Watchin\' Da \'88 Grammy\'s Makes Me So Mad

2Dangerous4MJ

My grandma has a bunch of old tapes and guess what I found? Yep, '88 Grammy's and I took it, too. lol I took The Jacksons: An American Dream movie, too.

But yes, back to the subject at hand. Michael just peformed his booty off and they gone and give the Grammy to U2. :hellnaw And some dude won for producing "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston instead of Michael and Quincy. AIN'T DAT SOME MESS. 'Bad' was great album, could've gotten at least one smidget of a Grammy. I know Michael was pissed. lol But he smiled when the dude won and Quincy hugged him. Good sportsmanship.

AND EEEEEEEK! DA PEPSI COMMERICALS ARE ON IT! :tooexcite

A

Anonymous

Well MJ still holds the records for the most grammies won in one night. :D...8 grammys!

And it doesn't matter if MJ performed his ass off, the winners are chosen before the show goes on. :laugh

2Dangerous4MJ

I know, but it seems like usually (obviously not always) after someone performs, they get a Grammy right after they perform.

But I must say, seeing him backstage while he was all sweatly after the performance...:D

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
Well MJ still holds the records for the most grammies won in one night. :D...8 grammys!
actually that isnt true any more ...Carlos Santana TIED with mj.. he won 8 grammy's in one night at the 42nd Grammy Awards show,(He kinda won 9 grammy's because of the song Smooth, He was Featured in that song and it won a grammy too. But he didn't write the song he just played guitar so yea...he won 8 of his OWN awards) I remember watching it... and hoping he wouldn't beat mj's record, but good job for him, if anybody could tie his record i would perfer it to be a legend like santana
And for those of u who need a source to believe anything
Carlos Santana's latest album release, Supernatural, the 36th of his career, spotlights a legendary artist at the peak of his powers. Supernatural has sold in excess of ten million copies, and has been officially certified 'Dectillion Platinum' - Diamond Status-by the R.I.A.A. It won nine GRAMMYs at the 42nd Annual GRAMMY Awards in February 2000, including Album Of the Year, Best Rock Album, and Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year for 'Smooth,' Santana's unforgettable collaboration with alternative-rock favorite Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas.
Source: www.santana.com the official website (in the biography section)
42nd Annual Grammy Awards, Carlos wins 8 Grammys (Supernatural winning a total of 9 awards) February 23.
Indeed, as the Grammys entered the year 2000, the proceedings remained rooted in familiarity, with Santana ruling a night that seemed to honor the guitarist's 30 plus year career as much as his 1999 chart-topping album "Supernatural." Santana's nine wins included honors for Album Of The Year for "Supernatural" and Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year for "Smooth" [RealVideo] (though Song Of The Year actually went to songwriters Itaal Shur and Rob Thomas).
Source: MTV.com http://www.mtv.com/bands/archive/g/grammyw...p00/rolls.jhtml
Santana ties record for most Grammys

It was Carlos Santana's comeback night: Santana, the 52-year-old singer-guitarist who played at the original Woodstock in 1969, took home eight Grammys for his 1999 album "Supernatural," including one for best album and two for the single "Smooth" featuring Rob Thomas.
Source: CNN http://edition.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/specials/2000/grammys/

also me cause i watched the show....and i love the MJ's 88 grammy performance. one of my fav of all time

floetic_justice

Michael just peformed his booty off and they gone and give the Grammy to U2.

Well the Grammys isnt about performances lol Besides the winners are pre-picked anyway :laugh

And it doesn't matter if MJ performed his ass off, the winners are chosen before the show goes on.

Crap :cryptic

2Dangerous4MJ

Now I can't talk about things that happened in the past? Lord. lol Those awards happened 3 months before I was even born so I think I have a right to have these emotions now. I'm not furious, just commenting on something that I finally saw. What CAN I talk about? Damn. lol

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by 2Dangerous4MJ
Now I can't talk about things that happened in the past? Lord. lol Those awards happened 3 months before I was even born so I think I have a right to have these emotions now. I'm not furious, just commenting on something that I finally saw. What CAN I talk about? Damn. lol

Wooaahh there, I was just joking man! :laugh

Talk! Talk! :D

Tiger Lilly

Yeh it does kinda suck when Michael doesn't win an award but I guess he can't win everything. I think his performance in 1988 proved beyond all doubt that he doesn't need an award to show off his talent. He didn't need an award that night for people to respect him. Look at us now, it's 16 years later and we're here still talking about that one performance. He has nothing to prove! :D

LuckyStar

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Yeh it does kinda suck when Michael doesn't win an award but I guess he can't win everything. I think his performance in 1988 proved beyond all doubt that he doesn't need an award to show off his talent. He didn't need an award that night for people to respect him. Look at us now, it's 16 years later and we're here still talking about that one performance. He has nothing to prove! :D

Amen! I totaly agree with you girl! :thumbsup

2Dangerous4MJ

Sorry, I suck. It just seems like everytime I make a post, people jump on my ass or it gets closed...or both. lol *lets guard down* I be sorry.:D

HeavenSent

Originally posted by 2Dangerous4MJ
Sorry, I suck. It just seems like everytime I make a post, people jump on my ass or it gets closed...or both. lol *lets guard down* I be sorry.:D
I don't see that...nevaehdreamz said she was joking...I think you make some good posts.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
I don't see that...nevaehdreamz said she was joking...I think you make some good posts.

:( Carla called me nevaehdreamz.

*jumps off building*