MJ #6 on the Top Pop Artists of the past 25 years

Any poll where Madonna is higher than Michael is a joke, and for that reason I can't take this poll seriously epescially with Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey ahead of Michael in this poll.

Mack Dogg

Prince is over MJ with those low numbers. Madonna is number one. Mariah Carey is before MJ. MJ had not only screaming fans worldwide but passing out fans. He trial, unfortunately was the bigget thing of 2005. He's more talked about that those top five, he's even had more hits than those top five. MJ will always be number one.

Shannon

Madonna number 1?? Put Michael Jackson on number 1 and Madonna number 2 instead, if you ask me. I don't think this list is right... But not bad with number 6 either, I guess.

Little H

Well, isnt this a chart? Of how many number one hits they gotten over the past 25 years?
It doesnt look like a poll to me.
Or am i wrong?

wacky_sis

Well, this is not about who's the best (we all know the answer to that) This is based on the charts between January, 1980 and December, 2004

wacky_sis

Originally posted by Little H
Well, isnt this a chart? Of how many number one hits they gotten over the past 25 years?
It doesnt look like a poll to me.
Or am i wrong?

right, it's based on charts, it's not a poll

Little H

Originally posted by wacky_sis
Well, this is not about who's the best (we all know the answer to that) This is based on the charts between January, 1980 and December, 2004

Exactly! What I was trying to say lol

Btw, Im former "LuckyStar", changed my username :thumbsup

alfredo

This chart is based on the U.S. sales records which are completely jaded. Throw in world-wide sales and this list turns into the garbage it is. I like Mariah , Prince and Madonna but this chart is ridiculous. Take a survey...of all the folks in the Top 10, which has most world wide acclaim? If a concert was tomorrow, who would you pick if you could only see one?

The music world is not just the U.S like it was in the Motown era. (Even the Beatles had to "make it" in the U.S. Michael started in the U.S. but his largest fanbase has been overseas.) Michael ended that. 50+ million(equal number in the U.S as abroad) albums of Thiller prove it. The "author" of this list is jaded and confused and plays old re-runs of Hard Copy.

Find a place to incinerate this list!!

breasoft

This isn't quite right as it only counts for stuff between the years of 1980 and 2004. So none of Mikes songs from J5!!!

Toddola

Originally posted by ~Vicky~
I thought it would be a cool idea if we all had our own custom avatars. Like with our names on them. Example?

Whisper you don't have to use it if you don't like it. :laugh But I just wanted to give an example of what I can do.

I know there are limits on how big members avatars can be for some it's 75x75 and for others it's 80x80. I can work with that!

I'll only be doing MJ avatars though. :bleh: I'm sure most people wouldn't mind that. If you have a certain picture you'd like... I can use it, just make sure it's a good quality picture and not some overly compressed picture.

:D

Michael is the best..! We know it and they know it..! This is just the US right? Well we all know what Michael said? "There has been a conspiracy in the US" Well not exactly those words=) He is aaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaazing!!! LOVE YOU MCHAEL!!!!!!

linzfinz03

umm no offense to his sis but how did she get higher on the scale than him. She hasn`t done near enough stuff as him. And Mariah Carey. What a freakin joke.

But it looks like they are just basing it on how many # 1`s they got not how they have influenced other artists and the impact they have had on the world.

nickychris3

No, I think it's the standards of the passing year. I mean, he hasn't had ANY hits or even done a PERFORMANCE this year. And the closest thing to a public appearence was... well, you know. And Marraiah is recgaining her positive reputation and is famous again, however... Madonna....?