Latoya on Access Hollywood tonight

tofdel1

Starpulse News Blog
News Categories: Celebrity - Movie - Music - TV - Video Game - Archives - RSS / XML Feeds - News Home
03/24/06
13:48:17, Categories: Celebrity News
La Toya Jackson Says Brother Michael Is Doing Wonderful, Doesn't Want to Return to Neverland
In an interview airing on tonight's "Access Hollywood," La Toya Jackson reveals for the first time that her brother Michael Jackson never really wanted Neverland back. She also talks about how he is doing right now.

In talking about the end of Neverland, Jackson's California fantasy playland, the sister of the self-proclaimed "King of Pop" said, "I have to tell you that when all of this was over he said he would leave and never come back and he didn't care or want Neverland again. So, I guess you guys are just learning about it, but he never really wanted a part of that ever again."

Jackson added that, this was "All part of the plan ... When he left he said 'it's finished never again.' He felt that his privacy was invaded, so its time to leave and that's what he did."

When asked how her brother was doing she added, "Thank you for asking, he is doing wonderful. He is doing really well and he is happy with where he is and I'm happy for him for being so happy and content with his life at the moment."

:)

A

Anonymous

I guess they asked her about the Neverland issue and she's just saying MJ doesn't give a shit about Neverland, so that's why it happened. :lol

I'm actually glad she said it, kinda confirmed things for me.

I bet she was there to promote something, but since no one gives a crap about her stuff they just reported the MJ bit. haha

A

Anonymous

Jermaine talks about MJ just as much....more..1000x more. Latoya doesn't do it as often. MJ needs a muzzle on his family members though. haha Or rather just Jermaine, Latoya, and Joe.

ZIM

I never can make out 'which' or whose side she takes sometimes:eek:hnoyoudidnt
:( What she said this time seems reasonably 'fair' about Michael.
Sure as a 'sis' (big sis) she has MJ's best 'interests' at heart:idontknow

minnie yu

:8-26-03fruits_apple anyway i am glad to hear Lotoya said MIke is doin well..i also know Lotoya really care about her babe brother that's the main thing...

as for this interview about lotoya herself honesty i donot care about this..:( :lol

I'm glad that Michael is happy where he is, whether he lives at Neverland again or not doesn't matter as long as he healthy, at peace with his children is the most important to me.

Well, I, for one, take Michael's words into higher consideration--the words that were expressed last week, in form of Raymone's statement. Raymone Bain is basically Michael Jackson's mouthpiece--the lady gets PAID to speak for HIM. And she just got done saying, just last WEEK, that he is NOT "closing" it down for good. To me, that holds a lot more water than something said months or even years ago (like on 60 minutes)... And that comes from MICHAEL, not his older sister, who is obviously (and quite understandably so!) bitter that her brother had to go through what he did. And he may well have said that at the end of the trial. The man went through hell--he was emotionally DRAINED! So naturally, he was going to have those feelings! But what did he turn around and do? Yes, he may have went to another country, but he still continued to maintain a staff for nearly six whole months before the mixup happened and then, even AFTER that, when he would've had the PERFECT opportunity to just say 'Screw it' and fold it all up, he simply downsized. Not fired "everyone"- but downsized. Why not just give the damn thing up totally if you "never" want to come back (not even to visit, which Michael DID say, even on the obviously emotionally raw "60 Minutes" interview) ? Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words..

I think the main problem with those whole "debate" is that some fans (not so much here, but on other forums, LOL :lol ) tend to hang on every word the man or his family says, taking it as gospel and excluding the possibility of it being rooted in the emotional..meaning that, *gasp!*, Michael Jackson is HUMAN..he may be inspiring, awesome, amazing, and all that, but at the end of the day, he's HUMAN.. having the same emotions and making the same slip ups as you or I. And, of course, so do his family. They have the same conversations and throw up the same hypotheticals as any of us do with our family/loved ones..the only thing different is that it gets in the press with them.. :rolleyes: :lol

I love Neverland--I think it's an amazing place and a reflection/extention of Michael Jackson's heart and creative mind. I had the pleasure of actually setting foot into it and spending time there and I value those memories very much. But, at the end of the day, it's not an emotional attachment or wishful thinking for me in my responses to threads like this. Every time a "debate" like this comes up, I think back to June 13th and how HAPPY I was that the man wasn't going to PRISON. Neverland is a place. Michael is a PERSON and the person who is my inspiration..my hero. So, ultimately, as long as he's free and content with his life, I'm happy. It's HIS life to live, not mine. But I for one choose to use my common sense on which to base my opinions...not speculation or drama.

"There will be no further comment on this matter".

We should just take Raymone's statement in and leave it at that. ;)

I do take somewhat of an issue with Latoya "revealing" all this, though. I mean, I'm sure that if Michael said this, he didn't mean for the whole entire world to be privvy to it. And considering Latoya's history of "dishing" about Michael and the family in order to get press (with her book and then with the whole infamous '93 press conference--asshole hubby or not, that's STILL no excuse for SELLING your brother out like that. Michael had a much bigger heart than I would've had to forgive her for that, I'll tell you that much..), it only makes it that much more annoying that she would "spill the beans" on this. I mean yeah, she might've been asked, but couldn't she have been more discreet or politely declined to answer? Maybe she knew it would be a surefire way for her to get quoted..and to get people talking like we are right now.LOL :rolleyes:

Poor Michael. He really DOESN'T have very much privacy at all..not even with his own flesh and blood..:(

Blah..

