Will Media Get Over Being Wrong about Jackson? — MB#320 Update2

sodium amytal

Gee, it almost seems like MJ fans whine about the media almost as much as the media talks about MJ.

You know they print that stuff just to annoy you guys, right? So, wouldn't talking about it just kinda...let them win?

*shrugs* I dunno, just saying...

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
sodium amytal;175678 said:
Gee, it almost seems like MJ fans whine about the media almost as much as the media talks about MJ.

You know they print that stuff just to annoy you guys, right? So, wouldn't talking about it just kinda...let them win?

*shrugs* I dunno, just saying...
Sorry you feel that way. Just as they make sure their voice is heard, I'm going to make sure mine is heard as well. This isn't about winning or losing. Leaving certain things unsaid and unrebutted may be fine for some, but not for me; especially on an issue like this. If you have a prob with that, then you can ignore threads like this one.

danaluvsmj

Right on Whisper!:8-26-03respect: I don't get why the press was so whiny saying his appearance was a disappointment. This is only the beginning! He hasn't even released his new album yet. What do they expect? They just don't want to admit that so many people still love him and admire him.

mysteriousone

danaluvsmj;175690 said:
Right on Whisper!:8-26-03respect: I don't get why the press was so whiny saying his appearance was a disappointment. This is only the beginning! He hasn't even released his new album yet. What do they expect? They just don't want to admit that so many people still love him and admire him.

EXACTLY, Dana! That's exactly what it is! They're actually all really envious of Michael and what he's done with his life! All he's achieved, the success he's had and is still having, they're all so jealous of him! The only way they can get attention is by writing SH!T about Michael, and all those who buy their stories are, well, just as pathetic! We all know, ENVY ATTRACTS ENEMIES! I'm way too happy for Michael right now to even bother about them really! I'm literally BURSTING with happiness! NOTHING they write or say can make me feel otherwise! :uh_uh: IDIOTS!!! lol

Mysti!

mysteriousone

Whisper, I want to know why you don't send your write-ups to a newspaper so they can publish them!! You are amazing too--you speak nothing but the TRUTH! We NEED more people like you out there! MICHAEL NEEDS YOU! Honestly, where I am we can send anything to a newspaper agency and it WILL be published...CAN'T you do that? :idontknow Better still, start your own newspaper agency! I reckon it'll be a success! :8-26-03respect:

Mysti!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Oh they all have sticks up their a$ses when it comes to Mike. They'd probably won't ever publish commentary that's really sticking it to their paid puppets...uh, I mean, "journalists". Their job is to side with the person they've hired. That's why the internet is so gigantic now. They can't control what information gets to people and what info does; or which commentary is read and which isn't.

mysteriousone

whisper;175694 said:
Oh they all have sticks up their a$ses when it comes to Mike. They'd probably won't ever publish commentary that's really sticking it to their paid puppets...uh, I mean, "journalists". Their job is to side with the person they've hired. That's why the internet is so gigantic now. They can't control what information gets to people and what info does; or which commentary is read and which isn't.

:lol@paid puppets! RIGHT ON!! :thumbsup

Gotta luv the internet then eh? Just as many people get to READ your commentaries as well! FANTASTIC!!! :D

Mysti!

Thanks for posting that. Really nice read.:D

For a very long time I've tried not to read negative articles written by some trashy "journalists" about Michael and I'm glad I had the discipline to maintain it that way. But this article just made me realize more that the media will say something negative whatever Michael says or do just to spite him.

Those ignorant fools doesn't know anything. Calling it a "freak show" is just plain wrong. They never gave Michael respect and probably never will.:mad:But who cares about these maggots? I don't. They're just fucking whining because the "freak" was not damned to hell like they wanted.B) He rose up and conquered and they're bitching about it.

I wouldn't really want to call it a comeback and IMO it's clear that Michael had not intended it to be that way. The media is just overhyping it just to give their preposterous comments that's almost suggesting Michael can't sing anymore.:rolleyes: Well if he can't sing no more then why is he gearing up for another album? I mean what kind of :bs is that?

