Mike Taibbi reports
Daniel Horowitz comments
Susan Filan gets shut down by Bain

Big Story: Napolitano comments Re: Culkin testimony May 11 2005
Submitted Date: 2005/5/12
Description:
Air date: May 11 2005

Big Story w/ Gibson
Napolitano talking about Culkin's testimony.
-Host acts like he doesn't want to hear how well Culkin did
-Napolitano says Culkin could have been subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury if the prosecution really wanted to force him to tell his side of the story before now

Court TV: Dimond Re: Bashir outtakes May 11 2005

Description:

Dimond talking about the Bashir outtakes

(caution: this is her report about it. she has a tendency to try to downplay things that are incredibly detrimental to the prosecution)

Studio B: Drew Findling comments Re: Culkin May 11 2005

Description:

Drew Findling comments Re: Culkin testimony

excerpt:

DREW FINDLING: …But I do want to say this. And that is, they addressed this issue because the prosecution opened this door. I agree that we shouldn't have gotten into all this past stuff. But that wasn't the defense's choice. They didn't want this to happen. Now if the prosecution wants to play this game, it's time for Mesereau to shove it down their throat. And boy, did he today!

Court TV: Steve Futterman comments Re: Culkin May 11 2005

Description:

Steve Futterman comments regarding Culkin testimony

A

Anonymous

How lovely to know that Sneddon is called an idiot. :lol:

Thank you whisper!

-MyAngelMJ-

Who is gonna take the stand today?? Did the Defense get to show the out takes video completely yesterday.. Or are they gonna continue with it today?

BTW.. Glad that finally some one called Sneedon an Idiot on national TV. LOL :)

HeavenSent

I hope to hear something more about the tapes

Thank you whisper! :)

Galenter you're alright w/me. Never heard of you, but anyone calling Sneddon an idiot on the air is a-okay!

sistahlamb

I just got through reading something about the outakes in the New Articles section.

I thnk there were 4 hours of that footage to be shown to the jury and I'm not sure if they have finished showing all of it.

Looking to today I wonder what qitness will take the stand next.

MJISHOT

I cant tell you guys how happy i am right now! I missed what happened yesterday, didnt even know mac had testified until i got up for work this morning and saw it on the early morning news. It was splashed all over the front page of the local paper ''Culkin: Jackson never mollested me!'' and it just made me smile so much! They had no choice but to print the positive stuff!
What pisses me off tho, is that people try and make out he is lying.... what i want to know is, why would anyone say they wernt abused if they were? come on now! And he's obviously still good friends with Michael. Would you stay close friends with someone who abused you? would you be godfather to the son of the man who abused you! I think not!!! :hitting
well done mac! :thumbsup

HeavenSent

Originally posted by MJISHOT
I cant tell you guys how happy i am right now! I missed what happened yesterday, didnt even know mac had testified until i got up for work this morning and saw it on the early morning news. It was splashed all over the front page of the local paper ''Culkin: Jackson never mollested me!'' and it just made me smile so much!
Girl you missed some magic yesterday!

Mac did great. Did you get a chance to read some of his comments? Perfect. :popcorn

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by MJISHOT
I cant tell you guys how happy i am right now! I missed what happened yesterday, didnt even know mac had testified until i got up for work this morning and saw it on the early morning news. It was splashed all over the front page of the local paper ''Culkin: Jackson never mollested me!'' and it just made me smile so much! They had no choice but to print the positive stuff!
What pisses me off tho, is that people try and make out he is lying.... what i want to know is, why would anyone say they wernt abused if they were? come on now! And he's obviously still good friends with Michael. Would you stay close friends with someone who abused you? would you be godfather to the son of the man who abused you! I think not!!! :hitting
well done mac! :thumbsup

My friend, People don't have common sense. They want to see Michael go down. Unfortuately for them, YOU CAN NOT BRING DOWN THE KING OF POP. This man is a SURVIVOR. You made an excellent point. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO BE FRIENDS AT SOMEONE WHO ABUSED YOU? I don't think so!

Eboni

That video was just right Whisper :thumbsup

-I believe that every one is now seeing clearly....( Although they are a bit late)....now that the SMUT is being wiped clean.

