Official 29th Court Hearings Thread

Black Loafers

Scince I heard that interview when Michael spoke about coughing up blood I really do hope he feels better and is not in pain....

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Black Loafers
Scince I heard that interview when Michael spoke about coughing up blood I really do hope he feels better and is not in pain....
He says he feels fine. He looked very good yesterday!

Prosecutors May Delve Into Jackson's Past

31 minutes ago

By TIM MOLLOY, Associated Press Writer

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Prosecutors in the Michael Jackson case have waited more than a decade for what a judge has now granted them: the chance to tell jurors about past sexual abuse allegations that never led to criminal charges.

In a blow to Jackson's defense, Judge Rodney S. Melville ruled Monday that prosecutors can introduce evidence that the pop star molested or had designs on five boys, including actor Macaulay Culkin and two youngsters who reached multimillion-dollar settlements with the singer.

Prosecutors say the evidence will show Jackson's behavior with his current accuser follows a pattern of abuse that included molesting one boy in 1990 and another in 1993. Both received settlements in 1994.

"I think there's probably a feeling that at least there will be some justice in regards to the events from '93 and '94," said Jim Thomas, an NBC News analyst and former Santa Barbara County Sheriff who investigated the cases. "It will show the jury and other people that there's more to this than what has been portrayed in this case so far."

Witnesses testifying Tuesday were expected to include Stan J. Katz, the psychologist who interviewed Jackson's current accuser...

:3nav http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...michael_jackson

IrishFaery

"It will show the jury and other people that there's more to this than what has been portrayed in this case so far."

Ahh yes. And we are waiting with bated breath and umbrellas for when your shady shit hits the fan and starts flying all over the place.

"I think there's probably a feeling that at least there will be some justice in regards to the events from '93 and '94," said Jim Thomas, an NBC News analyst and former Santa Barbara County Sheriff who investigated the cases. "It will show the jury and other people that there's more to this than what has been portrayed in this case so far."

But you see Jim Thomas the introduction of prior investigation's within the current case is only to reveal a supposed pattern towards, Michael behaviour involving children. Not to persecute a man on previous allegation's where a settlement had been reached. This man is not being tried on these previous incidence's, but only on the current accusation's.

mixahl

Originally posted by Black Loafers

When did he say that? At the Jesse Jackson interview..?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
:camera MSNBC: Dawn Hobbs Rpt March 29 2005

Description:

Accessible for now

Air date: March 29 2005

Dawn Hobbs talks generally about credibility issues with these "witnesses"
-says she's learned that Culkin is one of 3 of these people (that she knows of) who have previously agreed to cooperate with the defense

IrishFaery

It's interesting how they keep referring to this as a "blow to the defense" when the defense didn't seem to fight too hard to keep it out. Their only argument seemed to be how lame it was and that the judge was going back on his word not to allow something in as a means to bolster a weak case.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Contribute

:camera MSNBC: Ron Richards Comments March 29 2005

Description:
Air date: March 29 2005

Ron Richards
-says the defense could bring in the real "accused victims" who will say nothing happened
-says Sneddon will look like the biggest liar in prosecutorial history
-says he believes the defense will probably call Culkin
-says if he comes on the witness stand and says nothing happened, it will a death knell in the prosecution's case

(most of Susan Filan's nonsense is edited out)

Excerpt:

RON RICHARDS: Well, great attorneys win tough cases and his game plan is gonna be very simple. He's gonna bring in the real accused victims and they're gonna get on the stand and they're gonna say this never happened. Then Tom Sneddon is gonna look like the biggest liar in prosecutorial history.

RICHARDS: First of all, he was probably watching the proceedings yesterday and went like this (mimicking famous Home Alone expression) because he couldn't believe what was happening yesterday. The defense is I believe will call Macaulay Culkin. And the fact that he's not on a witness list -- I mean under subpoena or the fact that he hasn't publicly come out and say (sic) that he's going to be testifying is really irrelevant.

He's a friendly defense witness and I think that if he comes on that witness stand and says look 'these people don't even know me', 'these people have been in litigation with Michael Jackson', 'these people have a financial interest', 'I'm the guy that is accused of being a victim here and nothing happened to me', that's gonna be a death knell in this case. And it's gonna work backwards and I hope that the prosecution reconsiders going down that route.

HeavenSent

I'll start digging the grave for Sneddon. Someone hand me a shovel. I really truly think this is going to backfire BIG TIME.

Sneddon's got himself into some deep mess.

MJJ_Angel_16

Here you go heaven sent:)

shovel.jpg

:D

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by HeavenSent
I'll start digging the grave for Sneddon. Someone hand me a shovel. I really truly think this is going to backfire BIG TIME.

Sneddon's got himself into some deep mess.
Chile the prosecution has dug their own graves with this nonsense. All we have to do is sit back and watch.