Why do some fans have to take everything so damn serious?

pinkrock1

I go on this other board and everyone takes everything so seriously! Someone was joking around saying that it looked like Michael had elf ears because of the way his head was turned and everyone is like, "no he doesn't!!! Don't say that about him!!! You're a hater!! Don't make fun of him like that!"
I'm like shut the fcuk up already! Have a sense of humor!! Or you can't say anything bad! You can't dis-like a song or even dislike one of his outfitts!
I don't know about you, but fans that act like that drive me up the fcuking wall. They think the littlest thing is some how offensive.
Sorry for my ranting and my usage of the f word.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Well your sense of humor may not be their sense of humor. To be honest, they can take it however they want to take it. If they don't find it funny, then it's not b/c they don't have a sense of humor. They just may not like it when people make fun of him in any way.

ZIM

I find it hard to say anything sometimes for sake of 'NOT BEING' struck off or attacked indeed. :protest
This is a 'forum', not an INTIMIDATION' conference, THATS WHY I GET ANGRY EASILY HERE!!  :nonono:

NO ONE OWNS MICHAEL JACKSON. SURE LITTLE FUN CANT HURT HIM!! He will laugh on it!!
SOME FANS ARE 'EXTREMELY' SERIOUS AND CAN BASH YOUR HEAD OFF TOO!! :applehead

*I think some forum modurators (eg Heavensent ) are worst on this issue of being 'TOO SERIOUS' and going at all extremes to attack you, as if you are an enemy here!!   :chained

MAKING FUN OF ANYONE DOES NOT MEAN YOU HATE THEM!! ITS HUMAN TO DO SO. :idontknow

SOME TEND TO DOMINATE EVERYTHING ABOUT MICHAEL, JUST BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE MET HIM OR RELATED TO HIM OR ARE HIS WORKERS OR MERE OBSESSION!! :crackingu

*LET NO ONE EVER ATTACK ME ANY JOKE I ONE DAY MAY PUT UP!!  ILOVE MICHAEL MUCH!!
Cheers again   B)
ZIM

danaluvsmj

I have a sense of humor about some things, but there are other times when it goes to far and it becomes mean. There's a fine line between what's funny and what's not.

Originally posted by danaluvsmj@Dec 9 2005, 06:58 PM
I have a sense of humor about some things, but there are other times when it goes to far and it becomes mean.  There's a fine line between what's funny and what's not.

Exactly :) Hell, I can laugh at things like the South Park episode or funny things Michael has said or done in the past, but when someone, esp. a "fan" says something mean about him, I can't and won't tolerate it. :nonono: So, it really just depends..

pinkrock1

Michael does have a sense of humor, he gave Weird Al permission to make Fat and Eat It! Of course I hate it when people say he's a plastic freak, child molester, ect...... but not stuff like InspirationMoonwalks was mentioning are funny. South Park and The Simpsons don't forget!

frozen rose

hmmm... well, I think taking a mick of a photograph is understandable about being misunderstood when you're just laughing at a particular part of him... like his ears or something. I mean, sometimes photographs don't end up like you want them to be, and that sometimes causes someone to poke fun at it - I get it all the time, and most of the time, I just laugh along with them, agreeing. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm in laughing at the photo, I mean, I sometimes do so, if I find it funny. But, like whisper said, people have different sense of humour! - Maybe these fans took it as something else, people have different types of humour, and obviously, these fans didn't get the joke!

*I think some forum modurators (eg Heavensent ) are worst on this issue of being 'TOO SERIOUS' and going at all extremes to attack you, as if you are an enemy here!!

^ I think that is not nescessary! HeavenSent, along with the others, do what is, to them, expected on this forum. They don't go to the extremes with everything, they have a sense of humour too! :S

HeavenSent

Originally posted by ZIM@Dec 9 2005, 12:39 PM
*I think some forum modurators (eg Heavensent ) are worst on this issue of being 'TOO SERIOUS' and going at all extremes to attack you, as if you are an enemy here!!   :chained

Excuse me? :blink:

minnie michael

i think that's why Mike say his fans are the most amazing and supportive fans in the world..fans are very very supportive of him..becaue he has got so many hurt and sadness we canot let him take anything like that again..maybe some jokes are not mean just wanna a laugh..but honesty i still feel not good about that..MIKE DO has a huge sense of humor but that's a limit..if its come from love and come from his fans i am sure he is ok with that..but sometimes we canot tell which one is the real fan, especially on the board..some people tend to post something mean on purpose..so..protect Mike is the main thing i think..

HeavenSent

in response to ZIM: I attack no one. However, if I take offense to something, I will express myself ACCORDINGLY. I don't go out of my way to attack, demean, humiliate....Not my style. Dont know where you get that impression from. :mellow:

Anyway....

In regards to Michael, Minnie basically said it. People want to protect Michael and even the smallest of critiques can be deemed out of line.

He's been in a special protected class for a long, long time and what may be born out of humor for some, can be ultra sensitive to others. I don't think that'll EVER change.

All a part of being in the fan fraternity.

