Official May 20 2005 thread

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I think Geregos will finish his testimony soon today.

Does anyone know who might take the stand after him???
I think they said he was the only witness today.

Aaliyah

TSColdMan (MJJF)

Fox Update

---
Gallagher: He's a busy man. He has a trial going on in southern California. They accommodated him and brought him back today. I got to tell you, mark Geragos is very limited because he signed only a partial attorney-client waiver. Meaning that he's not going to answer a lot of questions. The judge has allowed it but he's not happy about it at all. He thinks the defense is trying to pull a fast one. He has already admonished Tom Mesereau. He may sanction Tom Mesereau. He may strike all of Mark Geragos' testimony. Right now Mark Geragos is very effective for the defense because he's taking the blame for a lot of these deeds that the prosecution has been trying to pin on Jackson's people. Geragos saying, "no. No, I was the one that had the accuser's family followed. I wanted to know who they were with, what they were doing." Geragos saying, "I didn't trust the family and I thought they were going to either go to the tabloids or get a lawyer to make false claims." So legal experts say that the whole idea of the accuser being hounded sounds more like aggressive lawyering.

Moret: I think Geragos comes across as truthful. I think in fact what Geragos was doing is a very aggressive kind of preventive defense strategy following these people. He has legitimate reason for it. Unless the D.A. can come up with something else I think the jury will buy his testimony.

Gallagher: I wish I could take you inside because this is a legal showdown. Three very talented attorneys going on. Ron, Mark Geragos, and Tom Mesereau rapid firing objections. It's a fascinating legal exercise. Jay leno will take the stand Tuesday morning bright and early and we're really in the final few weeks of this trial. We could have a verdict in this case three weeks.
---

sistahlamb

I was just on google looking for updates but the only ones I found were about the wiaver thing.

Nothing on MG's testim. yet.

sistahlamb

TSColdMan (MJJF)

Fox Update

---
Gallagher: He's a busy man. He has a trial going on in southern California. They accommodated him and brought him back today. I got to tell you, mark Geragos is very limited because he signed only a partial attorney-client waiver. Meaning that he's not going to answer a lot of questions. The judge has allowed it but he's not happy about it at all. He thinks the defense is trying to pull a fast one. He has already admonished Tom Mesereau. He may sanction Tom Mesereau. He may strike all of Mark Geragos' testimony. Right now Mark Geragos is very effective for the defense because he's taking the blame for a lot of these deeds that the prosecution has been trying to pin on Jackson's people. Geragos saying, "no. No, I was the one that had the accuser's family followed. I wanted to know who they were with, what they were doing." Geragos saying, "I didn't trust the family and I thought they were going to either go to the tabloids or get a lawyer to make false claims." So legal experts say that the whole idea of the accuser being hounded sounds more like aggressive lawyering.

Moret: I think Geragos comes across as truthful. I think in fact what Geragos was doing is a very aggressive kind of preventive defense strategy following these people. He has legitimate reason for it. Unless the D.A. can come up with something else I think the jury will buy his testimony.

Gallagher: I wish I could take you inside because this is a legal showdown. Three very talented attorneys going on. Ron, Mark Geragos, and Tom Mesereau rapid firing objections. It's a fascinating legal exercise. Jay leno will take the stand Tuesday morning bright and early and we're really in the final few weeks of this trial. We could have a verdict in this case three weeks.

3 weeks huh????
Well, it could happen you know. But I don't think the defence is gonna rest thier case next week as been reported in the media.

I give this trial until mid/late-June at the latest. But that's just my opinion.

LadyJackson

52957250.jpg

That dumbass judge betta not sanction my baby Mez!!!! :screaming :lol:

BTW, Mez is a hottie!! :lol:

Melville can kiss my ass...stupid, biased ****er :yuk Some people just cannot stand to see the TRUTH come out, I guess.. :thumbsdow

And LMAO @ that Messerau sign...funniest thing I've seen all day! :lol: Can't say I disagree with it, though! :D

Looking forward to hearing more about Geragos' testimony..Mark rules! :)

sistahlamb

OK, can we all please stop bitching about Smellville please...I think I've heard enough of it.

Was jay Leno barred from testifying????
If so, the judge is an idiot because he ws also hit up for money by the mother and the badgering got so bad he called the police.
There are police/phone records to corraborate this.

SpecialJanet25

3 weeks huh????
Well, it could happen you know. But I don't think the defence is gonna rest thier case next week as been reported in the media.

I give this trial until mid/late-June at the latest. But that's just my opinion.

Raymone Bain repeated denied the defense will rest their case next week. We don't know what the defense strategy is or when their case concluded. I wouldn't pay attention the media because they are always spining the facts here.

OK, can we all please stop bitching about Smellville please...I think I've heard enough of it.

If so, the judge is an idiot because he ws also hit up for money by the mother and the badgering got so bad he called the police.

Yet, you've just proceeded to complain about him again! :lol: Shows how much he sucks *sometimes, at least* ...LOL :bs

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
jrsfan @ May 20 2005 at MJJF

MSNBC Jennifer London just did an update. Said Geragos testified that family's stufff put in storage because she was going to move in with her boyfriend and wanted help moving.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
AllForMJ at MJJF

Geragos tried to have the furniture delivered to Dickerman's office, but Dickerman didn't want it. So, Geragos basically said, "Hey, the storage unit is paid up until June. If she wants her furniture, she knows where it is. We're outta this."

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
TSColdMan at MJJF

Little MSNBC update:

- Zonen asking questions in rapid fire manner
- Geragos is remaining calm and composed
- Geragos is not taking the bait
- Craig Smith (former prosecutor) said he is very believable and poised but almost seems to have a convenient forgetfulness like the passports finding their way into his evidence locker (whatever)
- Prosecution claiming Jackson was conspiring to take the family on one-way trip to Brazil
- Defense working hard to raise reasonable doubt on the conspiracy
- Geragos was fired for spending too much time on the Peterson case