BAD NEWS - TV SHOW ABOUT MICHAEL AIRED IN THE UK TONIGHT

JANIE

Hi All
Those of you who know me know that I pop in and out of MJEOL regularly. Tonight I am popping in, and I'm afraid I'm not as happy to be here as I usually am.

I have looked over the forum, really expecting the reason for my visit to have already been reported here on MJEOL, but I've been unable to find anything, and so with regret I have to tell you that I have some bad news.

Tonight a programme was aired on our Channel 4. The show was called, "Michael Jackson - What Really Happened." Below is a link detailing the show.

http://forums.digiguide.com/topic.asp?id=22305

Of all the programmes I have ever seen on Michael, this has to be the worst. I am so angry about this show that I am actually shaking as I write this. Starring in the show and giving accounts about Michael were Bob Jones, Di Diamond, Randy Tabiorelli, and Tom Mesereau. There were other accounts too, in particular one from a guy who claimed he was so afraid of repercussions from Michael's entourage that he insisted he meet the reporter in a car park in LA.

These are some of the claims the show made:

1. Michael's popular image pre-1992 is fabricated and constructed entirely by himself. He created the persona of a childlike individual that won the hearts of the world, but in reality Michael is a media-hungry, headline grabbing, attention seeking monster.

2. Michael's personality changed dramatically after his friendship with Jordan Chandler. During the friendship, he moved into the Chandler household for a month. During this time he slept in Jordans room, he acted as Nanny whilst the Chandlers were at work. He did all Jordans laundry, made Jordans bed, cooked all Jordans meals, and helped Jordan with his homework. Jordans father discovered Michael "spooning" Jordan one night in Jordans bed. After Jordans father discovered Michael's relationship with Jordan, Michael promised his father 3 movie deals, provided he was allowed to continue his relationship with Jordan.

3. Bob Jones said he worked for Michael of 17 years, he was fired, he was given no severance and had to sue Michael for holiday pay.

4. Bob Jones said of the MTV Monte Carlo Awards appearance with Jordy:
That he expressed to Michael at the Monte Carlo MTV Awards that Michael shouldn't have Jordan sat on his lap. He said Michael's behaviour that night made people very uncomfortable. He said Michael profusely used the nickname "Rubber" for Jordan, and was bouncing Jordan on his lap at the MTV awards, whilst sat next to Prince Albert of Monaco, chanting "Rubber Rubber Rubber." He said that during the MTV awards weekend, Michael and Jordan were holed up in Michaels room and nobody was allowed to come in. He said they claimed they had the flu. When questioned about what was going on in the room, he said that "He didnt know."

5. Di Diamond said that Michael was thrown out of the MGM Mirage because he trashed a suite. She said that when the cleaning staff went in, they found total desolation and 30,000 dollars worth of damage (I think). She said that there were cigarette burns in the carpet and in leather furniture, and that a message was written in human faeces on the bedlinen. The show suggested that it was this event that prompted La Toya to speak out about Michael's true relationship with children.

5. Randy Tabiorelli (sp?) said that Michael fell apart during the trial, and that one day he looked like he had spent the night sitting on a dusty shelf. He said that Michael smelt bad when he walked past him. He said "The smell was like death."

6. Di Diamond said that Michael created Neverland purposely to bring the children to him, "like flies to flypaper". She said that when the police went into Neverland for the 1992-1993 allegation search, they found a secret bedroom hidden behind the other rooms. The show claimed that prior to the search, a chauffeur had removed from Michaels house a box of documents and papers, and that Michael had been tipped off about the search by a source in the LAPD.

7. Bob Jones said that Michael had his bedrooms fitted with "Noisemakers" (i think he was referring to both Michaels bedrooom at Neverland and also the hotels) so that there were sensors in the hallway and he would be alerted to anyone approaching the bedroom.

8. Tom Mesereau was shown briefly. He said nothing damning about Michael, only that it was clear to him that there were major holes in Sneddons case. (To be honest, I am very surprised that he agreed to take part in the show at all.)

9. The show claimed that after the "Jordan pay-off" Michael's personality was twisted to the point where "he decided to show the world nobody could touch him and he could get away with it". They showed numerous clips of Michael surrounded by kids, visiting hospitals etc etc, and said it was all done to show the world, "I can do what I want and you can't touch me." It also claimed that this was the reason Michael built huge statues of himself, and insisted he had a "christlike glow" spotlight trained on himself during shows, where he would stand "crucified on stage."

10. Perhaps the worst claim of all - that Jordan's description of "markings caused by vitiligo" on Michael's genitali "matched." (This bit had me screaming at the tv.)

There was so much more, Im sure I've missed alot of it. I have never seen such a twisted, cynical programme on Michael.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Anything with Bob Jones and Diane Dimond in it is a hackneyed piece of trash...much like Jones and Dimond.

It's a false piece of $hit and I recommend people and fans in the UK to call, write in and email their displeasure.

This is from Channel 4's website (make sure this is the same company)

Phone: 0845 076 0191 (lo-call number)

We’re open from 9am — 9pm Monday to Friday and from 10am — 7pm on weekends and public holidays

or you can write to:

Channel 4 Enquiries
PO Box 1058
Belfast
BT1 9DU

OR Submit your views through their web form:

WEB FORM: Channel 4

mysteriousone

Hello Janie...........despite this show you've just seen, I hope you're doing well!

It boggles my mind as to how the f*** these people can get away with the stuff they're saying, especially since it was proven to be ALL LIES at the trial in 2005! Why have a show like this airing now? Michael is well and truly on top of the world again and they feel the need to try bring him down! The Magazine has just been released, in most countries anyway, and Michael has said there are good things coming..............next, there's a show airing bringing up all that sh*t again--go figure!! :rolleyes:

Like you, I'm surprised T-Mez took part in this show! I'm guessing he didn't really know what he was in for! Liken it to what happened to Michael in LWMJ! :8-26-03ranting:

Arghhhh........so glad we didn't have that show airing here! It was bad enough reading your post!

Anyway, thanks for dropping in, Janie.............don't be a stranger alright?

Take extra care!
Mysti!

JANIE

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?MJdocc4

There is a petition here, I'd recommend everyone sign it - it can't hurt!

And the official complaints website is here...

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/

It really was the most awful programme about Michael. Over at Mjnewsonline there is a whole thread full of angry british fans going nuts about it, and some are arguing that if you're a fan you shouldn't watch something you know is going to be negative. It's a fair point - but my argument for watching is that it's a programme about Michael, and I wanted to know what was being said. And now that I do know what they've said, I can complain!!

danaluvsmj

My God, I have never heard of such disgusting accusations than in this TV show. It just makes me angry and flustered just hearing about it.I hope it never airs here in the US.

trenny

I think this is all happening because they see all these good things going on with Michael (the album,the magazine shoots,thriller 25) that they want to TRY to keep him down! I pray that Michael's people take some kind of legal action.:eek:hnoyoudidnt

mysteriousone

trenny;198106 said:
I think this is all happening because they see all these good things going on with Michael (the album,the magazine shoots,thriller 25) that they want to TRY to keep him down! I pray that Michael's people take some kind of legal action.:eek:hnoyoudidnt
That's exactly what I said in my previous post, Trenny! :thumbsup The timing, just look at the timing of this show, sheesh.......:rolleyes:

Mysti!

I've pretty much taken this point by point..LOL. My comments are in bold:

There were other accounts too, in particular one from a guy who claimed he was so afraid of repercussions from Michael's entourage that he insisted he meet the reporter in a car park in LA.

:lol Probably just afraid he'd get sued if he revealed his identity!..:rolleyes:

These are some of the claims the show made:

1. Michael's popular image pre-1992 is fabricated and constructed entirely by himself. He created the persona of a childlike individual that won the hearts of the world, but in reality Michael is a media-hungry, headline grabbing, attention seeking monster.

Well, considering the fact that half of his charitable works and the things that would 'win the hearts of the world' hardly ever get reported by the mainstream press, I don't think this applies. I just love how they have this sort of Jeckyll and Hyde vision of him..that he either has to be Peter Pan or some diabolically opposite extreme 24/7 and that he can't be *gasp!* a three dimensional PERSON, like everybody else! :lol It's just...annoying.

2. Michael's personality changed dramatically after his friendship with Jordan Chandler. During the friendship, he moved into the Chandler household for a month. During this time he slept in Jordans room, he acted as Nanny whilst the Chandlers were at work. He did all Jordans laundry, made Jordans bed, cooked all Jordans meals, and helped Jordan with his homework. Jordans father discovered Michael "spooning" Jordan one night in Jordans bed. After Jordans father discovered Michael's relationship with Jordan, Michael promised his father 3 movie deals, provided he was allowed to continue his relationship with Jordan.

So first, his personality was fabricated all along..then the CHANDLERS changed it? :lol And how would Michael have had the TIME to be a full time 'nanny' (LOL) to Jordan, for an entire MONTH, considering that 'Dangerous' was HUGE at the time, he was either on or prepping for a major world tour, etc, etc.....never mind the fact that it was Jordan's dad who kept pushing the movie scripts in Michael's face. I just love how they always turn this stuff around on him...*sighs*

3. Bob Jones said he worked for Michael of 17 years, he was fired, he was given no severance and had to sue Michael for holiday pay.

*yawn..* And judging from his most recent behavior, I think Jones KNOWS why he was 'fired'...

