Will.i.am doesn\'t support new Jackson album

OneMoreChance

Will.i.am doesn't support new Jackson album

NEW YORK – A new Michael Jackson album is expected by the end of the year, culled from unreleased material in his vaults. But Jackson collaborator and Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am is vehemently opposed to the idea.

"I don't think that should ever come out. That's bad," he said. "He was a perfectionist and he wouldn't have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"

Will.i.am collaborated with Jackson on the rerelease of "Thriller" in 2008 with remixed versions of some of the album's classic songs. He said Jackson was very particular about all aspects of his musical productions, from his vocals to arrangements to instrumentation.

"Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that? Because he was a friend of mine, I just think that's disrespectful," he said. "What's wrong with what he already contributed to the world?"

The Jackson estate did not respond to a request for comment.

When asked about the high demand for any new Jackson music, will.i.am replied: "So what? You don't disrespect someone when they're gone. ... How much can you suck from his energy? ... Freaking parasites!"

Not much is known about what will be on the album, but Michael's brother Jackie has said he and brother Marlon were working on the record with John McClain, Jackson's former manager and executor of his estate.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9HC1U700

While I understand Will's point about Michael being a perfectionist I think he may be over reacting a little. At least Michael's brother's are working on the album. They knew Michael. Better them then someone who doesn't know Michael at all. And "unreleased" does not mean "unfinished". These may be completed songs that never made it on an album.

MJfan01'

How does he think the estate will make money without releasing albums? Michael had many completed songs that didn't make it onto his albums. Michael even released some of his demos. Will.I.Am needs to relax because at the end of the day the money is going to his estate, paying off his debts and going to his children. To some degree he is right but this happens all the time with deceased artists. Tupac has released like 7 albums since his death...

OneMoreChance

[quote name="MJfan01'"]How does he think the estate will make money without releasing albums? Michael had many completed songs that didn't make it onto his albums. Michael even released some of his demos. Will.I.Am needs to relax because at the end of the day the money is going to his estate, paying off his debts and going to his children. To some degree he is right but this happens all the time with deceased artists. Tupac has released like 7 albums since his death...[/quote]

Agreed

Juniorlady

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]
[quote name="MJfan01'"]How does he think the estate will make money without releasing albums? Michael had many completed songs that didn't make it onto his albums. Michael even released some of his demos. Will.I.Am needs to relax because at the end of the day the money is going to his estate, paying off his debts and going to his children. To some degree he is right but this happens all the time with deceased artists. Tupac has released like 7 albums since his death...[/quote]

Agreed[/quote]
Good point.

privacy

To be honest, I agree more with Will. Not as strongly as he's putting it across, but I do agree.

If I don't hear any new Michael Jackson music.. that's fine. I love and remember him as a person more than an artist, and if he's not around to say, "yeh, sure, release it" then.. meh. I know it's all money to the estate, kids etc.. but (and I obviously know it's not my call LOL) do they actually need more money?

I just hate that something'll get released.. the media will say it's rubbish.. we'll say, well it's a bit untidy cus it's a DEMO but far from rubbish.. I'm fed up with all that.

But anyway.

OneMoreChance

[quote name="privacy"]To be honest, I agree more with Will. Not as strongly as he's putting it across, but I do agree.

If I don't hear any new Michael Jackson music.. that's fine. I love and remember him as a person more than an artist, and if he's not around to say, "yeh, sure, release it" then.. meh. I know it's all money to the estate, kids etc.. but (and I obviously know it's not my call LOL) do they actually need more money?

I just hate that something'll get released.. the media will say it's rubbish.. we'll say, well it's a bit untidy cus it's a DEMO but far from rubbish.. I'm fed up with all that.

But anyway.[/quote]

There are still debts that need to be paid and the kids and Katherine need to be taken care of. Michael knew that this would happen. Michael's music was meant to be shared with the world, not hidden away. Who cares if the media says it's rubbish. I like what I like and don't care what the media says. The album will do well regardless because everyone is going to buy it.

privacy

Ok, I'm not up to date on the whole money situation so thankyou for explaining :)

Yes everyone will buy it because hey, it's Michael. I don't care what the media says, I'm just sick of hearing the same old trash. I'd really like it to just all be left alone instead of hearing the same old pathetic insults everytime 'Michael' releases something.

Having said that, of course I would buy new material. I'm just not comfortable with the whole thing.

OneMoreChance

[quote name="privacy"]Ok, I'm not up to date on the whole money situation so thankyou for explaining :)

Yes everyone will buy it because hey, it's Michael. I don't care what the media says, I'm just sick of hearing the same old trash. I'd really like it to just all be left alone instead of hearing the same old pathetic insults everytime 'Michael' releases something.