Michael, himself, said he was not performing but just closed the show by joining the choir on stage and give his fans some love like he always does. What is so wrong about that?:confused: Are they that blind not to see how he caused pandemonium by just simply getting out of the car? Are they that stupid not to see that everybody including the other celebrities themselves were truly there just to see Michael? They were just as excited as the fans and couldn't help themselves expressing their admiration for him. It was all about Michael and they hate it. They hate his guts.

I hope they get the Karma for what they're doing to a man who have proved himself to the world over and over again. He's not about to back down and hide from the world anymore. No. He's strong and he wants to fight back. And the only message I can give to those "journalists" is: YOU CAN KISS MINE and MICHAEL JACKSON'S ASS.

sodium amytal

whisper;175688 said:
Sorry you feel that way. Just as they make sure their voice is heard, I'm going to make sure mine is heard as well. This isn't about winning or losing. Leaving certain things unsaid and unrebutted may be fine for some, but not for me; especially on an issue like this. If you have a prob with that, then you can ignore threads like this one.
The whole feeling I'm getting from these kinda things is "I don't care what the media has to say about MJ." Well, obviously you care, otherwise you wouldn't talk about it.

Honestly, these people are like schoolyard bullies. They write this stuff because they WANT these types of reactions from fans. If you just ignore it and don't give it any further press (meaning posting the articles or talking about them), the media will move on because they're not getting a reaction.

Do you guys honestly think Michael gives a f**k about what these people have to say about him or his career? He's already made the BEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME--as well as plenty of other acheivements, more than any other musical artist. He's probably laughing his ass off if he reads these articles that the press writes. He's dealt with negativity his entire life; he's not going to turn into a crybaby suck-ass pu$$y just because some media goon called him a "freakshow" and said he "couldn't come back into music." Michael, of all people, should be the one complaining about his media portrayal; he's a grown-ass man. He doesn't need people sticking up for him.

His fans will always be fans, and the people that don't like him aren't going to be swayed. Everyone will buy his new album anyway though, so it doesn't really matter. Why validate the negativity by discussing it? By talking about it and somehow promoting it, the media will realize that people--his own fans--are reading their crap, and they'll write even more about him, starting the cycle over again endlessly.

I'm not targeting you specifically with this. It just seems like fans are missing the whole point of why the negative articles are written.

HeavenSent

sodium amytal;175678 said:

They print it not only to annoy but to 'educate' the passive; Those who take them at their every word because it's easier not to challenge. They love gullible people. And I'm not just talking about the average Joe who picks up the entertainment section to get their fluff fix. I'm talking about those among us who call themselves savvy but yet believe the first thing they read, whether its from the headlines from hollywood or front page news.

NOT talking about it lets them 'win', if you look at it another way. Why should anyone yield to something they disagree with? Some people, fans included, need some electrolytes or something---They act like they're brain dead. They need to see the FLIP side the rhetoric because SOME fans don't know how to discern bullshit or read between the lines. I don't consider this commentary whining, Oh "waaaa, somebody said something bad about MJ". I see this as rebuttal and a chance for people to recognize the tactics that some use to create madness. What I saw and read this morning from the fans was incredible. "The media said this, the media said that."

Some fans need to cut the crap.
images.jpg

The 'journalists' do too. I don't care if they don't like Michael. Just call it like you see it instead inflating or deflating the facts as you see fit.

the media will move on because they're not getting a reaction.
Perhaps. But agreeing with them and NOT agreeing with him has never stopped some of them, EVER.

SpecialJanet25

Its comes with the territory when a big star like Michael face negativity from the press who cannot accept the goodness and achievements from a superstar. Some in the public love to hear the dirty gossip because that's what sells. Some fans need to be careful what they read and heard when the press start spreading stories when they don't have all the facts right.
Like Whisper said, these journalists are nothing but a bunch of suck up asses, who are in my judgment are full of s**t.

Loving that image, Carla! :lol :p

And RIGHT on, Whisper! :8-26-03respect: ESPECIALLY this part:

Do I have any doubts about Jackson’s so-called “comeback bid?” Nope. But the World Music Awards was never meant to be that “comeback bid”.

Exactly!

But, on the flipside, consider this..

Doesn't the very fact that even an event like an awards show (which is considered quite typical in the music industry) was being billed as a "comeback bid" speak volumes to how much people out there actually ARE awaiting that "comeback" with eager anticipation? No matter what these people say, they ARE looking out for him to "come back". They're freakin' THIRSTING for it and that shows in the way they hype stuff like this up in the first place!

