Well, since I\'ve been MIA lately...:)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to you all. I know I've been missing in action lately, lol. I've just had a lot going on in my (offline) life these days--I just graduated college in December and am currently in the process of applying to law school for the fall, looking for work in the mean time, contemplating a possible move (if I get in to another school besides the one here..or get a better offer elsewhere), etc, etc, but I regret that I've been out of the loop here for so long--I've missed my MJEOL family! :) I love you all and promise to at least try to keep in better touch from here on out! :wub:

And if anyone has joined MJEOL since I'd been here last, welcome! :8-26-03fruits_apple

Tara

HeavenSent

Hey Tara!! I've missed you soooo much! Congrats on graduating!! You're gonna make a great lawyer, I just have that vibe! I've always admired the fact that you've followed your dreams :D

Congrats on your college graduation, Tara! That's absolutely wonderful and amazing! I wish you the best of luck in applying to law schools. Can I ask which law schools you're looking into and what field of law you're thinking of going into?

R e a f u

Congrats on the recent graduation and good luck applying to law school! I hope that 2010 has been treating you well soon :)!

Thanks guys! :8-26-03fruits_apple:wub: Aww, Carla, I missed you too! And we are LONNNNG overdue for another political thread here on the GD. So much to catch up on! :lol :)

Can I ask which law schools you're looking into and what field of law you're thinking of going into?

Well, my first choice would be James E. Rogers School of Law here in Tucson, simply because I already have my place here and it would be a lot more conveinient in that sense, but I am applying to others as well, including one in San Diego (probably Thomas Jefferson School of Law), a few in Boston, and a few in Washington, DC, which is honestly kind of my "dream scenario" right now in that an ultimate dream/goal of mine would be to live and work there and to somehow tie my studies/career in with politics, which is, obviously, another great love of mine, lol :p I might also go for a few in LA and Phoenix as well though if I'm going to stay in AZ, I'd much rather stay in Tucson...but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks to the LSAC site, I can do one application for all the schools I apply to, so it makes it that much easier! :) I should know something more concrete by March, April probably at latest.

My first interest would be criminal law (mostly defense), but I've been growing more and more interested in Constitutional and Consumer law as well, so ideally I'd get to do a bit of each. The neat part is that I think I'll get to study all those areas or at least get somewhat of a sampling of them in law school, but those have been my biggest interests.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone---it means a lot! :) Keep your fingers crossed for me! ;) :8-26-03fruits_apple

Saphster

Congratulations! :] How's it feeling graduating from college? I bet it's a load off your shoulders! Now, finally comes what you've been waiting for. I know you're going to do great. :D

Saphster;233665 said:
Congratulations! :] How's it feeling graduating from college? I bet it's a load off your shoulders! Now, finally comes what you've been waiting for. I know you're going to do great. :D

Thanks! :) It feels good, though honestly I'll be glad when I know for sure what I'll be doing next...well, I know what I'll be doing, it's just a question of where, lol. I have most of my apps sent in..now I'm just waiting to hear back. Should know something by April, possibly sooner. Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys! :8-26-03fruits_apple

And Carla, I LOVE your new siggy! I think the Coffee Party is the perfect alternative to (and, might I add, much cooler than) the "Tea Party". :p