Oh, Look, Usher Is Trying To Imitate Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allegra

well i hope no one would copy the Montown 25 performance to Billie Jean. I never said Usher did that. I dont think hes that stupid. but on E! Usher had an interview and even said he uses lots of Mike's moves and just improves them to fit todays styles.(becuase Mike cant do it anymore...whatever!) Besides Usher might just say he digs Mike's stuff, but get real he's not gonna say, Oh,yah i take Mike's moves because i can do them just as well or better and mike is not cool enough anymore. Ushers going to make it sound like he cares. But who really know, so either way u dont know and i dont know. Unless we could ask them ourselfs. But dont get me wrong i agree with you that there are other people that copy him way more!! :D But the Post was not about them it was about Usher!!!!

:hellnaw

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with you there. Usher doesn't imitate Michael. Navi, E Cas and Earnest Valentino (etc) imitate Michael. Usher is influenced by Michael. Since when have you seen Usher copy the Motown 25 performance to Billie Jean, when has he moonwalked, when has he grabbed his crotch or copied any of Michael's dance routines move-to-move? Never. Sure, he might do it at home cos he's a fan or whatever but I say his performance is his own, yet influenced. There's a difference. Go watch some live Usher or a music vid of his before you jump ship like that. Jeez, it's not even that big a deal anyway... :popcorn
sweety, I am a big fan of usher, have all his cd's, DVD concerts, etc... and I think its safe to say he imitates Michael :thumbsup
Edit: but ur right.. it's not that big of a deal, because lol he's still gonna do what he do how he do when he do it OOOWW!!!

Allegra

me too... i have his cds too! :D and one nice sexy hot poster of him as well!! but still...

Mike is much better

:magicstic

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by Allegra
well i hope no one would copy the Montown 25 performance to Billie Jean. I never said Usher did that. I dont think hes that stupid. but on E! Usher had an interview and even said he uses lots of Mike's moves and just improves them to fit todays styles.(becuase Mike cant do it anymore...whatever!) Besides Usher might just say he digs Mike's stuff, but get real he's not gonna say, Oh,yah i take Mike's moves because i can do them just as well or better and mike is not cool enough anymore. Ushers going to make it sound like he cares. But who really know, so either way u dont know and i dont know. Unless we could ask them ourselfs. But dont get me wrong i agree with you that there are other people that copy him way more!! :D But the Post was not about them it was about Usher!!!!

:hellnaw
Oh course, no one's denying he takes the moves. But like I said, there's a difference between outright copying someone and being influenced. Michael was influenced by people too, we all are. Michael loves Gene Kelly, James Brown and Fred Astaire. He took their moves and modified them to suit himself, just like Usher's using Michael's moves. So in a way that's cool because he obviously looks up to Michael. If Usher said he can do them better than Michael then that is kinda disrespectful, but I've never heard that so I can't judge. But I do believe Usher really likes Michael. He's a supporter and a fan. He's often seen wearing MJ t-shirts. He's spoken about his outrage on these allegations. But anyway his fanship isn't at question here...

well i hope no one would copy the Montown 25 performance to Billie Jean. I never said Usher did that.
I never said you did say that. I just used it as an example.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by mjj_jdj
sweety, I am a big fan of usher, have all his cd's, DVD concerts, etc... and I think its safe to say he imitates Michael :thumbsup
Imitating and being influenced are two different things. Look at Navi and Usher. One is influenced and one is an imitater.

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Allegra
me too... i have his cds too! :D and one nice sexy hot poster of him as well!! but still...

Mike is much better

:magicstic
lol

*pretends to hold up a sign about how good janets magic stick is**sits and thinks about what he's sign says*..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................umm janet's magic hole does a body good? :idontknow Oh well who cares, anyway back on topic someone lol

mjj_jdj

looks like imitating to me :popcorn ... OH NO WAIT IM WRONG... USHER IS WEARING SHORTS AND MICHAEL IS WEARING PANTS.... he is being original sorry about that guys :extremely
usher%20story%202.jpg
c3-MJGAL45.jpg

Tiger Lilly

Oh yeh, I'm sorry, striking a pose by standing still is imitating, my mistake. Oh yeh look! Usher is soooo wearing a gold military style outfit there. How could I be so blind. :careless

Go watch Earnest Valentino and come back here!