~Vicky~ said:
Jermaine talks about MJ just as much....more..1000x more. Latoya doesn't do it as often. MJ needs a muzzle on his family members though. haha Or rather just Jermaine, Latoya, and Joe.

True, but at least Jermaine tends to speak about Michael, mainly after he's already been put on the defensive. Latoya didn't HAVE to give the answer she did, even if she were asked. Same with that '93 press conference. People ought to take accountability for their words and actions..especially when it may potentially be breeching their own siblings' privacy..

I agree with the muzzle part, though. ;) :lol I mean, I'm sure they mean well, but if Michael wanted these things known, he would do it himself. He's a big boy..LOL>

A

Anonymous

True, but at least Jermaine tends to speak about Michael, mainly after he's already been put on the defensive.

Jermaine is not MJ's spokesperson. I'm not talking about him defending MJ during the trial. But even before then.

One thing I will never forget his how he went on Larry King in 2003 and after a caller asked if MJ was gay, bi, asexual...whatever..Jermaine refused to answer. What does that say to people watching!!! 'Michael is a wonderful person. You'll have to ask him.' Oh yeah, like you don't know what sexuality your brother has. He didn't say it all lovey dovey, he said it like 'Ho! Don't ask me that...if I say what I think he really is i'll be in trouble..'

That told me Jermaine thinks MJ is gay or some shit. Otherwise he should have told him what MJ has stated 350982095 times. He's heterosexual.

That and the fact that when Jermaine tries to say something it 1) doesn't make sense or 2) he stutters like shit.

Go AWAY!

IMO telling the public that her brother doesn't care about Neverland isn't an invasion of privacy. In her own way, she was clarifying why what happened, happened. If the whole world knows that MJ could care less about that ranch, it's not going to affect him. An invasion of privacy is telling them something like...'MJ likes to read erotic novels every Wednesday night.' For me, I kind of figured that MJ doesn't care that much awhile ago and so did a lot of other people. They raped his home of it's comfort and made it into a house for sick and twisted happenings, I'll be shocked if he could ever fully enjoy it again.

It's not that serious, what Latoya let us know, IMO. Not this time.

~Vicky~ said:
Jermaine is not MJ's spokesperson. I'm not talking about him defending MJ during the trial. But even before then.

One thing I will never forget his how he went on Larry King in 2003 and after a caller asked if MJ was gay, bi, asexual...whatever..Jermaine refused to answer. What does that say to people watching!!! 'Michael is a wonderful person. You'll have to ask him.' Oh yeah, like you don't know what sexuality your brother has.

That told me Jermaine thinks MJ is gay or some shit. Otherwise he should have told him what MJ has stated 350982095 times. He's heterosexual.

That and the fact that when Jermaine tries to say something it 1) doesn't make sense or 2) he stutters like shit.

Go AWAY!

Haha, yeah, I remember that too. :lol But maybe he just declined to answer because Michael's sexuality is none of that caller's damn business? :lol I mean, really. That's HIS private life. And what does it have to do with his music or him as a humanitarian? It's pretty much the same reason Michael declined to answer Oprah's question of whether he was still a virgin or not. It's not the world's damn business!! :rolleyes: :lol Or maybe he didn't want to inadvertantly come across as homophobic or something..either way, it's understandable. IMHO, at least LOL.

At least he didn't divulge a private conversation like Latoya did..

Bottom line: I don't doubt their heart is in the right place, but Michael's family really should try to be more careful about what they say to the press, especially if it's something that contradicts with what Michael/his team have already officially clarified..

:cool:

~Vicky~ said:

One thing I will never forget his how he went on Larry King in 2003 and after a caller asked if MJ was gay, bi, asexual...whatever..Jermaine refused to answer. What does that say to people watching!!! 'Michael is a wonderful person. You'll have to ask him.' Oh yeah, like you don't know what sexuality your brother has. He didn't say it all lovey dovey, he said it like 'Ho! Don't ask me that...if I say what I think he really is i'll be in trouble..'

Go AWAY!

IMO telling the public that her brother doesn't care about Neverland isn't an invasion of privacy. In her own way, she was clarifying why what happened, happened. If the whole world knows that MJ could care less about that ranch, it's not going to affect him. An invasion of privacy is telling them something like...'MJ likes to read erotic novels every Wednesday night.' For me, I kind of figured that MJ doesn't care that much awhile ago and so did a lot of other people. They raped his home of it's comfort and made it into a house for sick and twisted happenings, I'll be shocked if he could ever fully enjoy it again.

It's not that serious, what Latoya let us know, IMO. Not this time.

But to say that he "doesn't care" about it validates what people like Nancy Grace, Roger Friedman, and all the people who paint a 'doomsday' impression of Michael and his private business have been saying--people who were already disbuted by Raymone, who IS Michael's spokeswoman. ;) If he "didn't care", then why would he have done everything he's done even after going to Bahrain to hang onto the place? Why not just pack it all up and totally get rid of it? You've said yourself on other threads that there's obviously some sort of attachment there. This "don't care" business backs up the misnomer that he's abandoned the place and let it basically go to hell after the trial. Which is just not factually true..

Not wanting to actually live there anymore and "not caring" and essentially letting everything hang are two ENTIRELY different things..

This is why people like her should be careful what they say to the press..whatever their intentions may be. Because no one can speak for Michael Jackson but Michael Jackson himself..

IMHO, of course. :cool: