Proposal For a MJEOL Fan Party

Tabloid Junkie

Hey everyone, I was thinking of consulting w/ everyone here, especially Whisper and the mods.

I've come up w/ a great idea. However, my idea is unique and distinguishes itself from other ideas that you would consider similar to it.

I think that MJEOL should organize a fan party, similar to the MJJF and MJNO one; in Chicago, IL.

Many fans on here live in Chicago.

Before making a decision, and saying 'oh I can't come', 'lets not do this', I think we should brainstorm and give all of our insights into how to make this possible.

I was thinking that, in order to make a successful party, we need to plan for a long time. Maybe the party could be held early next summer. Let's not associate this party w/ a 'Victory' label...instead, just a fan get-to-gether. If this was held in Chicago...I can go! :tooexcite

Though I am not part of the moderators or staff of MJEOL, I could contribute in so many ways. So, what do you all say?

privacy

I know I don't live in america.. but I think it's a great idea.

It's going to be hard to find a date where a lot of people could make it and travel there.. but find out how many people are interested :)

Tabloid Junkie

Exactly. Wouldn't next summer be pretty convenient?

Would there be a slight chance that you could attend? I'm not asking for people to respond today and say 'Oh I can go'. I'd like to know if everyone's interested.

I could organize pamphlets and advertisements.

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by MJISHOT+-->QUOTE (MJISHOT)count me out, cant afford to travel to america :([/b]

Maybe you can save up, and wait til next summer? I would certainly hope so.

<!--QuoteBegin-Tiger Lilly

That sounds like a wonderful idea! It'd be great if all of us could get together and meet each other.[/quote]

I'd certainly love it if you attended :)

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
However, we all need to brainstorm some ideas.
Well a while ago me and Katie were seriously considering planning an MJ party. We even tried to book a place and got lots of impersonators/dancers contact numbers etc...

privacy

Why do we need whisper to agree? I mean.. if people wanna meet then it's up to them, surely? Tho I would love for her to be there :)

Yes I'm interested.. obviously I have no idea what my financial bizznitch is going to be like then but, I'm wanting to go!

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by privacy
Why do we need whisper to agree? I mean.. if people wanna meet then it's up to them, surely? Tho I would love for her to be there :)

Yes I'm interested.. obviously I have no idea what my financial bizznitch is going to be like then but, I'm wanting to go!

Well, maybe the thing concerning Whisper's agreement is the privledge to use the name MJEOL. I'm sure she'd want to contribute. But, if she does not agree...then it can be a seperate party?

However, I'd need 'adults' to help organize some of the aspects to make this successful.

MJISHOT

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie
Maybe you can save up, and wait til next summer? I would certainly hope so.

oh well i thought u meant in a few months :lol: its more possible if it would be next summer.

Shannon

Well, I think its a great idea. :D Im sure many people would attend if they had the chance, which I think many have. :thumbsup However, Im afraid its too far away for me to come. I mean, if you know where Norway is, it is quite a long distance between here and Chicago... :cryptic

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by Shannon
Well, I think its a great idea. :D Im sure many people would attend if they had the chance, which I think many have. :thumbsup However, Im afraid its too far away for me to come. I mean, if you know where Norway is, it is quite a long distance between here and Chicago... :cryptic

Well, that sure is a long way. However, you have plenty of time to think about it.

I think once this thing gets started...lodging and hotel information would be provided.