Official April 15, 2005

Aaliyah

52636554.jpg

52636555.jpg

52636556.jpg

Aaliyah

Jackson Accuser's Mom Admits Earlier Lies

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The mother of Michael Jackson's young accuser acknowledged lying under oath twice in an unrelated case during a furious exchange Friday with the pop star's lawyer, who tried to portray the woman as a con artist.

Attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. barraged the woman with rapid-fire questions and insinuations during an intense day of cross-examination, and she responded with long-winded answers that often strayed from the subject, prompting Judge Rodney S. Melville to admonish both sides.

Mesereau, attempting to shatter the mother's credibility, focused many of his questions on the woman's lawsuit against a department store. The family received more than $150,000 in 2001 after alleging they were roughed up by JC Penney security guards.

Mesereau noted that in a sworn statement, the woman said she had never been abused by her husband at the time – an important issue, because her alleged injuries may have been caused by such violence.

"You were not telling the truth under oath when you made those statements," Mesereau said.

The woman eventually responded, "This is correct," but explained that she lied because she was embarrassed about the abuse.

She also acknowledged being untruthful when she said in the lawsuit that her husband was honest.

Earlier, the witness testified that she gave a poor performance on a videotaped interview in which she praised Jackson, saying she is a "bad actress." Mesereau fired back: "I think you're a good one."

The judge chastised Mesereau for the remark and told the woman to refrain from delivering long answers unrelated to attorneys' questions, telling her, "It's as much your fault."

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old former cancer patient, plying the boy with alcohol, and holding his family captive at his Neverland ranch and elsewhere in February and March 2003 to get them to help rebut a damaging documentary.

Jackson's lawyers have suggested that the child-molestation charges were concocted by the boy's mother in an attempt to shake down Jackson for money.

The mother said Jackson associates gave her a precise script to follow in the rebuttal video but later told her she had strayed too far from it, leading to the comments on her acting skills.

The woman testified that everything on the video – even breaks where the boy complains about his seat and the family laughs at jokes – was scripted by Jackson aides. At one point on the tape, the boy speaks at great length about the agonies of undergoing cancer treatment.

"Do you believe what (he) was saying was the truth or not?" Mesereau asked the boy's mother.

"I believe what he was saying was according to a script," she said.

The woman suggested that she met with one of Jackson's associates 10 times at Neverland to discuss what she would say on the video. Mesereau noted that she had never said this before in interviews with police or prosecutors, and suggested she was trying to enhance her story.

Asked about a report she made against her ex-husband accusing him of molesting her daughter, the woman refused to answer the question directly and instead turned to the jury and said, "No, he's wrong." But ultimately, she agreed she had made such a report.

Earlier in the day, prosecutors concluded their questioning of the woman by showing jurors videotapes found in a private investigator's office to demonstrate that Jackson associates had closely monitored the boy's family while he, his mother and siblings were allegedly being held captive by Jackson at Neverland.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
>> Abrams Report: Taibbi + Bachner April 14 2005 A

Submitted Date: 2005/4/15
Description:
Air date: April 15 2005

Amazing day of cross-examination of Janet Arvizo, accuser's mother. Mike Taibbi reports. Michael Bachner and a delusional Susan Filan (prosecutor) on the panel.

Air date: April 15 2005

Taibbi
-mother admitted she lied under oath
-says the mother even accused her previous lawyers for the JCPenney lawsuit of lying, claiming she told them to change her deposition testimony and they didn't do it for her
-says the jurors weren't looking at her when she would turn to them when answering a question
-says the jurors all looked at that rebuttal interview (that was never broadcast) today which was played for the fourth time during the trial

Michael Bachner (atty for Vincent Amen)
-says her credibility is seriously at issue here
-says it’s a very bad sign for the prosecution if jurors aren't looking at her when she's addressing them
-says Amen never told the mother anything about "killers"
-says it's an absolute lie
-says the urine sample allegation is blatantly ridiculous
-says Amen didn't have anything to do with a spilled urine sample

They talk about body waxing
-(my note: why the hell is she getting any waxing at all right after she allegedly "escaped" from Neverland? Why not call the cops?)

Bachner
-says her entire demeanor comes across as a strong woman; yells at Mesereau, stands up on her own
-says the jurors are going to asking themselves if this woman is the kind of woman too afraid to speak out and call the police
-says there was no kidnapping and it should never have been brought

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Trace G (Fox): Says the mother used bruises on her body claiming the JC Penney security guards put them there, when now she claims the biological father abused her.
-says the mother admitted to lying in that JC Penney deposition
-(my note: this is important because this is both lying and falsifying evidence to get more money)
-says Mesereau brought up the fact that she had police officers who were friends of hers
-says when Mesereau asked her why didn't she call any of her many police friends for help during their alleged "hostage" situation, she said she didn't want to "inconvenience" them :lol:

MJISHOT

Originally posted by whisper

-says when Mesereau asked her why didn't she call any of her many police friends for help during their alleged "hostage" situation, she said she didn't want to "inconvenience" them :lol:
omg! lmfao!!!! :crackingu

Originally posted by whisper
Trace G (Fox):

Now THAT'S a classic...... :crackingu

minnie michael

Originally posted by aaliyah
capt.mjt13204152259.michael_jackson_mjt132.jpg

how cute he is..i love those pics Mike hided his mama's behind..xix and smiling..very cute... :D

great job Mez..we are proud of you..and i tries my best to catch up with this long thread..and is full of how crazy that bitch is..and jury has no interest in her lies..cool...

and our victory is near and near to us...and love Miss Bian's comment..Michael will shock this world and prove how brillient and smart and innocent he is..Michael will tell those ignorant people who he is...Michael..we are lookinng forward to...... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

sistahlamb

Trace G (Fox):
-says when Mesereau asked her why didn't she call any of her many police friends for help during their alleged "hostage" situation, she said she didn't want to "inconvenience" them

You better be f**king kidding me!!!!
This is starting to get completly ridiculus, I can't believe she still sticking to her sorry ass story.
It's pretty sad now.

megan23

oh my God! :crackingu I just came on here and bam this is the first thing I see and I am cracking up over here, God the jurors have to be rolling in laughter this weekend over this mom, i know I AM! :lol:

SpecialJanet25

You know what sad about this woman. She had the nerve to hide her face when she claims she's honest and wants justice. Well honey, You said, in your own words, "Don't judge me", Don't judge me". You had just walk in Michael's shoes when people judge him. You brought Michael into this mess with your lies and you can't have the courage to show your face to the media. This man is fighting for his life here and she just made a totally fool of yourself. You're not seeking justice for your alleged abuse son. You just want to see an innocent man suffer because of your greed for money.

BOOYAH!! *buttdance*

So it's an 'inconvienience' to call the freakin POLICE for help, when it's their job? LMAO what kinda etiquette does she know...wait. We know.

It is a part of Arvizo etiquette to nab money off someone ya don't like.