Moonwalking in 1955.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaels Lover

Originally posted by mjj_jdj
NO Mrs. Smarty Pants...I just said there are some similarities between them...and for someone to say that MJ hasnt been influenced by Elvis I dont see how u can say that because mj has never said it :)
there are NO similarities beteen them "mr. know it all"
and read the quote from moonwalk i posted

A

Anonymous

Can you read? I said that mj took it and made one of his own...and Elvis's lip wasn't like that he had to make his lip go up, he didnt walk around all day with his lip up like that :|, he had to make the face

Uhh shut that up! No you didn't.

NO Mrs. Smarty Pants...I just said there are some similarities between them...and for someone to say that MJ hasnt been influenced by Elvis I dont see how u can say that because mj has never said it

Uh yea. Puh-lease.

A

Anonymous

The lip thing..I doubt it something that Michael does intentionally. It's something that just happens when he's dancing and feeling the music.

mjj_jdj

another thing the big belts, Mj wore big belts in concert and stuff during bad early dangerous eras, coincidently Elvis used to wear big belts too BUT like i said these are similarities that I SEE....so i dont know why u are gettin all bottled up..because u responding and getting all angry isnt gonna change what i see ;)
Elvis41.jpg

mjj201.jpg

A

Anonymous

WTF, don't make me close this thread. Michael said he was not influenced by Elvis. He freaking wasn't! Michael has never spoke highly of Elvis..ever. I'm not saying he dislikes him because there really isn't any reason to, but he never has.

If Elvis influenced Michael..he would say so, it's really not that big of a deal. Michael's style (clothing wise) is based highly on military attire. I can name so many other people that wear/wore big belts. So what? If a rapper wears a big belt does that mean they loved Elvis?

Please. Why are you so damn arrogant? You are WRONG. You are essentially saying Michael is a liar. You can pick parallels between anyone. I could find a similarity in both Michael and Marilyn Manson if I wanted to.

Michaels Lover

just because he did some things elvis did dosent mean he was influenced. michael said so himself he wasnt influenced by elvis. didnt you read the quote from moonwalk? it was posted twice...or are you saying michael is lying? :careless

mjj_jdj

and this thing that u quoted from the book :
There was one exception: "Heartbreak Hotel." I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it. The record company printed it on the cover as "This Place Hotel," because of the Elvis Presley connection. As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Maybe it was timing more than anything else. By the time our song had come out, people thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way he did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself"

Mj said Elvis wasnt an influence to him Musically (which is making music, singing, composing etc.) Fred Estaire wasnt a influence to mj musically, neither was Gene Kelly, we are talkin about dance and whether u agree or not its evident, the toe stand was first done by elvis, the lip thingy first done by elvis, the big belts first done by elvis, the leg shake first done by elvis, THE MOVEMENT OF THE HIPS first done by elvis :)

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Michaels Lover
just because he did some things elvis did dosent mean he was influenced. michael said so himself he wasnt influenced by elvis. didnt you read the quote from moonwalk? it was posted twice...or are you saying michael is lying? :careless
No im not saying that he was lying i am saying u dont know how to comprehend :) aka read

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
WTF, don't make me close this thread. Michael said he was not influenced by Elvis. He freaking wasn't! Michael has never spoke highly of Elvis..ever. I'm not saying he dislikes him because there really isn't any reason to, but he never has.

If Elvis influenced Michael..he would say so, it's really not that big of a deal. Michael's style (clothing wise) is based highly on military attire. I can name so many other people that wear/wore big belts. So what? If a rapper wears a big belt does that mean they loved Elvis?

Please. Why are you so damn arrogant? You are WRONG. You are essentially saying Michael is a liar. You can pick parallels between anyone. I could find a similarity in both Michael and Marilyn Manson if I wanted to.
U need to calm down
:hiya

A

Anonymous

he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me

That's pretty blatent. Saying 'he was too early for me' pretty much somes up that he was not an influence at all.

Elvis got his 'movement of the hips' from black artists before him. So that is crap, that is one thing Michael has spoken up about in the past. Elvis got most of his material from black artists and that is the truth.

http://www.steady-laughing.com/artists_aga...inst_racism.htm
Read Michael's words carefully.

K? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.