You favourite album and why

Saphster

Michael had so many great songs on the HIStory album. They Don't Care About Us is one of my favorite songs of all time! Stranger in Moscow, This Time Around, Earth song (i love the gospel choir around the end. Pumps me up so much), Childhood, 2 Bad, You are Not alone.

Juniorlady

Favorite album? Hmm, that's a toughie. Right now, I'm loving the Dangerous album. His upbeat songs really gets me going. "Can't Let Her Get Away" is the least famous song on the album, but I love it. The short film for BOW had to be the first one I clearly remember watching not knowing who this guy was; I was at least 5 or 6 years old when I saw it. WYBT has a gospel touch to it, and it was part of the soundtrack from the movie "Free Willy". "Whatever Happens" from the Invincible album has got to be one of my favorite songs; I can imagine him singing it onstage with Carlos Santana playing his guitar. I got a whole lot of favorites. ^_^

Teva

[quote name="Saphster"]Michael had so many great songs on the HIStory album. They Don't Care About Us is one of my favorite songs of all time! Stranger in Moscow, This Time Around, Earth song (i love the gospel choir around the end. Pumps me up so much), Childhood, 2 Bad, You are Not alone.[/quote]

I don't know why, but I never liked You Are Not Alone. I don't know if it had anything to do with LMP's presence, or what, but it never grew on me.

Saphster

[quote name="Teva"]I don't know why, but I never liked You Are Not Alone. I don't know if it had anything to do with LMP's presence, or what, but it never grew on me.[/quote]
I think LMP ruined it for a lot of us. :-X

Cristine87

[quote name="Saphster"]
[quote name="Teva"]I don't know why, but I never liked You Are Not Alone. I don't know if it had anything to do with LMP's presence, or what, but it never grew on me.[/quote]
I think LMP ruined it for a lot of us. :-X[/quote]
:hilarious

Teva

[quote name="Saphster"]
I think LMP ruined it for a lot of us. :-X[/quote]

:rollin I thought I was the only one.

My biggest problem is understanding some of MJ's lyrics. Is it that he was trying to relay some suggestive meaning, or was he just telling a story? For example does anyone know what Smooth Criminal is about? Is it about Joe?

As He Came Into The Window
It Was The Sound Of A Crescendo
He Came Into Her Apartment
He Left The Bloodstains On The Carpet
She Ran Underneath The Table
He Could See She Was Unable
So She Ran Into The Bedroom
She Was Struck Down, It Was Her Doom

Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You OK
Are You OK, Annie
Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You OK?
Are You OK, Annie?
Annie Are You OK?
So, Annie Are You Ok, Are You Ok, Annie?

(Annie Are You OK?)
(Will You Tell Us That You're OK?)
(There's A Sign In The Window)
(That He Struck You - A Crescendo Annie)
(He Came Into Your Apartment)
(He Left The Bloodstains On The Carpet)
(Then You Ran Into The Bedroom)
(You Were Struck Down)
(It Was Your Doom) ....

......So They Came Into The Outway
It Was Sunday - What A Black Day
Mouth To Mouth Resusitation
Sounding Heartbeats - Intimidations....

...So, Annie Are You OK
Are You OK Annie? .....

.....Okay, I Want Everybody To Clear The Area Right Now!

Chorus

Saphster

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]Whenever I watch YANA I always put my hand up to block my view of LMP.[/quote]
I use to do that! lol

I've always thought of Smooth Criminal aas a story about...Jack the riper or something around that area. Murder, suspense, drama. Just a murder story with an edge. :cool:

Teva

[quote name="Saphster"]I've always thought of Smooth Criminal aas a story about...Jack the riper or something around that area. Murder, suspense, drama. Just a murder story with an edge. [/quote]

Thanks Saph! Does anyone think You Rock My World was a spin off of Smooth Criminal? The videos are similar.

Another favourite song of mine is Remember The Time. It was only after his death when I bought Michael Jackson's Video Greatest Hits that I realize what I saw on Youtube, or television was only a tip of the iceberg. These music videos, or short films as MJ called them had so much more content. I was completely blown away by Remember The Time. I love that song. Dangerous is very much a favourite album of mine also. It is so difficult to really pick a favourite. I must say I am excited to hear his classical compositions.