Dark_Eyez

Do you how many performers (possibly even b4 MJ started doing that) have stood like that? A lot. And it looks like he's wearing pants w/ knee pads over them. But, big deal if he does a few things MJ does. As long as he admits it and he never says that he does all them dance moves better then there's nothing wrong with it. Just let it go.

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Dark_Eyez
Do you how many performers (possibly even b4 MJ started doing that) have stood like that? A lot. And it looks like he's wearing pants w/ knee pads over them. But, big deal if he does a few things MJ does. As long as he admits it and he never says that he does all them dance moves better then there's nothing wrong with it. Just let it go.
:crackingu sit there and fool urself into believing that anywho
234.jpg
gooo usher ur original go usher ur original:banana-mu

Dark_Eyez

:crackingu sit there and fool urself into believing that anywho
234.jpg
gooo usher ur original go usher ur original:banana-mu
Did I ever say the words "Usher is orginial"? Hmm....no I didn't so shut up and learn to read. I like Usher, but the only things I have of his are a few songs downloaded on the comp so u can just go back to ur television and waste ur day away trying to find more ways Usher "copys" Michael.

Just like every artist/musician, including Michael Jackson, has copied a few things here or there. MJ has even admitted getting a few moves off his idols. The moonwalk wasn't even Michael's own creation, he got it off of kids dancing on a sidewalk. Nothing you or anyone else say is going to change how Usher is so just quit it and move on.

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Thanks, but I've already seen it. :D

Lookie...

See any differences?
but do u forget? What is Navi's Profession? OMG it's to be an impersonator of Michael Jackson *pretends to be shocked*, he isn't a singer, he isn't a Prefessional artist, he is an impersonator...
Usher Raymond is a singer. Who sells records. Now this is a discussion and I am stating my opinion. If someone says Usher is original sorry but i will disagree, that's that moving on
1397.jpg
hmmm i wanna rock with u alll nightttt dance u into the sunn lighttt :banana-mu

mjj_jdj

Originally posted by Dark_Eyez
Did I ever say the words "Usher is orginial"? Hmm....no I didn't so shut up and learn to read. I like Usher, but the only things I have of his are a few songs downloaded on the comp so u can just go back to ur television and waste ur day away trying to find more ways Usher "copys" Michael.

Just like every artist/musician, including Michael Jackson, has copied a few things here or there. MJ has even admitted getting a few moves off his idols. The moonwalk wasn't even Michael's own creation, he got it off of kids dancing on a sidewalk. Nothing you or anyone else say is going to change how Usher is so just quit it and move on.
I don't need you to "school me" i know this.. and second of all like i said i am a fan of usher so i dont have to search for anything. I have all this on my computer... thirdly dont get all offended just because someone doesn't agree with u... if u can't discuss then don't post at all. and secondly in my post no where did i say u said Usher wasn't original.. I think ur the one that needs to learn to read sweet heart, and take a chill pill while ur at it

Tiger Lilly

but do u forget? What is Navi's Profession? OMG it's to be an impersonator of Michael Jackson *pretends to be shocked*, he isn't a singer, he isn't a Prefessional artist, he is an impersonator...
Usher Raymond is a singer. Who sells records. Now this is a discussion and I am stating my opinion. If someone says Usher is original sorry but i will disagree, that's that moving on
1397.jpg
hmmm i wanna rock with u alll nightttt dance u into the sunn lighttt :banana-mu
THANK YOU! Yes, well done, Navi is an impersonator, so is Earnest. They C.O.P.Y moves! Usher is I.N.F.L.U.E.N.C.E.D! Watch Navi and Usher and their styles are in fact different! Usher doesn't copy moves and yes, he is original. Singing doesn't even come into it! We're talking about dance moves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.