-That :sneddoncr ..is a very mean-spirited a$$hole and I think that the state or somebody should look into his backgroung and so forth and see if they could charge him for HARRASSMENT AND OR CORRUPTION!!!

sistahlamb

I just found this article about the outakes shown yesterday but there was one thing included in it that kinda worries me--it's in bold.

Jurors hear Jackson voice his innocent love of children and deep loneliness
Wed May 11, 2005
Source: YahooNews

Jurors at Michael Jackson's trial heard the singer voicing his innocent love of children, his overwhelming loneliness and his anger at critics who called him "wacko."

The self-crowned "King of Pop" appeared in a two-year-old videotaped interview, and court-watchers believe that may be as close as he'll get to testifying at his own trial.

"Everything I do is inspired by children. If it weren't for children I'd throw in the towel. I'd have no reason to live," said Jackson, who is on trial for molesting a 13-year-old boy two years ago.

"I haven't been betrayed or deceived by children. Adults have let me down," he said. Sitting with his lawyers, Jackson daubed his eyes with a tissue as he watched himself on the screen.

The footage, shot by Jackson's personal videographer, was of an interview the singer gave to British journalist Martin Bashir during filming of the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson."

Many of Jackson's comments never made it into the final edit of Bashir's film which was broadcast in early 2003 and ultimately triggered the molestation charges the singer now faces.

The jurors, who watched the documentary at the start of the trial, were now able to hear the journalist's conversations with Jackson in their entirety, including the effusive praise Bashir lavished on his subject.

"My life, my romantic development was shaped by your records," Bashir said, adding that he believed Jackson had composed "some of the most beautiful pop music we have ever heard."

When Bashir testified as a prosecution witness early in the trial, Jackson's defence lawyers accused him of betraying the singer by misrepresenting his intentions in making the documentary.

The broadcast version famously showed Jackson holding hands with his future accuser and admitting to sharing his bed with children.

In the unedited footage shown to jurors on Wednesday, Jackson lashed out at the critics of his lifestyle.

"They are ignorant and I am prejudiced against ignorance," Jackson said, adding that he was targetted for being famous.

"They called me weird, strange, wacko. They said I'm a girl, a homosexual ... it is jealousy," he said. "I am Peter Pan in my heart."

The self-crowned "King of Pop" also told Bashir how his fame and success had left him isolated and depressed as a young man.

"I used to be very lonely, you have no idea," he said, his voice breaking with emotion as if holding back tears. "I would walk up to strangers and say will you be my friend."

Jackson said his level of depression was such that he used to shut himself in his room with just his animals and mannequins for company.

Of his charity work with children, the singer said his reward had been "God's smile of approval" and the knowledge that he brought some happiness into disadvantaged lives.

"I feel pure and good inside," he said, comparing the feeling to "taking a good shower."

"Mother Theresa's not here, Lady Di is not here, Audrey Hepburn is not here ... there is no voice for the voiceless," he said, portraying himself as an advocate for children around the world.

His prosecutors, on the other hand, have portrayed Jackson as a predatory pedophile, who lured young children to his fantasy-style Neverland Ranch, served them alcohol and molested them.

While several witnesses testified that Jackson would drink wine out of a Diet Coke can, he said in the interview he never took alcohol or drugs.

But when Bashir told him he did not like drinking alcohol on airplane flights, Jackson asked him: "You don't like a little bit of Jesus juice, a little bit of wine?" The pop star's young accuser has said Jackson had told him, at a time when he was recovering from cancer, that it was okay to drink wine, because it was "Jesus juice."

Jackson also denied he ever had any plastic surgery done on his face, other than two operations on his nose. He could be seen reapplying his make-up on several occasions during the interview.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...us_050512013247

MJISHOT

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Girl you missed some magic yesterday!

Mac did great. Did you get a chance to read some of his comments? Perfect. :popcorn
oh yes! Ive read the whole of yesterdays thread, i am so happy. He sounds like he was so confident and not nervous which is awesome!

MJISHOT

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25
My friend, People don't have common sense. They want to see Michael go down. Unfortuately for them, YOU CAN NOT BRING DOWN THE KING OF POP. This man is a SURVIVOR. You made an excellent point. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO BE FRIENDS AT SOMEONE WHO ABUSED YOU? I don't think so!
exactly, it just doesnt make any sense!!! :bs

anyway... do we know whats happening today? We dont have any pics yet.