hi everyone!!

brnthsdiscout

Shannon;195739 said:
What a coincidence, so do I, LOL. :p :lol

i have to say, this site is soooo much fun!! :mf_w00t2: i really appreciate everyone's shout outs!! and i have to be honest i was floored finding people here that lives in tucson and are from there!! thanks peeps!:)

HeavenSent

brnthsdiscout;195671 said:
believe it or not i did live in tucson in the early 90s. back when steve kerr was still playing for the wildcats * i don't know if you know how big u of a sports are?* i went to sabino high school. and sure i'd love to meet up for coffee...i holla at you once i'm settled in. at least i'll know there's a fellow mj fan!:cool:

Didn't know if you saw my post, I'm a native Tucsonian.

I'd actually met Steve (and Lute Olsen) when he came to the school where my mom taught briefly: Gridley Middle School. Since my mom was a HUGE U of A fan, she dragged my ass up there with her to get his autograph. He was SO shy! Btw, Steve's been out of the game for a good while, you said the early 90's? I think he started playing for the Chicago Bulls back then.

Sabino High School sounds so familiar! Whereabouts in Tucson?

brnthsdiscout

HeavenSent;195832 said:
Didn't know if you saw my post, I'm a native Tucsonian.

I'd actually met Steve (and Lute Olsen) when he came to the school where my mom taught briefly: Gridley Middle School. Since my mom was a HUGE U of A fan, she dragged my ass up there with her to get his autograph. He was SO shy! Btw, Steve's been out of the game for a good while, you said the early 90's? I think he started playing for the Chicago Bulls back then.

Sabino High School sounds so familiar! Whereabouts in Tucson?

oh my god!!:eek: well, it's been about 15 years since i last lived there, i now live in hawaii...i don't remember off hand where in tucson sabino high school is. i just remember we were the sabrecats and our biggest rival was sahuaro high school.

yeah, i remember seeing the wildcats games when steve was still there...those games were exciting!! i can still remember the chants 'u of a!' i think he played for another team after the bulls and is now retired...but that's so cool you're from tucson!:D small world indeed.

mysteriousone

mysteriousone;195634 said:
*waves* Hello.....hello and welcome to MJEOL!!

It's great to have you on board and by the look of things, you've made yourself right at home! :thumbsup

Good luck with the moving too! :)

See you around on the forums!! :D

Mysti!
:blink:

I guess because I'm not living or have lived in Tuscon, I'm not worth acknowledging! :( I get the message! *sighs*

Mysti!

HeavenSent

Aw don't feel bad! I felt like that after my first post got leapt over! Had me thinking, "okay did I not just say that I was born in Tucson? Hello?"

Just go ahead and say you're from Tucson. hahaha.

mysteriousone

HeavenSent;195893 said:
Aw don't feel bad! I felt like that after my first post got leapt over! Had me thinking, "okay did I not just say that I was born in Tucson? Hello?"

Just go ahead and say you're from Tucson. hahaha.
LMAO! I was like, WTF, both Carla and I aren't worth acknowledging, then low and behold you're Tusconian and it's all on!! :lol Poor old little me is left out in the dark all on my lonesome now! *BOO HOO*

NOPE.....I'm a New Zealander born and bred, and damn f****** proud of it too!! :lol

Mysti!

mysteriousone;195895 said:
LMAO! I was like, WTF, both Carla and I aren't worth acknowledging, then low and behold you're Tusconian and it's all on!! :lol Poor old little me is left out in the dark all on my lonesome now! *BOO HOO*

NOPE.....I'm a New Zealander born and bred, and damn f****** proud of it too!! :lol

Mysti!

Aww! :lol

Well, I can't speak for brnthsdiscout, of course, but I'm sure it was nothing personal! :8-26-03fruits_apple Sometimes it takes awhile to get used to things when you're new to a board, especially since on a lot of the other MJ forums, you almost never get personal replies back to every post..:cryptic lol. I guess a closer knit community such as this one is not as common..but I wouldn't have it any other way! :wub: :)

But I love all you guys--fellow Tucsonian, New Zealander, Texan.. or whatever! :p :8-26-03fruits_apple

brnthsdiscout

so sorry if i missed anyone!!:p i was just floored that there are people living in tucson and even knew of my high school. it really blew me away!:lol but no, i think all the peeps on here are really cool and thanks again for the shout outs...here's a big ALOHA from hawaii.B) i should be moving to az in a month or two...no more paying up to $4 for gas!:lol but thanks everyone!

p.s. if my name is a pain in the a$$ to keep spelling *grins* just call me brn or carol is fine.