New Leaked Song: \"Another Day\"

Palmyra

I'm not this type of person but I get defensive for Michael.

I feel the same way. Whenever people criticize Invincible's sales numbers, I always get angry, because Invincible was a good album (but, in my opinion, not as good as it could have been). I get especially angry when people criticize everything after 1995.

I guess it's good I never met Michael, because if I had been his producer, Invincible would have never gone out of the door. The only songs I would release would be The Lost Children and You Rock My World.

But I shouldn't be selfish with his music; others feel differently about Michael's experimentation. My criticism of his music has no bearing on my being a fan. I always, always criticize Thriller 25 (because of the remixes), Blood On the Dance Floor (mainly because of how little new material there is on it), and Invincible (mainly because of the R&B sound).

Palmyra, I'm not trying to eat you out or anything like that.

It's totally cool. I don't mind disagreements! I am a fan as well, and I can see where you're coming from.

oldschoolfan

I think Michael is Michael, wether it's 70's, 80's, 90's, whatever. I don't think there is really any debate over wether Michael should have stayed with a certain type of music, I don't think anyone can really say 'his 80's music was REAL music', etc. because in the end the style of music each individual person thinks is best will be based on what you personally like. If someone likes the old school Michael better then cool, but others may like his 90's stuff better because it was HIS music, he wasn't under Quincy's wing so his music was more personal. His older stuff doesn't have so much music about his personal feelings on things, then when he came out with Dangerous he was writing songs like HTW, BOW and WYBT (take not that MITM was not written by Michael). Then HIStory came out and he was pissed and laying into people. He did't have so much of that 20-30 years ago, I think Michael was still finding himself back then.
I like Michael's personal music that he has written from the heart. But if I'm in more of a party mood I'll mosh out to OTW and Thriller and some Jacksons.
Anyway my point is, I don't think Michael should have stuck to a single/similar style, everyone has there own preferences but that doesn't take away his talent, in the end it's what YOU like, Michael made enough styles of music for all.

Saphster

Amy I feel the same way too. I love his recent stuff and also from the 90's. I think his Dangerous and HIStory were as close to Michael as a person that you can get. He expressed concern, love, and peace in Dangerous and released a lot of his anger and frustrations on HIStory. I loved that. I felt like I got a better idea of who he was as a man from those albums. I still love BAD, and Thriller though, to death. But, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible have to be my favs.

You should listen to the song. I want to know how you feel about it after listening to it. Hopefully, you have enough credit to watch it. *crosses fingers* Cause I know you can't watch so many vids.

Mack Dogg

Pirate.;231413 said:
I know we're not on good terms right now but I rofl'd.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that! LOL! MJ was a trendsetter. Singers today were and are still doing Michael-type music anyway. He mastered every genre of music, that's why he's the KING!

Juniorlady

Asides from the stupid DJ interrupting, this clip sound pretty good; I'm already into it.:) If this is just a snippet, imagine how the full song sounds. Why is it always snippets and never the whole thing?

LittleSusie50

I absolutely love old school Michael, i.e Shake Your Body, Off the Wall, Good Times, but I also love when he steps out the box and does something unusual, something you would not expect from him, like Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, Give in to Me, Morphine, Cheater, etc. He has/had so many layers to his musical genius. I love it, and miss it deeply...:8-26-03respect:

oldschoolfan

Saphster;231408 said:
Amy I feel the same way too. I love his recent stuff and also from the 90's. I think his Dangerous and HIStory were as close to Michael as a person that you can get. He expressed concern, love, and peace in Dangerous and released a lot of his anger and frustrations on HIStory. I loved that. I felt like I got a better idea of who he was as a man from those albums. I still love BAD, and Thriller though, to death. But, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible have to be my favs.

Totally, and I think BOTDF has elements of his addicition problem (i.e. Morphine), and Invincible was partly about his children. I think his older music is more dance, his newer music is more message.

Saphster;231408 said:
You should listen to the song. I want to know how you feel about it after listening to it. Hopefully, you have enough credit to watch it. *crosses fingers* Cause I know you can't watch so many vids.

I totally listened to it! Amy like! His voice sounds as though it was recorded years ago like the early 90's or something, and it's really powerful. My only issue is that there is a bit too much music to it, I think a lot of music these days is about the MUSIC and not the music (if that makes even remote sense, but if you feel the same way you'll know exactly what I'm saying). I hope it gets released. Does anyone know if an album is ever going to get released? I'd presume eventually something would, I'd really like to have an album with un-released songs from all eras. But God forbid, ANOTHER greatest hits album...:uh_uh:

SexyChica

Didn't get a chance to hear the snippet before it got pulled from YouTube. My only thing is when was it done? If it was after MJ left Sony, then why is Sony claiming copyright?

