official May 9 2005 thread

Aaliyah

Gail Goforth :
52778860.jpg

52778863.jpg

52778865.jpg

sistahlamb

Could be his back. I know I wouldn't be smiling if I had to wake up at the ass crack of dawn and sit in those hard ass chairs everyday. God, I feel for him, if that's the case.

Of course, I'm only speculating.

It could be just tiredness too.

Yeah you could be right.
He said the week before last week when asked by a journalist how bad his back hurt on a scale of 1-10, he answered 7.

sistahlamb

hmmmm.....I honstly thought that Maculay would testify but now it doesn't really seem like that will happen because he probably would have gone right after Wade and Brett and thier mothers and sisters. The defence is already starting to call some emplyees/ex-employees.

But who knows??? The defence probably doesn't even need his testimony. If Michael didn't molest Wade and Brett, how could he have molested Mac??? Especially since that accusation came from the ex-maid who also said that she saw Michael act innapropriatly with Wade, which turns out to be a lie.

SpecialJanet25

You know, whoever wrote that damn CBS Article, needs to sit down somewhere. What makes you think those jurors are uneasy about what those mothers says. Whether they agree or not, this is not the issue here. Damn, sick of reading articles like this when they twisted the truth.

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by sistahlamb
hmmmm.....I honstly thought that Maculay would testify but now it doesn't really seem like that will happen because he probably would have gone right after Wade and Brett and thier mothers and sisters. The defence is already starting to call some emplyees/ex-employees.

But who knows??? The defence probably doesn't even need his testimony. If Michael didn't molest Wade and Brett, how could he have molested Mac??? Especially since that accusation came from the ex-maid who also said that she saw Michael act innapropriatly with Wade, which turns out to be a lie.

Umm, the defense and other people have said time and time again that Mac will testify. So we need to just wait and see. Most likely, they will need his testimony to seal the deal. Brett and Wade are somewhat well-known, but Mac is more of a celebrity than those two. So when he comes to testify and confirm what is already known, then it would be far more in the defense's interest than by just having Mac not testify. It's better to be cautious and do above and beyond the necessary then to just assume that his testimony is not needed. Of course, it is needed, to end speculation. And I am sure that Michael's lawyers know that and will do whatever is necessary to bring the truth to light.

got2makeitright

A few mins ago i head During break:

Jim Moret:

This was a pivotal day in the trial.
Defense is undercutting prosecution witnesses (namely McMann)
Head of security on stand now, talking about walking in and out of NL says the golf carts can trigger the NL gates to open automatically, and that you can also just walk out of NL if you want to, so he is sayin that you cannot be held in at the ranch.
On cross the housekeeper said that the mother (Janut) was begging for a job cuz she needed money, and even said that she would sleep in her car right outside the gates just to get a job as a housekeeper at NL. Moret says this undercut the whole grifter thing.
Defense is using unusual strategy byaying that sleeopvers are normal for Michael. This is a risk for the defense but once you get over the hurdle of sleepovers being normal at NL, then you can say but he still didnt molest anyone.

Mike Cardoza:
Witnesses are systematically impeaching the prosecutions witnesses.
Prosecution is drawing out that even these witnesses on the stand today have had issues in the past, that they themsleves have been accused of things in the past, everyone at NL has had their own agenda, like everybody is walking off with whatever is not nailed down at NL.
the defense better be careful with parade of celebs, celebs need to have something worthy to contribute to this trial or juy will feel mainpulated and will have adverse reaction. Celeb witnesses better have something relevant to say.

sistahlamb

On cross the housekeeper said that the mother (Janut) was begging for a job cuz she needed money, and even said that she would sleep in her car right outside the gates just to get a job as a housekeeper at NL. Moret says this undercut the whole grifter thing.

Is this good for the defence??? Surely they know that this would be brought up didn't they???

Someone pleez clairify.

got2makeitright

SANTA MARIA TIMES

Safety coordinator says visitors not blocked from leaving Neverland ranch

By Quintin Cushner/Staff Writer

The safety coordinator at Michael Jackson's Neverland Valley Ranch testified this morning that there are no barriers preventing visitors from leaving the property.