Contrary to what I've seen being said today, Michael's people NEVER "promised" a performance of "Thriller" or anything of that sort. In fact, they made a point to go through Access Hollywood (which seems to be Michael's soundingboard as of late :D) and the like to "announce" the whole "We Are The World" thing. And let's face it--when Michael said on the red carpet that he would not be performing, that, in his eyes, was probably true! To him, "performances" are big scale stuff like the "HIStory" tour or MSG...not going on stage with a choir. :lol

Reports about him "recreating" Thriller on stage or whatever never came from his camp...it was all rumors and speculation. And if the fans who are "dissapointed" couldn't see that especially, after COUNTLESS such experiences with the press throughout all these years, that's THEIR fault and problem..not Michael's.

But I digress. :lol You said it all already, Whisper. :D And to be honest, I ain't even worried about what "journalists" like this say about it. They're all still eating their crow from June 13th, 2005..:p

Last night was a POSITIVE one for Michael and should, in turn, be for all of us. Let's enjoy it!! :D

Twittegirl

InspirationMoonwalks;175741 said:
Loving that image, Carla! :lol :p

And RIGHT on, Whisper! :8-26-03respect: ESPECIALLY this part:

Exactly!

But, on the flipside, consider this..

Doesn't the very fact that even an event like an awards show (which is considered quite typical in the music industry) was being billed as a "comeback bid" speak volumes to how much people out there actually ARE awaiting that "comeback" with eager anticipation? No matter what these people say, they ARE looking out for him to "come back". They're freakin' THIRSTING for it and that shows in the way they hype stuff like this up in the first place!

Contrary to what I've seen being said today, Michael's people NEVER "promised" a performance of "Thriller" or anything of that sort. In fact, they made a point to go through Access Hollywood (which seems to be Michael's soundingboard as of late :D) and the like to "announce" the whole "We Are The World" thing. And let's face it--when Michael said on the red carpet that he would not be performing, that, in his eyes, was probably true! To him, "performances" are big scale stuff like the "HIStory" tour or MSG...not g

oing on stage with a choir. :lol

Reports about him "recreating" Thriller on stage or whatever never came from his camp...it was all rumors and speculation. And if the fans who are "dissapointed" couldn't see that especially, after COUNTLESS such experiences with the press throughout all these years, that's THEIR fault and problem..not Michael's.

But I digress. :lol You said it all already, Whisper. :D And to be honest, I ain't even worried about what "journalists" like this say about it. They're all still eating their crow from June 13th, 2005..:p

Last night was a POSITIVE one for Michael and should, in turn, be for all of us.

Let's enjoy it!! :D

Amen to that:)

ctlover

I was thinking that, too. The whole thing was terribly overhyped by the press anyway. Even the likes of Madonna, Prince, or Springsteen never had to put up with any of that. (However, remember Madonna's latest "controversy" was adopting a baby - like THAT should be a scandal?! The press tortures some - the bigger the star, the bigger the target - I've heard a wise man once opine.......)

If anything though, it could be a good omen for MJ if the press is writing him off! Seriously. They're usually wrong about him when they're simply falling back on the "group think" method. It could make the real "comeback" that much sweeter in the end.

sodium amytal

HeavenSent;175719 said:
They print it not only to annoy but to 'educate' the passive; Those who take them at their every word because it's easier not to challenge. They love gullible people. And I'm not just talking about the average Joe who picks up the entertainment section to get their fluff fix. I'm talking about those among us who call themselves savvy but yet believe the first thing they read, whether its from the headlines from hollywood or front page news.
If those people are that stupid to believe whatever they hear from the media, why bother educating them? They'd probably be too stubborn to consider another viewpoint.

MJ fans should know not to take anything they hear about MJ seriously until they hear it confirmed from his camp.

NOT talking about it lets them 'win', if you look at it another way. Why should anyone yield to something they disagree with? Some people, fans included, need some electrolytes or something---They act like they're brain dead. They need to see the FLIP side the rhetoric because SOME fans don't know how to discern bullshit or read between the lines. I don't consider this commentary whining, Oh "waaaa, somebody said something bad about MJ". I see this as rebuttal and a chance for people to recognize the tactics that some use to create madness. What I saw and read this morning from the fans was incredible. "The media said this, the media said that."

