Why MJ Fans Are Seen As Crazy

OneMoreChance

I have often wondered why people see MJ fans as 'crazy'. I think I have finally figured it out. There are MJ fans out there that act inappropriately. Take this sculpture at the The Premises Studios. The one showing Michael dangling Blanket over the balcony. As disgusted and angry as this makes me I would never consider sending them death threats.Yet, there are fans out there that seem to think this type of behavior is ok. Let me ask these fans a question. How would Michael feel about that? Do you think he would be proud? Of course he wouldn't! If you think that he would be ok with it they you obviously don't know anything about him. Michael would be horrified to know that these types of things are being done in his name. When you post hate filled comments filled with foul language no one is going to listen. Your post then becomes a total waste of time. There are enough of these types of fans out there that we all get lumped into the "crazy obsessed MJ fans who send death threats". Which means that no one is listening to us.

How are we supposed to accomplish anything good for Michael's reputation and legacy if people won't listen to us? The answer is simple....we can't. We will accomplish nothing if things continue this way. There are groups that have done wonderful things to right some of the wrongs done to Michael. How did they do it? It was done with intelligence and persistence. Not threats and foul name calling. To see the phrase "death threats made by angry MJ fans" is a complete oxymoron. Those words should never be used in the same sentence.

One of the other things that I have noticed as well is all of the hate that seems to going on between certain groups and people. This group is angry with this group because of this or that. Aren't we all here for the same reason? We may have differing opinions about some things, but in the end we all want the same thing. Justice for Michael. We want the media to admit to there vilification of Michael. We want the people responsible for Michael death to be held accountable and we want his reputation restored. Again none of these things can be accomplished unless we all "raise our voice as one". UNITY is what matters. We must present a unified front. The spotlight does not belong on any one group or person...it belongs on Michael. I think people are forgetting that.

So I am calling on all MJ fans to stop the death threats and hate. To stop the fighting between fans. To become united in our goal. Let these people who say bad things about Michael or display disgusting sculptures know that you are angry and disgusted by what they say or do, but be respectful and tell them why they are wrong. Tell them about the wonderful things that Michael has done. Educate them on the truth of the allegations against Michael, but do so in a respectful and intelligent manner. It's the only way people will listen.

Please help me spread this message by reposting anywhere you can.

Jennie Leach
aka OneMoreChance
www.mj-overload.com

Dialdancer

OneMoreChance,

I agree with much of what you say, when we are on sites or responding to articles it is important to present ourselves as rational people, the reason we are there is to show the rest there good reason we support Michel and it is not just because he was a great entertainer or we have replace God with him. I do believe that no matter how we conduct ourselves Michael's Fans will get labeled. The Media will not attribute us with sound judgment, cognitive skills, coming from what they deem moral and normal environments, because we refuse to believe what they have spend millions of dollars and hours attempting to implant in our Minds.

Here is proof of this refusal. There are several excellent sites which have exposed "alleged victims lies, their attorneys, law enforcement and the California Judicial system, but does anyone report on our information even if in mockery.....no. Why not, if anyone would spend millions to produce a mockery autopsy using the excuse to get at the truth, why hasn't any group/panel discussed Michael's FBI File? Why has not one of the Networks aired T. Mes Harvard Speech? If we decide to fly a 100 foot balloon over a corn field with Michael's name or a greeting THAT will getting some attention if only from TMZ, Contact New and the like. Their labeling of us is the same that was done to Michael, it is meant for us to be ashamed, to feel as if we are not a part of this world. It is an excuse that was put in place so they do not have to acknowledge anything we say.

There is a lot of fighting among legitimate MJ Fans, but all is not fueled by legitimate Fans. Some fighting is due to a helpless feeling watching the stories unfold about Murray's trial and other things for which the individual Fan has concerns;. a helpless feeling that not enough share our concerns. This brings anger and also leads to moving toward groups which are radical. Sometimes it is just a matter of wanting someone to listen to what they have to say and know even if you don't believe someone will answer them. Quite honestly I have a lot more conspiracy theories now than in the early days, but if we don't do something we will drive away more Fans from the sites. Many just aren't built for fighting of any kind and only want to enjoy their Michaeling and have somewhere to do it.

There is no reason anyone would call themselves a Michael Jackson Fan and issue anyone else a death threat.

Jingles

I completely agree. It only takes one or two individuals behaving poorly for an entire group to be labeled.

Dialdancer

Although I have not participated in public events for the trial I have routinely defended the Fans there. I know that all who call themselves Fans, post pretending to be Fans aren't, but Thursday I was unfortunate to witness the conduct, the shouts and curses hurled against Murray during an earlier court appearance. Some of the people who were doing this are considered by those who have been around longer than I as former MJ followers and long time well known Fans. I was absolutely amazed at what I saw, heard and read about. Police breaking up fights btw Fan groups, groups which seem to go out of their way to destroy what little credibility we have with the public, assisting the Tabloid to label us as irrational fanatics. I had seen the repeated request by Mr. & Mrs Jackson for decorum when representing ourselves as Michael's Fans, but I did not know things were this bad. There are people out here who spend a great deal of personal time and money to support Michael's legacy by researching and buying when necessary videos, documents and authenticating services so we can stay informed and there are others whose sole mission in life seems to be cutting the fool?

Would they do this if Michael was here?

LittleSusie50

Since most people feel Michael was crazy, anyone who admires him, for whatever reason, will be labeled the same. Some fans choose to sit back in the cut, while others are more vocal. I also feel that a lot of fans may be acting out because they are still grief stricken. Its easier to grieve when the loss is not so public. Every time somebody talks mess about MJ, it zips you right back to June 25, 2009. Its like a demented version of Groundhog Day. You just can't move forward.
Before this happened, I used to think I had a handle on things. Used to think that I knew stuff about life. I realized that I don't know a damn thing about how life is 'supposed' to be. How people are 'supposed' to act. People are gonna say and do whatever they want to whoever they want whenever they want and how ever they want.
I don't know why this happened.
I don't know if Murray killed Michael accidentally or on purpose.
I don't know anything about Michael except what I saw on television.
I don't know why he did the things he did.
I don't know how this trial is gonna turn out.
And you know what? IT'S OKAY NOT TO KNOW.
It does not matter who is right and who is wrong.
It will NEVER change how all of us feel about Michael. NEVER.
We love Michael. We have always stood by him, period.
Yes, it pisses me off. But just hold on to that truth.
No one will ever be able to make us stop caring.
Sorry if I rambled. I have a tendency to do that when it comes to Michael... :rolleyes:

Dialdancer

The Michael Jackson Fans particularly the U.S. Fans are becoming known as a bad element. The hundred or thousand or so that continuously run to an article and begin to demean, slander and curse out various family members to now include the kids are giving the rest a bad name. By the time those who do not hang out on the celebrity and gossip sites get there the damage is done. After the first twenty or so no one is truly reading comments especially when they are filled with filth and ridiculous accusations against anyone who does not agree with the Poster's pet theory.

For some reason explaining that acting poorly on public sites hurt Michael's image and our efforts to preserve and grow his legacy, and to calmly and rationally rebut defaming comments WITH FACTS.
if we lose our voice to combat the slander in public we lose our opportunity to correct the lies with the public.

Having said that, it is known all the Posters claiming to be Fans are not, they are not just Fans acting badly, they are not Michael Jackson Fans. Their mission is to make Michael look bad by using us, sometime pretend to be Fans.

MJ'sTink

I find most people that make fun of me are ill informed. But I agree with dialdancer. I go on TMZ just for entertainment news and there are fans on there that get way too upset when they read the comments (that usually have numerous gramatical and spellings errors) that are against MJ.
You know what I have learned to pick my battles, and arguing with an uneducated moron on TMZ who has nothing better to do, is a waste of time. Only when friends or co workers make comments do I step in and calmly tell them the facts and then direct them to a reliable website that they can read for themselves. Then I leave it alone.

sushigirl28

Every chance I get I'll be vocal. To the idiots and all. I don't want any nescient slander to go unchallenged, even if they don't get it through their fat head and walk away still ignorant, at least they know SOMEONE does NOT approve or agree with the stupid BS they were talking.

If someone is behaving poorly, I chalk it up to personal responsibility. Maybe pull that fellow fan aside and give him or her a big hug, and tell them that they are so understood but you gotta go about it a different way.

I won't overcompensate the way I act to make up for someone else's stupid behavior, because I have a very rational but very passionate personality, and I know not to do the same. For our MJ Brothers and Sisters, I don't like to judge or turn on fans who act rageful, it makes me uncomfortable because they're ours too. They love Michael.. It's like a parent with a child, they'll do anything to protect that child. And parents get over the moon pissed off over their protection when they're threatened. A lot of times. And nothing else matters when theirs is being attacked. Michael's our child. God knows what Michael and all of us have had to go through all of our lives and put up with, and still will put up with, an outsider could only imagine it all. This is family blood we're talking about. You be talking mad smack to my face about him, like mad WILD stuff and you better run for the hills, because I am NOT playing that. There are instances where it just becomes a whole other ballgame. (If you come at me talking sick and twisted about my Mother to my face, there won't be me placidly telling that person my mother's life story and 'why they're wrong'. There will be ANGER and there will be PROOF mixed in with it. No different with Michael.)

Of course there are instances where the person saying crap is just uninformed like Tink said. And most of us are so keenly aware of when this occurs that a problem doesn't usually come from it in all the places I've been. We all know to use our judgment according to the kind of situation we're in and how to handle it. There is a difference between a defeatus attitude and a calm one, but there are situations where we will not make headway or progress unless we show our inner anger and our awareness of the situation, of the other person's lunacy, or our indignation. That's our feelings. There is always room for apologies if deserved, but undeserved there are no apologies. Fans shouldn't be fist-fighting fellow fans though, that's krazy with a capital 'K'. :rolleyes:

You know I believe the word on the street where I am, about us is "Don't mess with the MJ fans"-- a kind of 'we can do anything we put our passion behind', not with connoting us to the 'crazies' moniker so much honestly, because only idiots would think we're all crazy nowadays. Since everyone has had to eat crow since June when the real stories were coming out about everything (that WE already knew for soo many years from the very beginning), how are they going to keep that illusion up? Now 'everybody' wants to be a fan again and act like they never stopped and never really talked trash with everybody else before. Many trying to be in our 'in-crowd' now like they always were.. It's effing stupid demon idiots like Dimond that are perpetuating and acting towards intensifying that nonsense. They are at the head of it. Creating sensationalism.

And everybody knows to indeed start off rationally armed with all the facts. Our knowledge is power. Our pain is power. Our strength is power. Our perseverance is power. Our stubborness is power. Our fury is power. And our love is power. We all have and feel these things, and I'm not ashamed of any one of them. The number one thing all of us want is to always defend Michael. After everything he's done for us, we will continue to do it for him.

xo