Violet Silva, an employee at Jackson's ranch near Los Olivos since 1991, testified that a vehicle gate on the property can be opened by something as light as a golf cart and that one can easily exit the property on foot.

The woman also testified in Superior Court in Santa Maria that the confidentiality agreement all visitors to Neverland must sign were necessary to ensure that people wouldn't sell their stories to the media.

"The purpose is to keep you from profiting from your experience there," Silva said.

The line of questioning by defense attorney Robert Sanger was intended to show that confidentiality agreements weren't designed to mask criminal activity at the ranch..

Also this morning, Francine Contreras, an employee from 1991 to 1993, said she saw items that belong to Jackson at the home of housekeeper Adrian McManus.

McManus said she had them at her home for ironing, which Contreras said didn't explain why she had a hat.

"You can't iron a hat," the woman said.

The woman later admitted she had been charged with trespassing at a local Mervyn's store.

Jackson, 46, has pleaded not guilty to four counts of molesting a 13-year-old boy and four counts of administering alcohol to help him with the alleged lewd acts. He also has pleaded not guilty to the conspiracy charge and a count of attempted child molestation.

The Santa Maria Times, following its established policy, is not identifying those who allege they were abused by Jackson, even though they are being named in court.

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/20...ocal/news00.txt

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by got2makeitright
A few mins ago i head During break:

Jim Moret:

This was a pivotal day in the trial.
Defense is undercutting prosecution witnesses (namely McMann)
Head of security on stand now, talking about walking in and out of NL says the golf carts can trigger the NL gates to open automatically, and that you can also just walk out of NL if you want to, so he is sayin that you cannot be held in at the ranch.
Defense is using unusual strategy byaying that sleeopvers are normal for Michael. This is a risk for the defense but once you get over the hurdle of sleepovers being normal at NL, then you can say but he still didnt molest anyone.

Mike Cardoza:
Witnesses are systematically impeaching the prosecutions witnesses.
Prosecution is drawing out that even these witnesses on the stand today have had issues in the past, that they themsleves have been accused of things in the past, everyone at NL has had their own agenda, like everybody is walking off with whatever is not nailed down at NL.
the defense better be careful with parade of celebs, celebs need to have something worthy to contribute to this trial or juy will feel mainpulated and will have adverse reaction. Celeb witnesses better have something relevant to say.

Defense at putting up Celebrities who knows Michael and/or had been at NL. They are not going to taking any bad risks to hurt or led to a conviction.

HeavenSent

Thank for you update. Welcome to MJEOL btw. :thumbsup
Originally posted by got2makeitright
I love how they call it a 'parade of celebs'. Of course they'll have something relevant to say. This isn't Sneddon's brand of justice.

Also, when Cardoza said the jurors don't like to be manipulated, did he not forget that they don't like to be LIED to either? Sneddon's witnesses perjured themselves left and right, you think the jurors thought "oh well, they're only human."? Hell no.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Thank for you update. Welcome to MJEOL btw. :thumbsup

I love how they call it a 'parade of celebs'. Of course they'll have something relevant to say. This isn't Sneddon's brand of justice.

Also, when Cardoza said the jurors don't like to be manipulated, did he not forget that they don't like to be LIED to either? Sneddon's witnesses perjured themselves left and right, you think the jurors thought "oh well, they're only human."? Hell no.

Yeah, Thank you Carla. I like this. Sneddon put on a whole bunches of shady witnesses. Some of them very combative and I heard jurors don't like that.

A

Anonymous

Celeb witnesses better have something relevant to say.

What kind of stupid comment is that? Everyone that they call will have importance.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
What kind of stupid comment of that? Everyone that they call will have importance.

Exactly! That what piss me off when this attorneys or legal expects say shit like that comment.

sistahlamb

Celeb witnesses better have something relevant to say.

Well, of course they will!!! They can't just get on the stand and say crap like "oh I never saw Michael do any of that" or 'he's a nice guy" kind of stuff. Hell no, the judge won't allow that kind of testimony.

Today seems to be going very well if I must say so myself.

got2makeitright

Have you notice when a witness goes up on the stand for the D.A. and says something bad the media call its a " admit " But Then will the MJ team call someone to the stand the media call it a denied! Tfisthat?