Official May 12 2005 thread

Cristine87

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
He also told Jackson that the entertainer was "looking so sexy" during the taping.

"Women are going to be taking their pants off and throwing them at the screen," Bashir said.

WTF? ****ing weirdo!

Frenchy

Originally posted by alfredo
Why is the DA asking questions about MJ's sexuality? He does not care if MJ is homosexual(the evidence says he isn't). He wants a few of the men on that jury to fear the "homo". Of course, rational people would cast this off. But fear is seed of irrational thoughts.

Wow, Alfredo, your comments are totally impressive. I must admit that I am still a little bothered sometimes by the fact that some MJ fans are not as open minded as one think they would be. To hear someone say that "Well, Mike's not gay but I wouldn't care if he were" instead of "What are you saying you f***ing a***" is what I call open mindedness. Good for you. :thumbsup

But just to come back to the gay thing, I really think what Mr. Idiot is trying to do here is to basically say that if Mike is gay, there's more of a chance that he could be a child molester. And that's why the persecution insists so much on the fact that there are way more boys involved than girls. In the end, it all comes down to, not fear, but rather ignorance: fear comes from ignorance because people are scared of what they don't know or don't understand (see "Ghosts"). Racism, homophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia, chauvinism... -- it's all ignorance.

Love your neighbor, love one another, that's all I have to say. I'm sure Mike would agree. We love you Mike.

Tamiele

I can't say whether Michael taking the stand is a good idea or not, personally I think he would be fine - if he is feeling good on that particular day. God help him if his back is acting up during a day of cross-examination. What I do believe, though, is that IF he does take the stand that ties it all up - there will be no stone left unturned so to speak - like there is nothing further the media could spin like "well he didn't take the stand in his own defence so perhaps guilty blah blah blah" just like allowing the 93 stuff in has been a good thing for Mike to clear it all up. Not sure if I made any sense or not.

Originally posted by Mack Dogg
Oh and what's this I hear that Tom "Idiot" Sneddon is bringing more victims in? The Prosection rested. They had their chance.

Yep & they're bitching about wanting to bring in more "victims" in, they ALREADY had their Chance & they BLEW IT!!!!

alfredo

Originally posted by Frenchy
Wow, Alfredo, your comments are totally impressive. I must admit that I am still a little bothered sometimes by the fact that some MJ fans are not as open minded as one think they would be. To hear someone say that "Well, Mike's not gay but I wouldn't care if he were" instead of "What are you saying you f***ing a***" is what I call open mindedness. Good for you. :thumbsup

But just to come back to the gay thing, I really think what Mr. Idiot is trying to do here is to basically say that if Mike is gay, there's more of a chance that he could be a child molester. And that's why the persecution insists so much on the fact that there are way more boys involved than girls. In the end, it all comes down to, not fear, but rather ignorance: fear comes from ignorance because people are scared of what they don't know or don't understand (see "Ghosts"). Racism, homophobia, antisemitism, xenophobia, chauvinism... -- it's all ignorance.

Love your neighbor, love one another, that's all I have to say. I'm sure Mike would agree. We love you Mike.

That's exactly my point. None of this is relavent. I (we) love MJ for who he is. I don't have to ask questions that are none of my business. I don't want to know about his finances or his sex life. I pray that he is healthy, safe, and happy. Period.

All of these people (Sneddon and the media) want to win at any cost.

So what if I cross the line ethically to introduce or suggest irrelavent (gay/hetero) information. I win.

So what if I label all gay/lesbians as defiants not worthy of personal trust or child rearing responsibility. I win.

So what if I set the cause of equality back 20 years. I win

So what if I single-handlely add 10-20 million gays/lesbians to the national pedophile registry. I win.

I win by making you afraid of MJ and/or some imaginary homo (for effect) out for your kids.

I win because you're afraid to raise your voice in support of real justice.

Frenchy, we (as a nation [mostly our president]) are not afraid to wage war in Iraq for the cause of freedom and justice. Why are we afraid to do the same here at home? The two topics at first might seem irrelavant but what drove us to war in Iraq - fear of WMD. This is a country of very intelligent people of vast means however, we're too lazy to study the facts and too afraid to be wrong and even more afraid to be right. We just want to be in the majority.

These talking heads are feeding off that. Tom Sneddon has built a career off fear. Look what happen to Gary Dunlop when he challenged Sneddon for his prosecutorial racial profiling. Sneddon got away with that for so long because californians in his district were afraid of loosing thier jobs and identity to hispanics and hispanics were too disenfranchised to protect their own. Of course, he brings the all-to-willing media (Diane Demon) along for the ride and a little show-n-tell!!!

my opinion :thumbsup

floacist

Frenchy, we (as a nation [mostly our president]) are not afraid to wage war in Iraq for the cause of freedom and justice. Why are we afraid to do the same here at home? The two topics at first might seem irrelavant but what drove us to war in Iraq - fear of WMD. This is a country of very intelligent people of vast means however, we're too lazy to study the facts and too afraid to be wrong and even more afraid to be right. We just want to be in the majority.

Can I just say that I love you?I dont know who you are and I havent seen many of your posts but that comment right there just says it all. Props,Bravo,Thank you,gracias..wow just thank you. :thumbsup

maintenant

Originally posted by sistahlamb
No, I don't think so.

Why do you think they decided to show the Bashir outakes yesterday??? It was a genius move on the defence's part. In that interview, he explianed everything that he would have said had he taken the witness stand. Those tapes were like a subtitute for his testimony--without cross-examination.

Meserau said in his opening statements that the jury "will be hearing from Mr. Jackson". Maybe those tapes were what he meant.

Very good point, sistahlamb--those outtakes said whatever Michael needed to say without the possibility of cross-examination (although I do think he could handle the cross just fine, but it's great hear his testimony "pure" without the defiling filth of prosecutor questions).

Frenchy

we (as a nation [mostly our president]) are not afraid to wage war in Iraq for the cause of freedom and justice. Why are we afraid to do the same here at home?

Sorry, Alfredo, but I have to strongly disagree here. You're forgetting about the nice constitutional amendment that our bigot president wants to introduce. Now, if THAT's not ignorance and prejudice, I don't know what it is!!! "Freedom and justice"?? Really?? :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow Please. Obviously, not for Mike, not for blacks, not for gays...

"Tired of injustice... Tired of the schemes..."
"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us!"

alfredo

Originally posted by Frenchy
Sorry, Alfredo, but I have to strongly disagree here. You're forgetting about the nice constitutional amendment that our bigot president wants to introduce. Now, if THAT's not ignorance and prejudice, I don't know what it is!!! "Freedom and justice"?? Really?? :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow Please. Obviously, not for Mike, not for blacks, not for gays...

"Tired of injustice... Tired of the schemes..."
"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us!"

My comments on that were satirical and sarcastic. That's what they told us ("Freedom and Justice") and many of us americans ate it all up. Now we have 2000 dead soldiers, 300 billion less in the bank, and less "Freedom and Justice" everywhere, especially here!!! I'm quite sacastic sometimes its hard to pick that up in a written message. We're eye-to-eye :lol: