New Leaked Song: \"Another Day\"

HeavenSent

Folks, I first checked out some other boards who have also posted this. It's entitled "Another Day" featuring who HuffingtonPost calls "allegedly" Lenny Kravitz, and only a snippet of the song has been leaked.

Anyway, here is the audio.

OneMoreChance

I do remember reading that Lenny and Michael had been working together. I like it! I hope it gets officially released!:michaeljacksonicon:

Saphster

OMGGGGGGGG!! THIS IS GREAT! This is like the area I've wanted to see Michael more often in! Slow r&b with a slight bit of hip hop and rock too? WOW!

I am so happy that I am crying................................

I L.O.V.E it.

Saphster

This is a longer version! Well...the chorus was repeated and kind of added in there again but it really gives you a good general idea of how good the entire song would sound like.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC8xZDyMDHs[/video]

Palmyra

I couldn't listen to the whole thing, because I don't like it. Several problems: the DJ keeps interrupting, the instrumental, and this hasn't been checked off by Michael. I don't trust the quality of anything that was not released under Michael's direction.

The exact same thing happened after Tupac died. Producers who never worked with him did things to his music that he never would have done. They had artists being featured on Tupac's albums, especially artists Tupac would have never worked with. It's obvious the same thing might be done with Michael's music. It was a tragedy when it happens to Tupac's music, and it's a travesty when it happens to Michael's music. Let's just say I am outraged.

I am disappointed with Michael for completely abandoning disco music. After 1980, he never produced songs like Shake Your Body Down To The Ground or Blame it On The Boogie. Once Michael started a new chapter, he never went back -- a big disappointment for fans who want to hear all sorts of sounds (including sounds from Jackson 5/Jacksons days) and not just new stuff. I wish I could tell this to Michael and ask him to bring back some of the pre-1980 music, but I can't do this now.

OneMoreChance

I would rather hear it even if it didn't have Michael final approval then to never hear anything from Michael again. This could be a completed song that Michael did approve. We don't know.:idontknow

Saphster

Palmyra;231375 said:
I couldn't listen to the whole thing, because I don't like it. Several problems: the DJ keeps interrupting, the instrumental, and this hasn't been checked off by Michael. I don't trust the quality of anything that was not released under Michael's direction.

The exact same thing happened after Tupac died. Producers who never worked with him did things to his music that he never would have done. They had artists being featured on Tupac's albums, especially artists Tupac would have never worked with. It's obvious the same thing might be done with Michael's music. It was a tragedy when it happens to Tupac's music, and it's a travesty when it happens to Michael's music. Let's just say I am outraged.

I am disappointed with Michael for completely abandoning disco music. After 1980, he never produced songs like Shake Your Body Down To The Ground or Blame it On The Boogie. Once Michael started a new chapter, he never went back -- a big disappointment for fans who want to hear all sorts of sounds (including sounds from Jackson 5/Jacksons days) and not just new stuff. I wish I could tell this to Michael and ask him to bring back some of the pre-1980 music, but I can't do this now.

I'm going to have to disagree. The 80's were almost 30 years ago. Music has changed and so has Michael. He couldn't do disco and 80's music forever. Creative artists are always creating new sounds and like to explore different genres of music. And the DJ was probably just saying stuff over the song as they were playing it on a station or something. He wasn't included in the song. A lot of songs have not been checked by Michael but he still made them.

I just get mad when fans say things like how he stopped making his 80's and 70's hit. That was 20-30 years ago. I'm sorry but some people need to get over it. Music changed and so did Michael. The Lost Children, Dirty Diana, and TDCAU weren't 80's music and people still like them.

A lot of times whenever Michael did a song that sounded somewhere along the lines of hip hop and r&b people dislike it. I don't understand why. They say 'Oh that's not Michael Jackson!' or "That's not the old Michael Jackson!' or 'That's not the 80's Michael. He needs to stop trying to fit into today's music because his 80's were the best and he sounds lame trying to do like new music!' I've seen people say that.

I always end up telling them, "Do you even KNOW Michael Jackson like that?" I think R&b was his specialty. I wish he had done more of that than pop.

Palmyra

Creative artists are always creating new sounds and like to explore different genres of music.

I understand he has to do this, but every once in a while, give us some of the old sound. Where else can I get the old sound if it isn't from Michael?

The Lost Children, Dirty Diana, and TDCAU weren't 80's music and people still like them.

If I have a favorite Michael Jackson song of all time, it is TDCAU. I LOVE, LOVE The Lost Children. But at the same time, I would love to hear another song like We're Almost There.

A lot of times whenever Michael did a song that sounded somewhere along the lines of hip hop and r&b people dislike it.

You are describing fans like me. I feel this way. I believe Michael should have kept Biggie off of Invincible and left alone R&B. More songs like The Lost Children; fewer songs like Speechless and Butterflies (which is a great song!), please.

He needs to stop trying to fit into today's music because his 80's were the best and he sounds lame trying to do like new music!'

I just feel Michael should never do contemporary music. His music should always be ten steps ahead of the entire industry. Invincible (the album), for a mostly R&B album, is the best R&B I have ever heard. Even though he did R&B, he did it better than everyone else.

I think R&b was his specialty. I wish he had done more of that than pop.

I have the exact opposite feeling about this. If I had produced Invincible (the album, not the single), it would have been produced radically differently. I love Invincible (the single), but I would produce it differently (take away the R&B sound). But I will say this: Invincible (the album) is a million times better than any music you will hear today (or when Invincible was released).

Saphster

Palmyra;231385 said:
I just feel Michael should never do contemporary music. His music should always be ten steps ahead of the entire industry. Invincible (the album), for a mostly R&B album, is the best R&B I have ever heard. Even though he did R&B, he did it better than everyone else.
WHY?? That's not a good reason. I'm sorry!

Palmyra;231385 said:
I have the exact opposite feeling about this. If I had produced Invincible (the album, not the single), it would have been produced radically differently. I love Invincible (the single), but I would produce it differently (take away the R&B sound). But I will say this: Invincible (the album) is a million times better than any music you will hear today (or when Invincible was released).

Maybe this exactly why the hell Michael stopped making albums. Because of people and even his own fans saying how he should stop trying to fit into today's contemporary music and should have stuck in the 80's and 70's world. He got so much crap when he released Invincible....poor Michael.

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to get all mean and such because I'm not this type of person but I get defensive for Michael. I feel like if he worked so hard on his songs...always trying to perfect them it was for a reason. He wanted his work to be accepted. To be enjoyed by all types of people.

I always said if I were a singer I'd so all types of music! From rock to r&b, techno to classical. I wouldn't want to stick in just one area. That's why Michael is the greatest singer/entertainer. He never stuck to the same old thing!

Cristine87

Saphster;231380 said:
I'm going to have to disagree. The 80's were almost 30 years ago. Music has changed and so has Michael. He couldn't do disco and 80's music forever. Creative artists are always creating new sounds and like to explore different genres of music. And the DJ was probably just saying stuff over the song as they were playing it on a station or something. He wasn't included in the song. A lot of songs have not been checked by Michael but he still made them.

I just get mad when fans say things like how he stopped making his 80's and 70's hit. That was 20-30 years ago. I'm sorry but some people need to get over it. Music changed and so did Michael. The Lost Children, Dirty Diana, and TDCAU weren't 80's music and people still like them.

A lot of times whenever Michael did a song that sounded somewhere along the lines of hip hop and r&b people dislike it. I don't understand why. They say 'Oh that's not Michael Jackson!' or "That's not the old Michael Jackson!' or 'That's not the 80's Michael. He needs to stop trying to fit into today's music because his 80's were the best and he sounds lame trying to do like new music!' I've seen people say that.

I always end up telling them, "Do you even KNOW Michael Jackson like that?" I think R&b was his specialty. I wish he had done more of that than pop.

Girl, I couldn't agree with you more. If Michael kept releasing new songs that sounded like rehashed material, he wouldn't be the genius that he is. He'd be a one-trick poney probably doing shows in Vegas instead of selling out 50 shows in London! Most people love 80's Michael. My personal favorite MJ era is the 90's, I just love Dangerous and History. Invincible holds a special place in my heart just for the joy it brought me when Michael released a brand-spankin new album! Not to mention, it was more R&B, which I love! People like to put him in this little box and I'm sorry, but just because he went through all this ridiculous controversey and bad press, doesn't mean he has to resort back to his pre-controversey music style. That would be boring and uninspired!

OneMoreChance

Saphster;231386 said:
WHY?? That's not a good reason. I'm sorry!

Maybe this exactly why the hell Michael stopped making albums. Because of people and even his own fans saying how he should stop trying to fit into today's contemporary music and should have stuck in the 80's and 70's world. He got so much crap when he released Invincible....poor Michael.

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to get all mean and such because I'm not this type of person but I get defensive for Michael. I feel like if he worked so hard on his songs...always trying to perfect them it was for a reason. He wanted his work to be accepted. To be enjoyed by all types of people.

I always said if I were a singer I'd so all types of music! From rock to r&b, techno to classical. I wouldn't want to stick in just one area. That's why Michael is the greatest singer/entertainer. He never stuck to the same old thing!

I agree Saph! That's what made Michael so wonderful! He could do just about any genre of music and make it awesome! He did work hard on his music and totally didn't get the recognition he deserved for "Invincible"! It's one of my favorites!

R e a f u

Saphster;231380 said:

Quoted for truth! Part of being creative is that you experiment and develop your style. You just have to, if you don't you become stagnant and eventually irrevalent all together. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael's 70's and 80's work. Billie Jean is my all time favourite song, but you can't keep doing that stereotypical 80's drum machine/synthesizer thing all the time. Music today has a certain sound, a certain feel to it, as an artist Michael would have had to adapt to it when producing new material. After all, you can't be called the King if you aren't setting a new standard with each decade...

Saphster

Palmyra, I'm not trying to eat you out or anything like that. I kinda got lost in the thrill of the argument for a sec. I understand we all like and dislike different things. I'm just stating my opinon as well...that is all. I don't want to drive you away though with my retaliating comments though. I don't want that.