DUPRI URGES AFRICAN-AMERICANS TO SUPPORT JACKSON

linzfinz03

R+B producer JERMAINE DUPRI is urging his fellow African Americans to offer his future brother-in-law MICHAEL JACKSON all the support they can because he deserves more respect.

The Atlanta, Georgia-based mogul, who is dating JANET JACKSON, admits he was appalled with the way America's black population turned their backs on the King of Pop when he needed them most - at the height of his child molestation trial.

He says, "It's clear that Michael was set up... What's foolish about it is that our own community jokes about it (trial). If ELVIS (PRESLEY) were still alive, they would never let anything happen to him.

"What I hate about the black community is we don't protect our own... He's the only living legend that touched all our lives."

29/07/2005 03:17

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...pport%20jackson

Silviaj80

Originally posted by linzfinz03

R+B producer JERMAINE DUPRI is urging his fellow African Americans to offer his future brother-in-law MICHAEL JACKSON all the support they can because he deserves more respect.

The Atlanta, Georgia-based mogul, who is dating JANET JACKSON, admits he was appalled with the way America's black population turned their backs on the King of Pop when he needed them most - at the height of his child molestation trial.

He says, "It's clear that Michael was set up... What's foolish about it is that our own community jokes about it (trial). If ELVIS (PRESLEY) were still alive, they would never let anything happen to him.

"What I hate about the black community is we don't protect our own... He's the only living legend that touched all our lives."

29/07/2005 03:17

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...pport%20jackson

THAT'S GREAT!
I WISH MICHAEL CAN HAVE MORE FAIR AND TRUE FRIENDS TO HIS SIDE!

senecajackson

He is really outspoken lately but I'm with Sapphire...."preach it"! I do believe that the Black community should support MJ more...and that's not just for the Black community, that's period!

P dub

no i disagree totally b cuz, i know a lot of black people who support mj like myself and this article is at least amonth old and is sooooo not true

MjsBabyMomma

Yes, of course, there are many African Americans who support Michael but Jermaine is also right. Many African Americans did joke and turn their backs on Michael. There should have been even more respect for him. Jermaine was just saying it like he saw it. I agree, especially with the last quote.