Well for those that got to hear it, I hope you enjoyed it.

Shannon

SexyChica;231460 said:
Didn't get a chance to hear the snippet before it got pulled from YouTube. My only thing is when was it done? If it was after MJ left Sony, then why is Sony claiming copyright?

Well for those that got to hear it, I hope you enjoyed it.

It was during the Invincible sessions, so I guess they do have copyright. :unsure:

Saphster

HeavenSent;231474 said:
Phoney needs to stop. The leaks are coming from someone in their camp.

SO effin true!

I can only imagine how many other amazing songs he created! I just get excited thinking about it. Sony needs to take that stick out their...mouth!

edit: ALERT! Video from Lenny Kravitz about the leaked song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL7wOwoGSNw

Here is another video of the snippet of the song in case no one has heard it. There's a TON of them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW_n_YqPhII

oldschoolfan

What's the Lenny Kravitz video about? I ran out of internet credit after watching videos AGAIN (fail), I must must must resist! No! Bad Amy! No videos! Don't start arguing, you can't afford it! Because I said so that's why! Don't start whining, or you can go sit in the corner and think about it... *slams door*

Saphster

oldschoolfan;231498 said:
What's the Lenny Kravitz video about? I ran out of internet credit after watching videos AGAIN (fail), I must must must resist! No! Bad Amy! No videos! Don't start arguing, you can't afford it! Because I said so that's why! Don't start whining, or you can go sit in the corner and think about it... *slams door*

Well he set the record straight by saying he did NOT leak the song because it is in a vault. Hmmm...that brings us back to what Carla said earlier about it being leaked from Phoney. Also he was just talking about his experience with Michael and how they both loved music. It was pretty touching to hear another artist speak positive of Michael ...

Palmyra

You should listen to the song.

I will have to listen to it a capella for me to see if I like it. I listen to it again, but the song doesn't sound polished. The vocals are fine, but the instrumental is bothering me.

Hopefully, you have enough credit to watch it. *crosses fingers* Cause I know you can't watch so many vids.

Credits? I can play any song or video over and over and over (or have it automatically replay a million times), because I have unlimited Internet access. :) The whole idea of Internet credits sounds wrong to me. You should be able to listen to and watch whatever you feel like however many times you want.

oldschoolfan

Saphster was talking to me in regards to listening to it and having enough credit. I have pre-paid broadband internet so I have to buy my internet and if I watch too many videos, etc. it will use up my credit really quickly. I get $15 of credit and it gives me 500megabytes.

Saphster

oldschoolfan;231516 said:
Saphster was talking to me in regards to listening to it and having enough credit. I have pre-paid broadband internet so I have to buy my internet and if I watch too many videos, etc. it will use up my credit really quickly. I get $15 of credit and it gives me 500megabytes.

I didn't even know they had pre-paid internet! I have a pre-paid cellphone. I wouldn't be able to have prepaid internet...I watch way too many videos online. I give you props!

HeavenSent

from tmz...but still..

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/04/michael-jack...tz-another-day/

Jackson Estate, Sony Pulling Leaked Track
Posted Jan 4th 2010 1:58PM by TMZ Staff

Every Michael Jackson fan was overjoyed at the new song that leaked this weekend -- everyone except his record label, Lenny Kravitz and all of Michael's lawyers.

Sources tell TMZ the Jackson song, called "Another Day" and done with Lenny Kravitz, was never meant to see the light of day. We're told Sony, with the support of Jackson's estate lawyers, wants to have the song pulled off the Internet.

For his part, Lenny Kravitz posted a video saying he didn't leak the song and he has no idea how it got out there.

He says the song is not mixed and not a final version.

_____
Ok we get that. It's not a final version. But you know what? I still happen to think its them leaking it. That whole 'just a snippet' mess is a red flag. Record labels never give us more than just enough to test the waters.

All of this is Sony's fault and they need to stop playing the victim all the time. Ever since reading that interview from those ex-execs, the more I think that NO ONE in that conglomerate has Michael's legacy in their best interests. They're always all up in arms whenever something like this happens, and yet they take their sweet time doing anything legitimate! I mean, why is it that everytime they release something of Michael's, it's half ass, (This Is It soundtrack) but when something "half ass" gets leaked, its "OMG! Take it down!"

Please!!!!

The longer you sit on all these gold mines, the more likely you're gonna get stuff leaked. It's not rocket science.

I feel badly for Lenny, though.

I hope the estate doesn't get suckered either, thinking that Sony's got their backs. They care about nothing but the bottom line.