Official American Music Awards Thread

Saphster

I missed it. But, from all the posts I've read...some were hilarious btw...it was pretty lame. So, I guess I didn't miss much. Can't get too excited that he won 4 awards...

I want him to be here...

Lil MJ

I knew Mike would win the awards he was nominated for. I always believe in him and all his true fans for voting for him like us. Even tho Taylor Swift won Artist Of The Year, its all good cuz like it was stated by Danielle, Taylor may be the artist of the year but Michael is the artist of the milennium. Remember the AMA's gave him that award back in 2002? He's the greatest artist (singer/dancer/writer/producer/composer/choreographer/director/architect/fashion trendsetter) of all time! Congrats Mike! We love you MORE! =]

oldschoolfan

I saw Taylor on the news saying that to be in the same catagory as Michael was an honour in itself. Let's look at it this way, at least it was TAYLOR that won over Michael, not some disrespectful twat.

Mack Dogg

I saw the award show. Glad Mike won. I'm also glad that Taylor Swift got her wins too. They were neck and neck in award wins that one award was the tie breaker. I loved Taylor's acceptance speech, showing love to Mike and the Jacksons. I'm probably the one one on this message board that wasn't bothered by Jermaine being the spokesman for the family.

Dimplecheeks

I was disapointed with Janet Jackson's performance. She looked tired and sluggish. I have no idea what she was wearing.

But i'm glad Michael made history :D

But not so glad that media whore of a borther went to accept the awards on the Kings behalf. Would have been better if janet did that instead

HeavenSent

Jermaine is all good for accepting the award, but there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way... :unsure: Even when he was talking about, "Mike is love", why did I want to yell 'shut up'? I know it's wrong to feel that way about someone who obviously loves Michael and wants to keep his light burning, but he doesn't have that genuine-ness about him that Michael did.

Yeah, I guess that's what it is.

OneMoreChance

oldschoolfan;227400 said:
I saw Taylor on the news saying that to be in the same catagory as Michael was an honour in itself. Let's look at it this way, at least it was TAYLOR that won over Michael, not some disrespectful twat.

Yeah, i could have been Eminem that won AOTY! That jackass went home with nothing!

OneMoreChance

HeavenSent;227419 said:
Jermaine is all good for accepting the award, but there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way... :unsure: Even when he was talking about, "Mike is love", why did I want to yell 'shut up'? I know it's wrong to feel that way about someone who obviously loves Michael and wants to keep his light burning, but he doesn't have that genuine-ness about him that Michael did.

Yeah, I guess that's what it is.

Girl, Jermaine has always rubbed me the wrong way! Lately it seems to me tha he is trying to be Michael. Maybe it's just his way of paying tribute to Michael, but it doesn't seem like that to me. He's wearing the glove, dressing more like Michael and flashing peace signs everywhere! It's just creepy! I can't help it!

Cristine87

Jeniffer30;227428 said:
He's wearing the glove, dressing more like Michael and flashing peace signs everywhere!

Yeah, exactly! He be wearing the aviator shades and everything and everytime there's something that has to do with Michael, he's there front and center. Anytime an award show is paying tribute to Michael, the Larry King invasion at Neverland, etc. there's Jermaine! He just seems to be using his brother's death to be all in the spotlight! I don't see other members of the family trying to "represent" Michael eveywhere.

danaluvsmj

Janet really nailed it last night. I loved her performance.

It sucks that Michael lost artist of the year to Taylor Swift. I think I might do a Kanye on her.

Why the hell the Jermaine accept Michael's awards and not Janet? I would have rather seen her up there.

Cristine87

danaluvsmj;227438 said:
It sucks that Michael lost artist of the year to Taylor Swift. I think I might do a Kanye on her.

Oh please don't! That'll just make her win more awards!:lolI do like Taylor and I like the fact that she acknowledged Michael. She came off as very humble and sweet just like our Michael!:)

Saphster

oldschoolfan;227415 said:
Well it's true, it could have been Joe...:glare:

LMAO!

You guys really don't like him! :lol Papa Joe is hard to understand.

I don't like Jermaine either. I feel like he tries acting TOO much like Michael. It's like...you could never be like him so quit the acting. Well....I don't know.

All the Jacksons are hard to understand!

Originally Posted by danaluvsmj
I think I might do a Kanye on her.

Cristine87;227441 said:
Oh please don't! That'll just make her win more awards!:lolI do like Taylor and I like the fact that she acknowledged Michael. She came off as very humble and sweet just like our Michael!:)

Exactly! Please don't, Dana! :glare: