Like A deer in the headlights, A rude awakening for me...

linzfinz03

I used to be one of those fans who would run after Michael's car and mob him... Sadly, but true. It's something I hate to think about today, but you know... it is the truth.

Something changed it all for me, and I'd like to share that story with you.

At the Carnegie Hall thing in Feb 2001 I went there and saw Michael get mobbed. I didn't think that much of it, cause I don't know... I just didn't.

A few days later I was talking to a fan outside Four Seaons where Michael had been that morning.

She told me what she had seen.

She had been a part of the group, and Michael had left the hotel in an SUV. Like everyone else, she had surrounded the car, but ended up in front of it, rather than on the side.

People were banging on the windows and the car was rocking.

All of a sudden she catches a glimpse of Michael in the car. He is sitting way in the middle, cradling a little girl - his daughter Paris. My friend could hear the little girl scream at the top of her lungs, and Michael was holding her close. Kissing her forehead, seemingly trying to comfort the little girl.

My friend caught Michael's eyes and she said it was like being punched in the stomach: She said that Michael looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car, totally terrified.

He was trying to comfort a little girl who was probably scared to death, at the same time as he seemed terrified himself.

When she told me, I felt like I was punched in the stomach.

I've since then travelled to see Michael, yes, but I made a vow:
I will NEVER go see Michael unless it is a public event. I will not travel to see him on vacations etc. I'll go to the gates of Neverland, but not chase the car.
I will never chase Michael's car, bang on the windows or in any way mob him. If I'm somewhere that Michael is, I'mma be calm and just there.

I hope that one day, Michael will never have to feel like he seemingly did that day... And I pray that his children will never have to go through it again either...

pinkrock1

I would never mob him. That is so sad. We have to remember he is a human being with feelings, whose name happens to be Michael Jackson.

danaluvsmj

I know I wouls never mob Michael's car. A couple times when I went to the court hearings people would try to chase his car, but I would stay behind since I can't run that fast and I was wearing sandals.
when he was leaving the Epiphany on September 17th, so many people were mobbing them and I tried to tell them to stop.

I know I would terrified if I was mobbed like that, so I will never do that.

*sighs* So sad. And SENSELESS. :( I mean, it's all well and good to get excited to see Michael--most EVERY fan does (myself included :D) and he loves the attention and love of all of us. But to actually MOB or GRAB or otherwise harm the man/his children is not only wrong, it's POINTLESS. You can meet Michael/have interaction with him without acting like a damn animal. Simply put, people should just use COMMON SENSE when seeing/ meeting him--be loving, excited, or whatever...just don't hurt him. I know these fans mean no harm--it's all done out of love and excitement--but Michael seems to really appreciate it when he's treated like a fellow human being by us. It's more than normal to get excited over him--which one of us WOULDN'T be ??:)lol: )--just be halfway careful and sensible about it and you'll leave an even better impression of yourself with him.. ;) :)

MJslave

OMG, that is horrible, I have never seen Michael before and I always thought if I saw Michael what would I do, you know? I know I'd freak but would I really be like that. I'd pobably run after him but Id never be like grabbing him or doing anything stupid. I mean all the fans that act like idiots and don't think what they are doing, who could get hurt (people have even been killed trying to get to Michael, seriously) and they never think what Michael must be thinking. They love Michael, but THAT is not love, it's just giving us a rep as being crazy. I mean, what are they expecting to do once they actually get to him (do I really want to know). SORRY PARIS :console :console :console

And one of the things that amazes/touches me most about Michael is that he hasn't let this sort of crap stop him from being loving and giving towards us. Despite the sad fact that this sort of thing still happens a lot between himself and an element of the fans, he has never stopped giving love to and sharing with them. Even during the "case"/trial, when his very LIFE was on the line, Michael continued to give to us on a DAILY basis--whether it was things as big as the opening of Neverland or as "little" as the blowing of kisses and waves, he ALWAYS took the time out to acknowledge us. And even afterwards, while in Bahrain and places like that, he still (even when he was on a private trip to get away from it all) took the time out to meet with fans/admirers he encountered while there. Michael is just a giving, caring, bighearted man--selfless, even when he would have every right and reason to be the opposite. So the very LEAST we could do, as fans, is to give him the common decency and respect of not outright "mobbing" him like that. ..:)

Kanya

A sad story indeed...I can only imagine Michael looking all like a deer trying to nestle his little baby fawn to him in fright and reassuring tenderness....I could not ever mob him or draw at him like at a noodle, not even imagine and do not feel the necessity to, but merely be but gentle and polite and patient. I mean, I would not even ever do anything excited or ridiculously childish, or screaming or talking out loud, especially before Michael, for I don't see myself like that among people...And when there are innocent lives to be imperilled!...Michael's particularly...And that incident proves once more the heightened and vulnerable sensitivity inside of him...I knew that it existed so much...

PanGieE_S2_U

How scary!! the fans love him so much that they dunno what they're doing! he IS human!!
i read in an interview and he said that the most weirdest thing a fan ever asked him was
" do u go to the bathroom?"
Now is that strange or what?! he IS human here.. uhh HELLO?!
he's so amazing that people start to forget the fact that he has feelings like the rest of us.

Thanks for bringing it up linzfinz03, it really did awaken me too!!

White Fedora

Poor Michael... :( You know, if some fans would keep calm and not mob him, then maybe Michael would feel more confident about making more appearances for us. Then other fans would get lucky enough to actually meet him, and shake his hand and say hello to him. And he wouldn't have to run to his car through back doors to escape us.

Remember watching LWMJ when Michael said that he got lonely and would wander about at night because during the day he just couldn't go anywhere? After watching that - and reading this thread - I'd never mob him. If I did I'd feel so bad that I put his feelings before my own desire to se him.

Shannon

This story brought tears to my eyes. :( It's scary when your fans love you so much and doing such things in their excitement. I know they don't mean any harm, but we should really think about what we are doing. No matter how much we love him, he is a human being with feelings. His children shouldn't have to go through situations like that. :(

I am very shy with any kind of people, and I know I would never done such things if I ever met Michael. Probably, I would be speechless. Not able to remember a single word or move.

DaNcInG mAcHiNe

Originally posted by White Fedora
Poor Michael... :( You know, if some fans would keep calm and not mob him, then maybe Michael would feel more confident about making more appearances for us. Then other fans would get lucky enough to actually meet him, and shake his hand and say hello to him. And he wouldn't have to run to his car through back doors to escape us.

Remember watching LWMJ when Michael said that he got lonely and would wander about at night because during the day he just couldn't go anywhere? After watching that - and reading this thread - I'd never mob him. If I did I'd feel so bad that I put his feelings before my own desire to se him.
I agree with this. I cant imagine how scary it must be for him when it happens. It shouldnt happen really,especially when theres a child in the car

Everyone's gotta remember michael is just another man; a very unique and great one indeed, but at that, just a man. Even if you do say hello to him or try to look at him what good could come out of it? Im not saying "Omg whats wrong with the fans they all suck but me". this is not an instance of which someone asks you why you do it and you can say "Its human nature!" cause its NOT, its just another barbaric and careless act of an obviously mentally ill group of people. This just gets me mad!!! Ever hear the song PRIVACY, people!??!?!?!?!?!!!!

Originally posted by Blame It On The Boogie
Everyone's gotta remember michael is just another man; a very unique and great one indeed, but at that, just a man. Even if you do say hello to him or try to look at him what good could come out of it? I

I'm assuming you're meaning if a person got that opportunity during a "mob" scene, right? Cause that's a whole different story from meeting him in a less invasive way/setting..LOL :lol:

There's no doubt about it--Michael loves us and the attention and love we give him. I've seen with my own two eyes the pure joy he radiates from our presence (for ex: at the Epiphany last September, when I saw him in the SUV, he was literally bouncing up and down in his seat, waving, giggling, and smiling at all of us..:inlove :D ). So there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing him love, getting excited to see/meet him, etc. It's just when it gets out of hand--a mob scene, hand/hair pulling, etc--that that love and excitement needs to be condensed enough to where it is not animalistic or harmful/fearful to Michael/his children/etc. If more fans (and no, I am NOT saying I am perfect in any sense of the word--I get excited too, LOL--I just could never see the point of pulling at the man or otherwise outright rushing him) could learn to calm down--just a little bit--at least enough not to cause these sort of scenes, then fan events like that could turn out even better for all involved..:)