and spreading lies about Michael Jackson doesn't sell and guess what?: They will be a HELL of a lot less likely to do it! :lol Honestly, do you really think Nancy Grace is going to be moved by our e-mails or really care about what we think? Honestly, I don't think so..though I DO think she cares about her ratings and keeping them up! I know how it is..I used to watch the show whenever Michael would be discussed on it, out of curiousity, and it would often get me very upset, but now I realize what a waste of time it is! Just don't tune in...I think a lack of ratings would speak MUCH louder than words in this particular case! :D

JMO.

Debbyg

[SAYWHAT]
This is why I don't want Michael here in the so call U.S.A b&*&* like that make me so dam mad she Had's no brains at all .come-on why would she do that .I tell you why" cause she kenos that Michael is here - hope he see it that why . And when he was not here nothing was say about him at all so now he is here in the so call U.S.A . NOW the bull %&*# starts. so I do not watch her at all so I can not tell you what happen
:8-26-03ranting:[/SAYWHAT]

Debbyg;184494 said:
[SAYWHAT]:8-26-03ranting:[/SAYWHAT]

I'm sorry, but that couldn't be further from the truth..LOL! :lol I've made the mistake of tuning into that crappy show more than a few times and let me tell you, practically the WHOLE damn time he was away, they were talking about how he was "running". When he was in Bahrain, he was "broke", a "hasbeen", "running away", "never coming back" to America..or any other nation with an extridition treaty with it. Then when he went over to Europe and Ireland, that theory was squelched, but they still went on, blabbering about the ranch and his finances. And now...well, aside from this latest, little stupid comparison..they've pretty much shut up! LOL! :lol Michael has been back here for what, like a month now, but I have yet to see Grace or any of her cronies speak much on it...it's like they all have egg in their face..and they do! :lol

If Michael had stayed away, he would've gotten criticised too..probably even more so. So, I'm so glad he's doing what HE wants to do and not letting those people rule him. Because..why should he? :8-26-03fruits_apple

danaluvsmj

Debbyg, first of all, what Nancy Grace said had NOTHING to do with Michael being back in the states, hell she probably doesn't even know he's back since she has her head up her ass, so stop worrying about it and be happy for him that he's getting on with his life. Besides, she was talking **** about him even when he was out of the U.S., so it makes no difference either way.