Proposal For a MJEOL Fan Party

Shannon

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
Well, that sure is a long way. However, you have plenty of time to think about it.

I think once this thing gets started...lodging and hotel information would be provided.
Yes, I have, but its not easy for me to travel around the world like that. Sitting in wheelchair is very unfair sometimes, but thats my life :wink

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by Shannon
Yes, I have, but its not easy for me to travel around the world like that. Sitting in wheelchair is very unfair sometimes, but thats my life :wink

:( We love all MJ fans, including you :D. It's your decision, and we would all accept whats in your best interest. It would be so great to have you there tho. :D

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
There are too many reasons (logistics, organization, financial, and especially personal, etc) that it just would not be feasible in any time in the foreseeable future for me to organize and throw any fan party. I couldn't even to go MJJF's great bash in Las Vegas, so I certainly can't throw one.

However, I can't stop members getting together who just so happen to be members of this board. Just as long as it's not done under an MJEOL banner or something. Fan can have their own individual parties. Just be careful. All kinds of nutjobs are out here.

Tabloid Junkie

Whisper, I'm certainly not expecting you to do all the work; or even attend. Maybe simple contributions? I was thinking that it could be under MJEOL's name...as long as you contributed some way or some how. But I'm certianly not expecting you to provide all financial accomodations and all of the supplies and all :)

Shannon

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
:( We love all MJ fans, including you :D. It's your decision, and we would all accept whats in your best interest. It would be so great to have you there tho. :D
Thank you for your kind words. :) I love all of you too, and I like the idea very much. :) Who knows what will happen next year, maybe I will manage to come anyway.. I would love to meet you all, but the chances are very small Im afraid.. :2thinking

LoveMeIfYouDare

i think its a great idea!although im far away from America(24 hrs flight to get there),if given ample time,i mite juz b able to get the $.:D

ThrillerGirl_

Originally posted by Black Loafers
We can oganie one in Sweden So I can join :laugh..otherwise..I am afraid I cant :(

Well, we might travel to America next summer, remember? If it's in good time then maybe we could attend :D

This sounds like fun. :thumbsup

dtaylor1689

Hmm, isn't it a bit early to say let's all go to Chicago, wouldn't it be better to see everyone who is interested and find a place that is kinda in the middle of everyone, it seems unfair to make everyone travel to Chicago for the convience of a few people.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
If a party is thrown by any member, it won't be under MJEOL. I'm going to do something right or I'm not going to do it at all.

Like I said earlier, I have no problem with people from this board meeting up, but don't say it's an 'MJEOL organized party' or a 'fan party by MJEOL'. If you do, you'll be doing so for the online friendships you've found here.

I may consider something like 'thrown and organized by members of MJEOL' And, again, given current personal circumstances, I can't say whether or not I'll be able to even pledge any financial support to get it off the ground.

Now, anything can happen, but I can't promise that my mind will change.

Tabloid Junkie

Whisper, I appreciate your response, and truly like your ideas.

Now, I don't think there would be a heavy responsibility in regards to financial accomodations. Ticket sales could easily help w/ the costs of all the necessities.

If you give me until a week before Thanksgiving, in November, I can thoroughly organize a detailed proposal for how this party can operate.