Official Nov 29 2004 Hearing Thread

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

SANTA MARIA, CA - NOVEMBER 29: Singer Michael Jackson's defense attorneys, Thomas Mesereau (L) and Susan Yu, arrive at the Santa Barbara Superior courthouse for a pretrial hearing in Michael Jackson's child molestation and conspiracy trial November 29, 2004 in Santa Maria, California. The defense team is seeking mental testing of his accuser and the child's family. (Photo by Rod Rolle/Getty Images)

I've not seen or heard any new regarding this Hearing. I'm keeing my eye's open though. I was just about to post those pictures, but Whisper beat me too it.. Damn you :laugh

~Jamie~

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

SANTA MARIA, CA - NOVEMBER 29: Michael Jackson defense attorney, Susan Yu, arrives at the Santa Barbara Superior courthouse for a pretrial hearing in Michael Jackson's child molestation and conspiracy trial November 29, 2004 in Santa Maria, California. The defense team is seeking mental testing of his accuser and the child's family. (Photo by Rod Rolle/Getty Images)

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

Is it true there's a motion for the medical records? I just read it on MJJF... I thought it was just a mental examination... Why do the defense needs permission to have medical records?

^^

Likewise. I also thought there was only a motion for a medical Examination. Can anyone Clarify this? Can you post the information which states the motion for the medical Records?

~Jamie~

I seriously hope that this rumoured motion for the attainment of the mothers medical records are false. Otherwise, Melville's going to deny that motion too, therfore the defense team won't be able to prove that the mothers MENTAL

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by MJDancer123 on MJJF
Defense is meeting after Lunch behind closed doors. No one is allowed in this afternoon.

Parts of the Video search of neverland and MJ'S office will be released to the Media

Brian Oxman was told by the judge if he doesnt redact the documents as ordered he will be fined. Judge was Mad

Jackson defense won't get psychological exam of accuser's family

TIM MOLLOY

Associated Press

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The judge in the molestation case against Michael Jackson on Monday rejected a defense request to conduct psychological examinations of the alleged victim's family.

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville ruled without hearing arguments in court.

Attorneys could not comment on the decision because of a gag order.

The judge did grant a defense request to release transcripts of the grand jury selection process as long as grand jurors' names remained confidential. The defense has complained that prosecutors had too much sway over grand jurors and argued that their indictment of Jackson was reached improperly.

Jackson was originally charged by Santa Barbara County prosecutors in December 2003. Prosecutors then took the case to the grand jury, which issued a superseding indictment in April.

The pop star has pleaded not guilty to charges of child molestation, conspiracy and administering an intoxicating agent, alcohol, to the alleged victim. His trial is scheduled to start Jan. 31.

Attorneys also argued in court over a prosecution claim that subpoenas issued by the defense are overly broad.

The defense has sought medical and banking records involving the accuser's family that prosecutors say are completely irrelevant.

"There are clearly records that are out of bounds such as the gynecological records of the victim's sister or mother," said Senior Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen.

The prosecutor said the defense had also requested 23 years of military records for the alleged victim's stepfather, and that an attorney for the family objected to a subpoena for "medical records from UCLA."

Defense attorney Robert Sanger accused Zonen of dropping "sound bites" by referring to the gynecological records.

"There's a very good reason for requesting those and I don't want to go into that right now," Sanger said.

Prosecutors also objected to the defense giving subpoenas to banks, medical facilities and others without informing the prosecution or the people referenced in the targeted records.

Jackson's attorneys said they needed to gather records without prosecution interference in order to build the defense without tipping their hand about potential strategies.

The judge, saying he wanted to protect both Jackson and the people named in the records, ordered the defense to notify the people involved. He said those people would have five court days to file objections to the release of records to the defense.

Melville said the defense would not be required to notify the prosecution about the subpoenas

-------------------
Don't ask for a source cos I got it from someone on MJJF.

dangerous

its not as if any of us were hoping that Melville would release a fair decision ANYWAY. This isnt the end of the world, but it is another big thorn in the ass. The mental examinations were denied, but they can STILL appeal it, they can use old medical records, use old testimony, and a bunch of other aspects to attack the credibility of the mother.

These mental examinations were to assess the competency of the mother and her children in regards to them testifying at trial. It was denied- OK- BUT the defense is still hanging on plenty of medical records that possibly could show to the jury (regardless of expert testimony) that these lyings ass biznatches are criizzaay.

We are going to lose EVERY motion- we just need to drill that into our heads.