Elizabeth Taylor on Klein

Alijoy

[quote name="Palmyra"]
You seem to have quoted that more than once in a very matter of fact way, you were good friends with Michael then I presume?

Yes, very good friends (in my dreams). No, but seriously, I say this because Michael said so himself.

But on another level, I keep repeating myself to preempt others from telling me something I already know.

Do you not see the irony in that comment?

No, I don't. It might be conceivably ironic if I insulted others while I asked another member not to do this, but I didn't insult anyone here. And I didn't insult Elizabeth Taylor either. I like her very much, because she's been consistently on Michael's side. A few months ago, I saw an Elizabeth Taylor headline in the news, and I quickly became worried something may have happened to her. I care so much about Michael, it strangely extends to those he cared about as well.

That's not the nicest thing to say about Elizabeth.

On this board, I have previously mentioned that Elizabeth should set the record straight on a number of issues related to Michael (not specifically the homosexuality thing)...not for my own reasons, but for those who don't otherwise care that much about Michael. Asking her to set the record straight on anything is not insulting her. I have not and would never insult her. I don't do that to Michael's people.

And Alijoy was not directing the comment at anyone in particular on this board.

He/she is being very condescending.

Am I stupid for that? Well then if other people believe so then I guess I'm as dumb as they come.

Don't worry about it, Saph. No one is stupid here; it's just that someone on this board is being unnecessarily disrespectful.[/quote]
For starters, I'm a woman. Second of all, I'm not being "unneccessarily condescending"/ I just don't see the problem in reading a statement as it was intended. It's nowhere near as hard as some fans think it is.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... -1-million

Dr. Arnold Klein, Michael Jackson's dermatologist and close friend, is being sued for a million dollars, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Bank of America is taking the King of Pop’s long-time doctor to court, claiming breach of written agreement, unjust enrichment and indebtedness, among other allegations, in documents obtained by RadarOnline.com.

The lawsuit stems from a line of credit the high-profile Dr. Klein took out in July 2008.

According to the filing, "by terms of first agreement, Plaintiff provided Defendant with a revolving line of credit for $500,000."

Trouble arose in September 2009, when Klein missed a $100,000 payment that was due.

"Defendant defaulted under the terms of the first agreement by failing to make the payment due on September 1, 2009,” the filing alleges.

“Plaintiff demanded performance thereof but Defendant wholly failed, refused and neglected to perform as alleged herein.”

Klein went on to miss other large payments, alleges the lawsuit, which was filed in Pasadena on April 29.

It states: "To date, defendant has failed and refused and continues to to fail and refuse to pay the principal sum of $456,234. 85, or any part thereof although demand therefore has been made and said sum is due and payable from Defendant, together with interest thereon at the default rate of 10.79% per annum from August 10, 2009.”

Bank of America is seeking $937,381.20 in damages, attorneys fees -- and is seeking a jury trial.

Comment is being sought from Dr. Klein.

Saphster

I'm not starting a riot. I'm just saying she should have said something different. That's it. For my benefit and for other fans. Screw tmz or other media. It would have been a good closure from Elizabeth seeing as how she has barely said anything since Michael's passing.

OneMoreChance

Elizabeth Taylor is 78 years old and has been dealing with a slew of health problems including surgery. Now people expect her to come out and tell the world about the Michael she knew. Michael's death devastated her. I don't think she can talk about him. I think it's hurts her too much. Besides, why should she? We are lucky to hear anything from her at all, especially about Michael and as soon as we do she's criticized for it because fans didn't like what she said or how she said it.

Sorry, that's not very nice in my opinion. Liz needs our support not our criticism!

Saphster

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]Elizabeth Taylor is 78 years old and has been dealing with a slew of health problems including surgery. Now people expect her to come out and tell the world about the Michael she knew. Michael's death devastated her. I don't think she can talk about him. I think it's hurts her too much. Besides, why should she? We are lucky to hear anything from her at all, especially about Michael and as soon as we do she's criticized for it because fans didn't like what she said or how she said it.

Sorry, that's not very nice in my opinion. Liz needs our support not our criticism![/quote]
Again I am NOT SAYING that she needs to spill the beans on every detail about Michael's life. I am not saying that. I am ONLY talking about the 'tweet' issue only. I ONLY think she should have said something different because some fans online say idiotic comments like 'Oh well if it's true and Michael was like gay then who are we to judge?? OMG like Klein should go to jail for telling his patients secrets. Michael trusted him!"

That's all. I am not expecting her to come out and tell everybody who Michael Jackson really was, or who he liked or what he didn't like. No. It was about her comment on Twitter.

That's all.

Know why this upsets me? Because if these 'FANS' who believe this spread more of their stupid comments all over the damn place then the people who are NOT fans will start to believe it. Then, THAT IS WHEN TMZ will pay Klein a visit again or vice versa and talk more about Michael's 'lover'.

It's not an issue now but if fans are starting to believe then eventually the media will buy into it after hearing and reading comments about it.

OneMoreChance

[quote name="Saphster"]
[quote name="Jeniffer30"]Elizabeth Taylor is 78 years old and has been dealing with a slew of health problems including surgery. Now people expect her to come out and tell the world about the Michael she knew. Michael's death devastated her. I don't think she can talk about him. I think it's hurts her too much. Besides, why should she? We are lucky to hear anything from her at all, especially about Michael and as soon as we do she's criticized for it because fans didn't like what she said or how she said it.

Sorry, that's not very nice in my opinion. Liz needs our support not our criticism![/quote]
Again I am NOT SAYING that she needs to spill the beans on every detail about Michael's life. I am not saying that. I am ONLY talking about the 'tweet' issue only. I ONLY think she should have said something different because some fans online say idiotic comments like 'Oh well if it's true and Michael was like gay then who are we to judge?? OMG like Klein should go to jail for telling his patients secrets. Michael trusted him!"

That's all. I am not expecting her to come out and tell everybody who Michael Jackson really was, or who he liked or what he didn't like. No. It was about her comment on Twitter.

That's all.

Know why this upsets me? Because if these 'FANS' who believe this spread more of their stupid comments all over the damn place then the people who are NOT fans will start to believe it. Then, THAT IS WHEN TMZ will pay Klein a visit again or vice versa and talk more about Michael's 'lover'.

It's not an issue now but if fans are starting to believe then eventually the media will buy into it after hearing and reading comments about it.[/quote]

I wasn't referring to you in my post, Saph. I get what you're saying, but people can't be expected to know when someone is going to misunderstand what you say. I'm sure Liz didn't expect anyone (especially Michael's fans) to misunderstand what she said. If fans are stupid enough to actually BElIEVE that's what she said and now believe that Michael was gay, there's not much that can be done about it. You can't account for stupidity. I know I never do.