Your Opinion on Katherine Jackson

Teva

I want to get your opinion on something. How do you feel about the Jackson family involving the kids in the following:

1. 1. Joint prosecutors in a civil suit against AEG
  2. 2. Disputing that their father is not singing some of the tracks on the new album.
  3. 3. Interviewing with Oprah Winfrey

My personal opinion is, it is fine that Katherine wants to go down this path, but I don't like it that she is involving the children. This has little and yet so much to do with the fact that they are MJ's kids. Any child that has lost a parent under the circumstances that they have I would try to keep out of the spotlight. The fact that they are Michael Jackson's kids only compounds the problem, Michael and the media are not BFFs. Involving these children in a civil case just blows my mind; I think back to when Michael was on trial, and he didn't even allow his own defense lawyer to video tape the kids' rooms for the Nimmer tape. It seems to me as though the family involves the children to add validation to greviences they have with the estate and AEG. While on the point of the estate, I think they are doing a wonderful job preserving Michael's lagacy and paying Mj's debts, and dismembering frivolous lawsuits.

I know what some people are going to say, Katherine is their Grandmother and she knows what is best. However, it is just my opinion that it is so unneccessary.

MJfan01'

1. I don't like that they included the kids in the civil suit.
2. I honestly don't even believe that story is true.
3. I find it disturbing that any of them would want the children to be interviewed by someone who believes their father was a child molestor. I'm sure whatever they say will only humanize Michael. People tend to forget that Michael was a father to three. Their appearance on Oprah will only increase interest in them. If the Jackson family really wanted them out the spotlight then they wouldn't have them do interviews. With that said I'm sure the kids wanted to say something about their father.

I think Katherine is doing what she feels is right. I don't agree with some of her actions but Jr., Paris, and Prince II are where they need to be.

OneMoreChance

I knew that the children would want to speak publicly about their father at some point in time. As long as it remains their choice and they are not being pressured to do it then I'm fine with it. I wish they picked someone other then Oprah, but again I think that decision was based on Oprah's fan base. Are you questioning the fact that the children are named in the suit or are you questioning that they (most likely Prince) may have to testify? As for them being named in the suit....well, why shouldn't they be? It's their father that passed. They are the ones that have suffered the most. I think there may be a fear that Murray's criminal trial will result in a not guilty verdict and that this would then be their only course for any type of justice.

Everyone does things that I don't always agree with. I do think that Katerine has the right idea about exposing the kids to the media. No matter how much those kids are sheltered eventually they will be adults and have to deal with the media. Better to help them develop the skills to deal with it now. She's letting the be exposed in a controlled situation.

Michael loved his mother immensely and we just have to trust that she had their best interests at heart.

armcjackson

OneMoreChance said:
I knew that the children would want to speak publicly about their father at some point in time. As long as it remains their choice and they are not being pressured to do it then I'm fine with it. I wish they picked someone other then Oprah, but again I think that decision was based on Oprah's fan base. Are you questioning the fact that the children are named in the suit or are you questioning that they (most likely Prince) may have to testify? As for them being named in the suit....well, why shouldn't they be? It's their father that passed. They are the ones that have suffered the most. I think there may be a fear that Murray's criminal trial will result in a not guilty verdict and that this would then be their only course for any type of justice.

Everyone does things that I don't always agree with. I do think that Katerine has the right idea about exposing the kids to the media. No matter how much those kids are sheltered eventually they will be adults and have to deal with the media. Better to help them develop the skills to deal with it now. She's letting the be exposed in a controlled situation.

Michael loved his mother immensely and we just have to trust that she had their best interests at heart.

I agree basically. I'm never happy when the kids speak out publicly (like at the Grammys for example, and honestly I cried more when they spoke at that then his public memorial), but they will be grow up and they'll want their own lives you know.

Teva

Are you questioning the fact that the children are named in the suit or are you questioning that they (most likely Prince) may have to testify? As for them being named in the suit....well, why shouldn't they be? It's their father that passed. They are the ones that have suffered the most.

I am not questioning the criminal trial, but the civil. Unfortunately Price has to testify he was in the room when his father died, he is a witness and he should testify against Murray it may bring him some closure. With regards to the civil the kids don't have to be named. A civil suit is by choice and all named parties must take the stand. I can understand Katherine bringing a civil suit against Murray (she should), but things are murky with me against AEG. I cannot fathom how AEG could have forced Michael to take propofol when he was using it before he became involved with them, or how they could have hand picked Murray as his doctor when Michael knew Murray before he became involve with AEG too. I absolutely agree that Katherine is only doing what she believes in heart is right, but my point is is it neccessary to involve a 13,12, & 9 year old whose father died unexepected in these kinds of legal matters. I do not believe so, she can move forward with these things on her own.

I do not agree that they have to be exposed to the media at all. They are never going to be your average kids because of who their family is, let them make that decision to speak to the media when they are of legal age. Right now they are famous for being famous not by occupation. They are not child stars like Culkin, Sheilds, or Bieber, they are famous by parentage, so interviews are by choice and not by job. Let's be honest the media is only interested in them for the side show, they want to know about their father, Klien, Rowe, Fiddes, Lester etc etc etc. If these kids choose a showbiz life they will have plenty of help navigating the media, they are Jacksons, and they are already accustomed to the paparazzi. Like I said before it is not just that they are Michael's children, I would say the same for young Lisa Marie Presley, or Suri Cruise.

OneMoreChance

Teva said:
I am not questioning the criminal trial, but the civil. Unfortunately Price has to testify he was in the room when his father died, he is a witness and he should testify against Murray it may bring him some closure. With regards to the civil the kids don't have to be named. A civil suit is by choice and all named parties must take the stand. I can understand Katherine bringing a civil suit against Murray (she should), but things are murky with me against AEG. I cannot fathom how AEG could have forced Michael to take propofol when he was using it before he became involved with them, or how they could have hand picked Murray as his doctor when Michael knew Murray before he became involve with AEG too. I absolutely agree that Katherine is only doing what she believes in heart is right, but my point is is it neccessary to involve a 13,12, & 9 year old whose father died unexepected in these kinds of legal matters. I do not believe so, she can move forward with these things on her own.

I do not agree that they have to be exposed to the media at all. They are never going to be your average kids because of who their family is, let them make that decision to speak to the media when they are of legal age. Right now they are famous for being famous not by occupation. They are not child stars like Culkin, Sheilds, or Bieber, they are famous by parentage, so interviews are by choice and not by job. Let's be honest the media is only interested in them for the side show, they want to know about their father, Klien, Rowe, Fiddes, Lester etc etc etc. If these kids choose a showbiz life they will have plenty of help navigating the media, they are Jacksons, and they are already accustomed to the paparazzi. Like I said before it is not just that they are Michael's children, I would say the same for young Lisa Marie Presley, or Suri Cruise.

Regardless of why the media is interested in them. The fact is that they will be hounded by the media especially when the are of age and out on their own. Better to let them learn about how to handle it in a controlled way. Sheltering them from everything is not the right way to go about it. Prince and Paris especially are old enough to make the decision on whether they want to speak to the media or not. They have probably been dying to let the world know about the Michael that was their father. Aside from the fact that it's Oprah I don't see what the big deal is.

As far as the legal matters go. Again I have to say that Prince and Paris are old enough to be included and probably want to do whatever they can to make sure that Murray gets Justice.

And AEG is evil IMO. Have you read Leonard Rowe's book? He goes into detail about the contract between Michael and AEG. It shows how tight of a hold they had on Michael. They knew what was going on and at best ignored it or at worst encouraged it.

Teva

I am calling a truce, we are going to have to agree to disagree on the kids. IMO 13 & 12 year olds are not old enough to be making decisions about talking to the media. When I was 12 I wanted to talk to the media too, I wanted to be on television too, I was once in the local papers and I cut that picture out and saved it to this day. As a kid seeing yourself on tv and being interviewed is exciting. What kid wouldn't want to be on tv, I get that, but should they be. Katherine probably wants to show the world that the kids are normal and not weird, and Michael raised them well; I get that too.

LittleSusie50

Katharine breaks my heart. Simple as that.
Before we knew who Michael was, he was her son, her child, her baby.
All I think about when I see her is that she lost her child.
She looks so sad.
I don't care if she wants to talk to Oprah, just because
I don't agree does not make her a bad person, IMO.
I guess she will do whatever she needs to do to get through this.
God bless Katharine, Prince, Paris and Blanket.
I can only imagine what they must go through every day.
Peace,
Susie

OneMoreChance

Teva said:
I am calling a truce, we are going to have to agree to disagree on the kids. IMO 13 & 12 year olds are not old enough to be making decisions about talking to the media. When I was 12 I wanted to talk to the media too, I wanted to be on television too, I was once in the local papers and I cut that picture out and saved it to this day. As a kid seeing yourself on tv and being interviewed is exciting. What kid wouldn't want to be on tv, I get that, but should they be. Katherine probably wants to show the world that the kids are normal and not weird, and Michael raised them well; I get that too.

Ok, truce, but I do have to say this. The kids have not been trolled around to everyone giving interviews. This is one interview and then you probably won't see another one for a good long while. They're not being flashed around so the media can take pictures.