Moonwalking in 1955.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjj_jdj

And in like the Madison Square Garden concert in 01'....u know how the media made a big fuss how mj on his solo performances keep covering his mouth ....Elvis used to do that all the time, and u would notice in like the U Rock My World performance how he would cover his mouth and shake his right leg, that is totally Elvis, he did that alllllll the time

A

Anonymous

Michael has never taken credit for inventing the moonwalk. He's always given credit to the kids that created it all. He just took it and improved it..I don't recall anyone else doing it to the extent that he does it. If you compare the Motown Billie Jean performance to the 95 VMA performance you'll see how much he's improved on it, he can keep it up for quite a long time.

Michaels Lover

Originally posted by mjj_jdj+-->QUOTE (mjj_jdj)And in like the Madison Square Garden concert in 01'....u know how the media made a big fuss how mj on his solo performances keep covering his mouth ....Elvis used to do that all the time, and u would notice in like the U Rock My World performance how he would cover his mouth and shake his right leg, that is totally Elvis, he did that alllllll the time[/b]

what are you talking about? elvis never covered his mouth like michael does. and the way michael shaked his leg in you rock my world is soooo not the way elvis did it

<!--QuoteBegin-mjj_jdj

the toe stand Elvis Presley used to do that (I will try to find the picture I have of him doing it and post it on here), and alot of the other stuff he does the robot and stuff like that, its Pop Lockin, brb while i try to find that picture of elvis[/quote]
:D
640354jhr.jpg

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by mjj_jdj
And in like the Madison Square Garden concert in 01'....u know how the media made a big fuss how mj on his solo performances keep covering his mouth ....Elvis used to do that all the time, and u would notice in like the U Rock My World performance how he would cover his mouth and shake his right leg, that is totally Elvis, he did that alllllll the time

I think MJ was covering his mouth for some other reason that I'm not sure about. I don't think it had anything to do with his dancing, Michael never did that any time before that.

Michael was not influenced by Elvis anyhow as he's said himself, there is no similarities artistically between the two of them at all. Michael didn't grow up watching Elvis on TV.

mjj_jdj

I didn't say mj shaked his leg the way elvis does, I have tons of performances when elvis is standing there and he is singing and he is just shakin his right leg back and forth and thats the sameeee thing mj was doin in the MSG Concert, no one said he did it like Elvis but he did do it

A

Anonymous

I didn't say mj shaked his leg the way elvis does, I have tons of performances when elvis is standing there and he is singing and he is just shakin his right leg back and forth and thats the sameeee thing mj was doin in the MSG Concert, no one said he did it like Elvis but he did do it

So did James Brown.

Michaels Lover

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
I think MJ was covering his mouth for some other reason that I'm not sure about. I don't think it had anything to do with his dancing, Michael never did that any time before that.

Michael was not influenced by Elvis anyhow as he's said himself, there is no similarities artistically between the two of them at all. Michael didn't grow up watching Elvis on TV.
thats right! :)

Michaels Lover

sooo???? just because he shaked his leg dosent mean he was influenced by elvis :careless

A

Anonymous

If you watch any James Brown footage you'll probably be like. 'OMG MJ so copied him!' :laugh That whole thing Michael does with his feet really fast, like during Wanna Be Startin Somethin' live..all from James Brown. Michael just added his touch to it.

Even the whole falling on the floor and needing help getting back up thing that Michael does was taken from James Brown.

Nothing to do with Elvis.

mjj_jdj

I never heard mj say he wasn't influenced by elvis, in all the footage i have, not once has he ever said it, and just because he hasn't said that he was influenced by him doesnt mean that he wasn't... Just like the mj lip thingy he does, I think mj took it from Elvis and invented his own lil thingy, Elvis was first to do the lip thingy, then mj made up one of his own....agree with it or not its evident
mjj194.jpg

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
If you watch any James Brown footage you'll probably be like. 'OMG MJ so copied him!' :laugh That whole thing Michael does with his feet really fast, like during Wanna Be Startin Somethin' live..all from James Brown. Michael just added his touch to it.

Even the whole falling on the floor and needing help getting back up thing that Michael does was taken from James Brown.

Nothing to do with Elvis.
Nobody said that had anything to do with elvis i Know mj copies james... I have tons of James concerts and performance same as Elvis..and I know what I am talking about, I'm just saying what I see, its not an argument of any sort

Michaels Lover

I never heard mj say he wasn't influenced by elvis, in all the footage i have, not once has he ever said it, and just because he hasn't said that he was influenced by him doesnt mean that he wasn't... Just like the mj lip thingy he does, I think mj took it from Elvis and invented his own lil thingy, Elvis was first to do the lip thingy, then mj made up one of his own....agree with it or not its evident
mjj194.jpg

:D :D :D
There was one exception: "Heartbreak Hotel." I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it. The record company printed it on the cover as "This Place Hotel," because of the Elvis Presley connection. As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Maybe it was timing more than anything else. By the time our song had come out, people thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way he did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself" michael jackson moonwalk

elvis had the lip thing but its nothing like mj :careless
i mean, elvis' lip thing was special. what michael does is something anyone does.... i mean... its part of the dance. elvis ..looked like that

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Michaels Lover
sooo???? just because he shaked his leg dosent mean he was influenced by elvis :careless
NO Mrs. Smarty Pants...I just said there are some similarities between them...and for someone to say that MJ hasnt been influenced by Elvis I dont see how u can say that because mj has never said it :)

A

Anonymous

Oh hell no. Michael made it clear he was never influenced by Elvis. Read his dang book.

There was one exception: "Heartbreak Hotel." I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it. The record company printed it on the cover as "This Place Hotel," because of the Elvis Presley connection. As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Maybe it was timing more than anything else. By the time our song had come out, people thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way he did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself.

Straight from his book. You guys don't know what you are talking about..Jordan...MJ never said that.

mjj_jdj

Michaels Lover said:
:D :D :D
[QUOTEThere was one exception: "Heartbreak Hotel." I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it. The record company printed it on the cover as "This Place Hotel," because of the Elvis Presley connection. As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Maybe it was timing more than anything else. By the time our song had come out, people thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way he did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself"
michael jackson moonwalk

elvis had the lip thing but its nothing like mj :careless
i mean, elvis' lip thing was special. what michael does is something anyone does.... i mean... its part of the dance. elvis ..looked like that[/QUOTE]

Can you read? I said that mj took it and made one of his own...and Elvis's lip wasn't like that he had to make his lip go up, he didnt walk around all day with his lip up like that :|, he had to make the face

Status
Not open for further replies.