Having said that, of course I would buy new material. I'm just not comfortable with the whole thing.[/quote]

It's hard to feel completely comfortable with it. It's a Michael Jackson album with no actual Michael to back it up. :pacify

Cristine87

I'mma be honest and say I agree with Will I Am to an extent. The estate has made millions of dollars and Katherine and the kids will be taken care of for the rest of their lives on what the estate has already made. My issue here is that had Michael wanted those songs released, he would've released them himself. It's the same thing that made me uneasy about This Is It. It was rehearsal footage and not Michael at his best. Ever since that man died, people have been running around trying to make a quick buck off of him since now he's a hot commodity. People sh*tted on him to no end when he was still on this earth with us, they showed no empathy or understanding, and now that he's dead, everybody wants a piece like vultures! This isn't being done to take care of his family, this is being done so everybody involved can make some good ass profits off the man. Call me cynical or harsh, but that's just how I see it! I just feel uneasy with the fact that until those kids are old enough to overlook their father's affairs and know what the hell is going on, some other greedy corporate drones are gonna be having a field day!

Teva

Michael Jackson still has huge debts that need to be paid and creditors are still lining up. I want the album to do well because I don't want the estate to have to sell the ATV catalog to clear the debts. As for the estate and sony making money that could work in MJ's favour. They are going to put the best outlook of Michael in the public because the more positive people see Michael the more money they make. I think they have done a very good job so far.

-Capt EO back at DisneyLand
-Video Game
-Cirque de Soleil
-This is it
-Sony $250,000,000.00 deal

That's all I can remember.

OneMoreChance

[quote name="Cristine87"]I'mma be honest and say I agree with Will I Am to an extent. The estate has made millions of dollars and Katherine and the kids will be taken care of for the rest of their lives on what the estate has already made. My issue here is that had Michael wanted those songs released, he would've released them himself. It's the same thing that made me uneasy about This Is It. It was rehearsal footage and not Michael at his best. Ever since that man died, people have been running around trying to make a quick buck off of him since now he's a hot commodity. People sh*tted on him to no end when he was still on this earth with us, they showed no empathy or understanding, and now that he's dead, everybody wants a piece like vultures! This isn't being done to take care of his family, this is being done so everybody involved can make some good ass profits off the man. Call me cynical or harsh, but that's just how I see it! I just feel uneasy with the fact that until those kids are old enough to overlook their father's affairs and know what the hell is going on, some other greedy corporate drones are gonna be having a field day![/quote]

I wish it was someone other then Sony making buckets of money off of Michael. Unfortunately, I have no say in that. That being said, from what I know they are still paying off debts and fighting lawsuits.

Let's not forget Michael has released songs that didn't make it onto other albums. "Carousel" was originally supposed to be on Thriller but got cut at the last minute for "Human Nature". Then it was released on the super deluxe edition of Thriller 25. Michael did at one point say that all of his unreleased songs were being kept for his children. Michael would want to make sure that his children would always be taken care of.

Again I wish it were anyone other then Sony that had won the bid for TII, but I think Michael would have wanted his fans to see it. At least to see the potential that the show had. That's just my opinion, none of else really knows what Michael would have wanted in this situation.

OneMoreChance

Just found this:

Michael Jackson New Material Set for Release

Earlier this spring, Michael Jackson’s estate inked a 7-year, 10 album deal with Sony BMG. The first release, due in November, features 10 previously unreleased songs from sessions spanning 3 decades–from the ‘80s, up to 2006. According to Jackson’s manager, Frank DiLeo, the pop legend left hard drives filled with over 100 songs, including tracks recorded for the multi platinum selling 1987 release, “Bad.” Other highlights include collaborations with Akon, Ne-Yo, and Black Eyed Peas front man, will.i.am
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/40346/

Another article I read said that these are all completed songs.

LittleSusie50

I agree with u guys, on both sides.
If they don't release it, I'm fine.
If they do release it, I'll be first in line.
I love and miss Michael.
It will be like he's back, since its music he never released before.
Minus the spectacular videos of course.
Peace :respect :whistling

[quote name="LittleSusie50"]I agree with u guys, on both sides.
If they don't release it, I'm fine.
If they do release it, I'll be first in line.
I love and miss Michael.
It will be like he's back, since its music he never released before.
Minus the spectacular videos of course.
Peace :respect :whistling[/quote]

You are always cool, your comments, LittleSusie... :bowdown :blush I miss him too... :(