Again, after all the media and outside sources have said about MJ, shouldn't fans know not to listen to anything said about him until it's confirmed by someone reliable in his camp?

The more press/advertisement (negative OR positive) something gets, the bigger audience it'll get. "Exposing the lies" (even if they ARE lies) will only give the press more exposure, which will lead to more people reading it, which leads to the journalists thinking "Hm, a lot of people are buying our stuff. They must like it." So they print more. The only effective way to stop something like that is to NOT buy their stuff, NOT read it and NOT talk about it.

ctlover;175787 said:

I was thinking that, too. The whole thing was terribly overhyped by the press anyway. Even the likes of Madonna, Prince, or Springsteen never had to put up with any of that. (However, remember Madonna's latest "controversy" was adopting a baby - like THAT should be a scandal?! The press tortures some - the bigger the star, the bigger the target - I've heard a wise man once opine.......)

If anything though, it could be a good omen for MJ if the press is writing him off! Seriously. They're usually wrong about him when they're simply falling back on the "group think" method. It could make the real "comeback" that much sweeter in the end.

True that.:D

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
sodium amytal;175716 said:
The whole feeling I'm getting from these kinda things is "I don't care what the media has to say about MJ." Well, obviously you care, otherwise you wouldn't talk about it.

Honestly, these people are like schoolyard bullies. They write this stuff because they WANT these types of reactions from fans. If you just ignore it and don't give it any further press (meaning posting the articles or talking about them), the media will move on because they're not getting a reaction.

Do you guys honestly think Michael gives a f**k about what these people have to say about him or his career? He's already made the BEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME--as well as plenty of other acheivements, more than any other musical artist. He's probably laughing his ass off if he reads these articles that the press writes. He's dealt with negativity his entire life; he's not going to turn into a crybaby suck-ass pu$$y just because some media goon called him a "freakshow" and said he "couldn't come back into music." Michael, of all people, should be the one complaining about his media portrayal; he's a grown-ass man. He doesn't need people sticking up for him.

His fans will always be fans, and the people that don't like him aren't going to be swayed. Everyone will buy his new album anyway though, so it doesn't really matter. Why validate the negativity by discussing it? By talking about it and somehow promoting it, the media will realize that people--his own fans--are reading their crap, and they'll write even more about him, starting the cycle over again endlessly.

I'm not targeting you specifically with this. It just seems like fans are missing the whole point of why the negative articles are written.
sodium a, you can care about the issue without particularly caring about the tone. There's a difference between caring about the issue (or the truth of the matter), and caring for the way in which it's expressed.

If someone lies about you or about a situation you know not to be true, sure you can go right ahead and ignore it based on how you feel the person is trying to get you to react. But not all of us are like that.

There are some things that I don't care to respond to. But there are certain issues which I will respond to regardless of whether or not I care about (or give credence to) the person who has written it.

You don't validate negativity by discussing it or else we would only be talking about positive things and there would be no sense of truth. Ignoring negativity, in a lot of ways, has helped to blur the lines between what's real and what's false when it comes to Mike's real world. Ignoring negativity and letting people go wild can cause problems as well.

What if we all ignored the negativity of the 2005 trial? What if MJJF ignored it and didn't care about it, and we didn't get access/reports about the coutroom transcripts?! We wouldn't know $hit! :lol We wouldn't know anythign about the way they tried to screw him over in court. Being able to say "oh hell naw. Let me tell you what really happened!" is always a good thing. :p But to do that, you sometimes have to get into the negativity.

I'll say it again. If you want to ignore negative articles like the ones I cited, then that's fine. Nobody's saying you have to respond. But for those of us who do, we do it mainly to correct the record and to demonstrate that we all are not as stupid as they apparently seem to think we are.

As Oprah found out the hard way with the James Frey debacle, the truth DOES matter. :8-26-03fruits_apple

Nice to see this has sparked a debate though. :cool:

Saphster

sodium amytal;175716 said:

I get what you're saying Mel.:8-26-03respect: