• Ocean Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange Crush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Court Voids Rowe's Loss of Parental Rights

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
Wed Feb 15, 8:21 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson's ex-wife, Deborah Rowe, won a round Wednesday in her battle over their two children, with an appeals court ruling that her parental rights were not properly relinquished under the law.

The ruling by the California 2nd District Court of Appeal set the stage for further litigation between the former couple. Jackson could appeal the ruling further.

While acknowledging that Rowe initiated the proceeding to give up her parental rights in 2001 and made it clear she wanted Jackson to have sole custody, the appellate court said the judge presiding over the matter did not handle it properly.

The retired judge, Steven M. Lachs, acknowledged in 2004 that he failed to have state officials do an independent investigation into what was in the best interests of the children.

Lachs voided his own ruling even though he had found in 2001 that the arrangement was in the best interests of Paris and Prince Michael, Jackson's daughter and son with Rowe.

Jackson also has another son, Prince Michael II, whose mother has not been identified.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_en_ot/michael_jackson;_ylt=AmJVQvK8NjaLXKBhobmjQ7MXCGYD;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

A

Anonymous

How were her rights improperly taken away? She clearly said she didn't want it! Stupid. I read a more in depth article about this and it says that Michael's lawyers warned her that she better not backtrack about her belief that MJ was a good dad if she read something in the media that pointed in the other direction.

Like her thinking that Michael would let the NOI treat his kids like shit?? Come on! THEY were the ones benefiting from Michael, if he decided to chunk out them (which he eventually did), it would be their loss. I bet they didn't even know his kids were half jewish. They said she asked for temporary EXCLUSIVE custody when MJ had them as security. Can you believe this?

What greater punishment is there for two young kids than to stick them with a women they don't know for a set period of time. Then the fact that she has no experience raising kids!

Custody battles are bullshit. It's just so unfortunate that Michael could find some woman that he was deeply in love with to have kids with him.

HeavenSent

Exactly.

Custody battles ARE bull shit. They hurt the kids. What exactly is this serving? Debbie's unsubstatiated fears about how her kids are being raised?! Um no.

This is serving her selfishness. She shouldn't be trying to take anyone away at this point.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I think Rowe is full of $hit. She doesn't deserve visitation, let alone custody.

I can't give her the benefit of the doubt because there is more than likely a chance that Mike doesn't want HIS children around her for a reason.

Soem fans are giving this heffa the benefit of the doubt because she didn't lie on the stand. And I'm like, I don't care if she actually told the truth on the stand! Hell, that's what she was supposed to have done!

But I definitely think this heffa doesn't deserve nor wants to be anyone's mother. If she wants kids, she can go have them by some other guy and move the f_ck on.

whisper said:
I think Rowe is full of $hit. She doesn't deserve visitation, let alone custody.

I can't give her the benefit of the doubt because there is more than likely a chance that Mike doesn't want HIS children around her for a reason.

Soem fans are giving this heffa the benefit of the doubt because she didn't lie on the stand. And I'm like, I don't care if she actually told the truth on the stand! Hell, that's what she was supposed to have done!

But I definitely think this heffa doesn't deserve nor wants to be anyone's mother. If she wants kids, she can go have them by some other guy and move the f_ck on.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I've always had my doubts and reservations about Debbie. I mean, how could you just sign over your children, never show any interested in seeing them or even having them know you exist, yet, like 8 and 9 years later, turn around and suddenly give a damn? Me thinks she just wants back in Michael's "inner circle". It was so obvious when she testified that she still had a thing for him. I think she figures this is the only way she will have any contact with him or any sense of meaning or influence in his life. But this is a hell of a way of going about it! It will only push him farther away..and who could blame him?? :8-26-03ranting:

I know from personal experience in my own family how children tend to resent their estranged parent suddenly wanting to essentially waltz back into their lives. And it's unfair, even cruel of Debbie to do this if she has the wrong intentions.

Any respect I might've had for her is quickly going out the window. Looks like Ms. Rowe is just another backbiting opportunist to come in and out of Michael's life..:uh_uh: :(

~Vicky~ said:
What greater punishment is there for two young kids than to stick them with a women they don't know for a set period of time. Then the fact that she has no experience raising kids!

Custody battles are bullshit. It's just so unfortunate that Michael could find some woman that he was deeply in love with to have kids with him.

I agree 100%. And I really wish that Michael will one day be able to find "the one" for him, not some backstabbing "friend" who only turns around to hurt him for her own purposes, like Debbie apparently is trying to..:(:angry:

Maiky

I agree with you too.
It's quite very suspicious that suddenly, without any reasons she wants to have custody of these children, when for all these years she wasn't interested at them (at least she gave that impression):cryptic