A

Anonymous

I think people's instant defense to Michael is BECAUSE he is at the receiving end of an unwarranted and massively cruel string of negative attention from the majority of the world.

As Michael Jackson fans, we are sick and tired of hearing it. We are defensive because he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment, he deserves better because of how amazing he is.

There are things Michael does, says or acts that I don't always 100% agree with, or songs that I won't play on repeat or whatnot, but I choose not to dwell on them because there are enough people doing that for me already.

So if you want to talk about the state of his physique, or his style or something, maybe you should just be careful of the way you word yourself, because regardless of the fact that you may be kidding, some people can take it to hear because they feel the same way I do.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of Michael jokes with my fellow MJ companions, and I know I've said some things that I would probably be absolutely KILLED for, by other fans... but I know that I love Michael with all of my heart, unconditionally, as though he were another member of my immediate family. But, at a forum it's different, you really DO have to mind other people's feelings and be considerate of how they feel about MJ. Not everyone's fandom is the same.

mjmsc

every person has a different sense of humor.i know i don't like my father's jokes even if others find that irony funny.but it's hard to accept jokes about someone you love.so that's way we have to be carrefull

Eboni

It's has to do a bit also about who's making the joke...if another fans says something funny about Michael..then I'd laugh in good fun...like the other day my friend who's a supporter said that he sometimes remind her of one of the "whos"...from "whoville"... from the movie "the Grinch who stole Christmas"...now shw said that cuz she thinks his nose reminds her a bit of that,....and I thinks she was not being mean...she was just kidding around....so I giggled a bit.

After all....Michael does call his sister Janet "Dunk"...short for "Donkey"...because he thinks her body is so sturdy like a dokeys' own...so fun is fun... :applehead :applehead

I even laughed a little when he wore that muti-colored waistcoat to court...it was fashinable but bold and unexpected..Michaels' a sweetie and I love the bajeebles outta him... :pacifier

Annique

Was that at MJIFC? I read that. Some of the fans there are open to humor to a certain degree, some dont care, others hate it. I personally dont make a big deal from the elf ear thing.

LoveMeIfYouDare

all i gotta say is that its best to think if u'd offend anyone with ur comment before posting it.we have people from different countries here who think and act differently.

JANIE

Originally posted by ZIM@Dec 9 2005, 06:39 PM
I find it hard to say anything sometimes for sake of 'NOT BEING' struck off or attacked indeed. :protest
This is a 'forum', not an INTIMIDATION' conference, THATS WHY I GET ANGRY EASILY HERE!! :nonono:

NO ONE OWNS MICHAEL JACKSON. SURE LITTLE FUN CANT HURT HIM!! He will laugh on it!!
SOME FANS ARE 'EXTREMELY' SERIOUS AND CAN BASH YOUR HEAD OFF TOO!! :applehead

*I think some forum modurators (eg Heavensent ) are worst on this issue of being 'TOO SERIOUS' and going at all extremes to attack you, as if you are an enemy here!! :chained

For someone that "finds it hard to say anything sometimes" you suddenly seem to be cured! The post you're replying to is about something going on at another forum, not about what goes on here.

Why're you having a pop at our Carla? I think you may have actually confused Carla with someone else, 'cos Carla's never intimidated anyone in her life, it's just not in her nature. As for her "going to the extremes" to attack you, you're so far from the truth you're not even in the same ball-park.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by JANIE@Dec 13 2005, 11:38 AM
Why're you having a pop at our Carla? I think you may have actually confused Carla with someone else, 'cos Carla's never intimidated anyone in her life, it's just not in her nature. As for her "going to the extremes" to attack you, you're so far from the truth you're not even in the same ball-park.
hahaha, thank you, Janie.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and act like she DID get me mixed up w/someone else. Me attack someone else? Um no. I've gotten snappy w/some folks, hahaha....but you won't see me go tear someone's ass apart as she thinks I have.

But back to the topic... Jess summed it up perfectly. I'm not beyond reproach when it comes to saying things about Michael. He's not Mr. Perfection in my eyes, and there have been instances where I've wished that he's said and done things differently. I say that about every celeb---goodness--they're human. But I've never said anything that I know is unreasonable or just flat out cruel or spiteful about that man. Nothing. He's again...Human.

On a personal note, Michael long since crossed the line of being a "mere" entertainer. Michael's like a member of my own family like jess said--A man of whom I don't know... but yet he belongs to me. Make sense? Everytime i hear someone intentionally belittle him or try to destroy his character, I feel a nick in my heart. (wow, don't get me started) That's when I know it's way beyond just a "casual" fandom. I'm not fanatical...but I do find myself caring a lot more about him than I do others.

pinkrock1

Originally posted by Annique@Dec 12 2005, 01:02 PM
Was that at MJIFC? I read that. Some of the fans there are open to humor to a certain degree, some dont care, others hate it. I personally dont make a big deal from the elf ear thing.

Yeah its me coco470. Hey sis! Anyway,MJIFC is begening to scare me. They have the ttype of fans on there that compare Michael to Jesus Christ and crazy junk like that.