Teva

Tonight for the first time in a long while I am going to watch my DVD of MJ's greatest hits, and listen to him sing again.

Cristine87

[quote name="Teva"]
Another favourite song of mine is Remember The Time. It was only after his death when I bought Michael Jackson's Video Greatest Hits that I realize what I saw on Youtube, or television was only a tip of the iceberg. These music videos, or short films as MJ called them had so much more content. I was completely blown away by Remember The Time. I love that song. Dangerous is very much a favourite album of mine also. It is so difficult to really pick a favourite. I must say I am excited to hear his classical compositions.[/quote]
Remember the Time is my all-time favorite MJ video. He was smoking hot and that little look he gave Iman in the beginning when he first appears is panty-dropping sexy. That whole video is just mystical and colorful. That dance scene at the end was one of the greatest ever. I like Thriller and everything but am I the only one who feels it's a little played out? I just get sick of people acting that was the only thing he ever did. That was just the beginning!

Teva

Thriller doesn't feel played out to me because I kinda missed the whole Thiller scene, so I am discovering it or re-discovering it. I am liking all the pre-Bad music. Christina I have to agree with you all Remember The Time was tight. Here is my ranking for favourite music videos and why:

1. Remember the Time/ Smooth Criminal- I can't decide.
2. Dirty Diana- Pure sex appeal, MJ looked eatable.
3.Ghost- The storyline, the dancing, the cinematography, I could go on.
4. Thriller- The concept, the red jacket, the whole video is iconic.
5, Earth Song- It was done with emotion.

Saphster

[quote name="Teva"]2. Dirty Diana- Pure sex appeal, MJ looked eatable.[/quote]
:hilarious Eatable.

I was still just a baby when I first saw the Bad Era films. I just thought he was the coolest guy on earth. He was my hero. I would stare at the screen with my mouth wide open. Watching Michael on TV is like my earliest childhood memory. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time. Before anything stupid happened.

Hey Teva you became a fan after his death right?

Cristine87

[quote name="Teva"].
5, Earth Song- It was done with emotion.[/quote]
That video came out when I was like 8 or 9 and I used to want to pee myself whenever it came on. The whole apartment could've been on fire and I would not have moved from that tv. Even in ragged clothes and messy hair, he looked out of this world sexy. That man made my childhood a joy!

Teva

[quote name="Saphster"]
[quote name="Teva"]2. Dirty Diana- Pure sex appeal, MJ looked eatable.[/quote]
:hilarious Eatable.

I was still just a baby when I first saw the Bad Era films. I just thought he was the coolest guy on earth. He was my hero. I would stare at the screen with my mouth wide open. Watching Michael on TV is like my earliest childhood memory. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time. Before anything stupid happened.

Hey Teva you became a fan after his death right?[/quote]

Yes, kinda. I was someone who liked his music, but I was not a fan.

Teva

[quote name="Cristine87"]
[quote name="Teva"].
5, Earth Song- It was done with emotion.[/quote]
That video came out when I was like 8 or 9 and I used to want to pee myself whenever it came on. The whole apartment could've been on fire and I would not have moved from that tv. Even in ragged clothes and messy hair, he looked out of this world sexy. That man made my childhood a joy![/quote]

Tell me about it. Whenever I heard the the first note I would run and sit in front of the tv, and start to sing. I did not understand a word he was saying, but I was singing to the top of my lungs making up my own lyrics. I did not see that video in years, it was only after he **** I went on Youtube to look for it, and it brought back a flood of memories, and I remembered who and what was Michael Jackson. I had forgotten.

Sammy Sam

At one time Off the Wall was my favorite album, then Bad was, and Dangerouse was as well. But I have been thinking that History is my favorite album because I thought it was his realest. He put all his feelings out there. It really let you know what MJ was thinking about and the type of person he was. That album I think was his most personal.I mean Scream, Tabloid Junkie, Money, Earth Song, Childhood....he was giving you a lot of insite on that album. I just love it.

armcjackson

Oh gee. Hmph. My favourite song is definitely "Jam", and honestly I don't really know why. I'm really into the beats of that song. As for my favourite album, it's Invincible, Dangerous and HIStory. <3 I love all the songs on Invincible, especially "Heaven Can Wait". I find the entire Dangerous album, dangerously sexy. ;) HIStory has so much emotion, and realness <3 It's amazing.