fav childhood movie songs!

senecajackson

Now that I am officially a mom, I know that I am going to be watching and buying alot of cartoons for my daughter. I'm looking forward to it because I'm somewhat of a big kid, but I thought this would be a fun thread...and of course a walk down memory lane. What are some of your favorite childhood movies and the songs that were on the movies? I was watching alot of my movies that I still have from when I was a little girl and it brought back so many memories of how I would jump around and sing along to the musical parts of the movie with my cousins! lol

Here is one of my all time favorite childhood favorites...which I remember my cousin and I dranging my uncle to take us to see...which he fell asleep in the theater! LOL I guess I like this one so much because Powerline reminded me of MJ LOL! And plus I love and still love Tevin Campbell...and goofy! lol This song is bomb! lol I'm such a big kid!:rollin

post ur favs! This should be fun!

danaluvsmj

This was one of my faves 'This used to be my playground' from 'A league of their own.'

I also loved 'Will you be there' from 'Free Willy' of course, and all the Disney movies

Sunshine

My fave Disney movie is actually Goofy and Son. And Powerline has always reminded me of Michael! I think it's so awesome that other people agree with me on that one!!
My favorite Disney song is "A Whole New World" I think.
But I have many faves.
Peter Pan, The Lion King 2, Aladdin, .. I like the Little Mermaid too.
There are probably many more that I will remember as this thread goes along.

:cloud9 I know this is a bit off topic, but it is actually one of my biggest dreams to be Mickey Mouse (or another character, maybe a princess, but MM is number 1 o/c) at Disney World! :wub: I can't think of a better job in the whole world than going to Disney World being Mickey Mouse giving hugs to smiling children knowing that you just made a dream come true <3! *sigh* it would be more amazing than anything else I think. (This does not include anything MJ related o/c.)
--------------- I just had too share my dream now that we were talking about Disney. ------------

Back to topic :D

senecajackson

ok, I'm absolutely a Disney freak! lol I basically grew up watching Disney movies lol. but here is another fav. I use to have the sing along tape to this movie and like 5 different Ariel dolls! :lol

Here is another one...between A Goofey Movie and Lion King...they are my ALL TIME favorite Disney flilms! And I adored Simba!:lol

Minnie Dia

Dude... whoa!!!

Memories...
This song used to be my favorite.. it still is... i LOVE IT!!

BONJOUR... Bonjour.. Bounjourbonjour

danaluvsmj

Aww, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast were my faves. I used to sing all those songs constantly!

And now here's a classic from Aladdin:

And I used to love this one from the Jetsons movie. My sister and I loved Tiffany!:

This one's my favorite from Fievel Goes West. My sister won a lip-synching contest performing this song:

senecajackson

Minnie Dia;196741 said:
Dude... whoa!!!

Memories...
This song used to be my favorite.. it still is... i LOVE IT!!

BONJOUR... Bonjour.. Bounjourbonjour

AAAAAW, I love this one tooooo! And the Aladdin one!!:rollin I sooo feel like a kid again! I bet mike would love this conversation lol

danaluvsmj

aww Selena!:( I love that movie!

I just had to post this song because it has so much significance for me.I don't even have to tell you who this man is. He's the reason why we're all here.

Oh, I LOVED all the Disney movie musicals, esp. the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, Pocahontas, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, etc, etc...all the great, "2D" movies they used to make so much back then. And the best part was that they would tend to come out every summer, right around the time of my birthday--so I ended up getting allll the memorabilia--dolls, toys, clothes, tapes (at the time..hey, it was the 90's! :p ), books, board games..you name it! Ahh, they don't make them the same as they used to..:( lol.

Examples:

Minnie Dia

OMG FEIVEL GOES WEST!!! i thought i was the only one!!! HAHAH none of my friends know about him!!! AWWW!!! Selena.. dude.. i was just remincing on her too.

senecajackson

Minnie Dia;196786 said:
OMG FEIVEL GOES WEST!!! i thought i was the only one!!! HAHAH none of my friends know about him!!! AWWW!!! Selena.. dude.. i was just remincing on her too.

wasn't she the greatest? man...such a sad story

Shannon

Too many. :D However, I'll post only one now since I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Bella Notte from Lady and The Tramp.
[youtube]N_h0n0MTuzA[/youtube]

senecajackson

aaaaaaaaaand of course...:D

one of my most favorite music numbers from the movie! I was like 6 when this movie premeired on ABC and i still watch it every time it airs on vh1 lol! not to mention i have it on tape! lol

danaluvsmj

OMG! The Jacksons: An American Dream!

I was eight when that movie premiered on ABC, and I taped it too:wink
That was when I really started getting into Michael.