4. Bob Jones said of the MTV Monte Carlo Awards appearance with Jordy:
That he expressed to Michael at the Monte Carlo MTV Awards that Michael shouldn't have Jordan sat on his lap. He said Michael's behaviour that night made people very uncomfortable. He said Michael profusely used the nickname "Rubber" for Jordan, and was bouncing Jordan on his lap at the MTV awards, whilst sat next to Prince Albert of Monaco, chanting "Rubber Rubber Rubber." He said that during the MTV awards weekend, Michael and Jordan were holed up in Michaels room and nobody was allowed to come in. He said they claimed they had the flu. When questioned about what was going on in the room, he said that "He didnt know."

Okay, so he saw all this 'suspicious' stuff, yet never bothered to contact anyone, nevermind the authorities; he just waits until it's already out, all over the place years later..and tells the press. So even if he believed it to be true, wouldn't that kind of be enabling on his part? Typical bitter ex-employee who was all in Michael's corner when he was aboard, but isn't now and pissed that he's off the team. So typical.. *yawns again*

5. Di Diamond said that Michael was thrown out of the MGM Mirage because he trashed a suite. She said that when the cleaning staff went in, they found total desolation and 30,000 dollars worth of damage (I think). She said that there were cigarette burns in the carpet and in leather furniture, and that a message was written in human faeces on the bedlinen. The show suggested that it was this event that prompted La Toya to speak out about Michael's true relationship with children.

Old, regurgitated rumor, I think from that trashy 90's book by that one Christopher Anderson guy..*yawns again*

5. Randy Tabiorelli (sp?) said that Michael fell apart during the trial, and that one day he looked like he had spent the night sitting on a dusty shelf. He said that Michael smelt bad when he walked past him. He said "The smell was like death."

Funny, I was there, too during that time, but didn't 'smell' anything like that. Must've had a clothes pin in my nose or something! He smelt fine to me!:lol :rolleyes:

6. Di Diamond said that Michael created Neverland purposely to bring the children to him, "like flies to flypaper". She said that when the police went into Neverland for the 1992-1993 allegation search, they found a secret bedroom hidden behind the other rooms. The show claimed that prior to the search, a chauffeur had removed from Michaels house a box of documents and papers, and that Michael had been tipped off about the search by a source in the LAPD.

Uh..Michael was on tour in Asia at the time..:lol But even so, that excuse just seems so convienient...oh let's see, we don't actually HAVE the 'evidence' to show in court, so we make up this excuse instead. Kind of like during the trial, where the prosecution tried to say Michael had Gavin throw out the urine sample....ALWAYS an elaborate excuse..:rolleyes: Nevermind that most of the children, the people who went to Neverland WANTED to go there, I mean, it's not like Michael had to go out and BEG people to come...everyone who went, myself included, didn't want to LEAVE! LOL :lol So this notion that he somehow set out to entrap anyone with it is just..ludicrous. But we've come to expect nothing less from these people, right? Psh..

7. Bob Jones said that Michael had his bedrooms fitted with "Noisemakers" (i think he was referring to both Michaels bedrooom at Neverland and also the hotels) so that there were sensors in the hallway and he would be alerted to anyone approaching the bedroom.

*Yawn..*

I could go on and on..LOL. But basically, this appears to be yet another cheap ass regurgitation of a bunch of old, tabliod trash. Was this made just recently? Pretty pathetic that they're not only bringing this all up again 2 years later, not to reveal anything exclusive or revealing but a bunch of innuendo, mostly dating back to the first allegations (shows you the confidence they had in the '05 case, huh? :rolleyes: ) Not surprising that Diane Dimond was behind it...that woman literally HAS to bring Michael into everything she does, even when she's on TV panels, discussing stuff like the whole thing with Paris Hilton over the summer, she just HAS to mention him...the woman can't help herself! :lol This is all so transparent, it's pathetic. And I feel you, Janie..I know all too well how upsetting it can be, to see trash like this about someone who soo doesn't deserve it. But we've got to keep in mind the context of it..which is a desperate attempt for airtime (and may I add..money) from people who tried to make a cottage industry off of destroying him...but failed. Miserably. We know what they are up to, they lost two years ago and are STILL pissed, so they want to try to put a stigma on him, like OJ. But nothing they can do or say now can or will ever change the outcome. I hope the program got low ratings and that it never airs here, either! Blah..:glare:

senecajackson

trenny;198106 said:

u said it better than i could, and that is exactly what it is. the media has some kind of conspirecy against michael its crazy. and janie u shouldnt pay any attention to the show its all a part of the medias game to make michael look like a "freak". its a game. and u know what...michael can play it even better~:eek:hnoyoudidnt

SpecialJanet25

We all know this is nothing but ratings chasing trash show to portray Michael in a negative way. The press always wants to get bad side to get ratings. Its a shame that these assholes, Dimond, Jones, that so called Jackson biographer doing this is gain publicty for themselves and try to bring down Michael.

Romimj

Ok, i'vent been on the computer 4 a while, and i'm in the US so i have no IDEA Whats going on!!! What happned on Channel 4 UK????? EVEry MJ forum i went to says they r disgusted by it!!! Can some one tell me whats going on... Thnx sooo much!!!:)

LovelyOne

Makes you think doesnt it. Yeah, that this is the most shity peice of bull crap I have ever laid eyes on in my life. Not only that, these people hate Michael's guts, so why do it. Michael said in his moonwalk book that the media goes nuts(negatively) whenever he's about to come out with something big, so I guess this is expected but THIS? It's a shame. A damn shame.:8-26-03ranting:

Shannon

I signed the petition.

Can't say this comes as a shock though, but yes, I am indeed angry of how they portray him. All this negativity... it's just typical they're trying to bring him down now when he is planning something big. The timing isn't random, just like Mysti and several others have already pointed out.

Shannon;198137 said:
I signed the petition.

Can't say this comes as a shock though, but yes, I am indeed angry of how they portray him. All this negativity... it's just typical they're trying to bring him down now when he is planning something big. The timing isn't random, just like Mysti and several others have already pointed out.

Exactly. These vultures are ALWAYS doing this, even down to the damn day of the raid on Neverland and the allegations. I'm just happy that now, in the wake of the vindication, they are reduced to doing third rate shows like this instead..:lol :rolleyes:

Idiots.

Ben

I sent my compliant to Ofcom a couple of hours after the crappy program aired.

I watched this program on video and expected to to be full of lies and half truths, but what surprised me the most was that it was very BORING !!! ...... and I had found myself fast forwarding many parts of it because it was that boring, tell the public so called exclusive information what many fans have known to be lies for years.

This program was billed as Michael Jackson: What Really Happen, as in what he's been up to since the trial in 2005. What we the public got was mainly a badly researched program mainly focusing on the false allegations of 1993, and those those are allegations Michael wasn't even charged for.

As a Michael Jackson fan, I found the fact the journalist of the program claiming to be a life long Michael Jackson fan insulting. In the program he said he had no idea Michael about the 30th Anniversary concerts Michael did at MSG in 2001. Every fan both moderate and hardcore new about those concerts. This journalist also said Bob Jones was Michael's manager for 17yrs, which is a big lie because he was Michael's main PR man and Vice President of MJJ Productions (not manager) until the mid-late 1990's. During his 17yrs with Michael, Michael's managers were Frank Dileo, Sandy Gallin (he appeared to be useless), John Branca (MJ's ex friend and lawyer as acting manager) and Deiter Wesiner.

I was disgusted that Jordan Chandler was referred to as Michael's lover, and that Michael was compared to the Oscar Wilde who was prosecuted in the 1800's for having gay affairs with teenage boy's.

Diana Diamond talked about Michael spooning Jordan Chandler in Jordan's bedroom like a woman, which is an obvious lie. The fact is Jordan Chandler's false allegations against Michael weren't allegations of full on sex, neither were Gavin Avizio's lies.

Anther thing that I found rather pathetic was the journalists claims Michael was "penniless". His program said Michael struck a deal to put some of his belongings like his Smooth Criminal hat up for auction to make money. He missed the fact, that those items up for auction are there because he gave them to his family, and they were bankrupt as they were sued for none payment of guitars they ordered from a company. Michael Jackson has no connection to the auction or need for the money generated from it. In fact Michael sued to get his belongings back, because they should never have been there.

I disliked the fact he said Michael was now living in "down town" Las Vegas and how could he have ended up penniless living here. And he said that whilst he was standing outside a gated house that looks worth at least £2.million, which Michael could be renting as Michael always rents houses to stay at when his moving around the USA. We also don't know if Michael is actually staying that that house, as we didn't seeing any film or photos of Michael coming or going from the house.

Watching the program, you could see that Bob Jones, Diane Diamond and Victor Gorr**** were all lying and have all ended up broken people because their lies about Michael have ruined there careers.

My opinion is that this program was so boring that I think the negative effect intended on Michael's image was ineffective.

There are more enough lies on this program for Michael to sue. And for once in Michael's life I wish he would sue, because ignoring these type of gutter programs only makes the public believe the lies he's had to live with since 1993.

Saphster

I signed the petition. :uh_uh:

Lame ass bitches! These people make me sick!

Well I am just happy Michael is making MUCH more money than they are, money that he earned, and living well off of it! He's enjoying his benefits from all his hard work and they will never amount to ****. Broke ass bastards.

I'm broke too, but I actually do something worthwhile! :lol Not live off of ruining other people's lives!:eek:hnoyoudidnt

Black Loafers

OMG! How dare they!
He got set free on ALL darn charges in 2005 and now this! I can't believe it.
If I lived in London and knew better english I would walk into channe 4's office and yell them out!:8-26-03ranting: :8-26-03ranting: