Rolling Stone\'s Tribute [If you have it, read this please]

Crazy4MiJac

Has anyone purchased this tribute magazine?

I haven't read through it yet, but it seems to have more written commentary than anything else that has been released. I think it should be an interesting (hopefully not distasteful) tribute.

Alas, if you do have the magazine - turn to page 81. There is an image of Michael, cited to have been taken post-trial in 2005 at Neverland. He is wearing black, his hair is slightly blown in front of his face - and he has the most melancholic look in his eyes. When I first saw the picture, the only thing I could see was that 10 year old boy looking back at me, filled with the innocent ignorance of what pain he would later face in life. It made me so unbelievably sad... the image, itself, moved me like no other photograph of Michael ever has - I feel as though I glimpsed into his soul - and for that reason I think it's pricelessly beautiful.

Does anyone (who knows what I'm talking about) know if this image is online somewhere? I have searched extensively for it, but have come up with nothing. I cannot find photography credits in the Tribute issue, either. It's very frustrating. Help?

oldschoolfan

I certainly did purchase this magazine, 2 in fact! (free posters, woo!), I'm not 100% of thie picture youre talking about but let mesee *goes to check*, Hmmm... nope. All I see is a picture of Michael and Mac. with an orang utang!

knightrider

I did purchase the Rolling Stone Tribute- yet I felt they didn't really "honor" him because of some of the ugly comments in the end of the magazine. I tore it up but that's just me.

oldschoolfan

WHAT!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT!!!!!!!!! AMY WANTS!!!!!!! I thought Rolling Stone had a black and white pictue on the cover, are there 2 magazines or is ours different in Australia? Whay do we always have to be so bloody different?! *slams door*

knightrider

Yeah that's the one I bought. I don't know the page number but it talked about Lisa doubting him (re: children), a fake nose and a "music industry source" wondered if MJ did indeed fondle with children. Made me sick. I was like "you call this a tribute?!" :8-26-03ranting: I should have read it before I bought it- among other magazines. Pfft.

oldschoolfan

Wow, there wasnt anything like that in the one I bought, they were nicer than that. They even said at the beginning that they hope he enjoys the peace he has found now. Get out there and complain guys! Write to them and let them know they are full of **** and that it was no tribute but a load of absolute garbage and disrespect.

knightrider

I actually did contact them the other day- I wrote this:

I bought your special issue regarding Michael Jackson today. I was looking forward to it, really excited- thinking Rolling Stones would shed MJ in a positive light, boy was I wrong. Why did you have to print the negative hog-wash crap that we all know isn't true? Do you not have any respect the dead? I ripped the tabloid up and threw it in the garbage. Perhaps I should pour some gasoline on it and set it on fire? What a waste of ten bucks. I am not buying from RS again.

oldschoolfan

knightrider;213510 said:

I bought your special issue regarding Michael Jackson today. I was looking forward to it, really excited- thinking Rolling Stones would shed MJ in a positive light, boy was I wrong. Why did you have to print the negative hog-wash crap that we all know isn't true? Do you not have any respect the dead? I ripped the tabloid up and threw it in the garbage. Perhaps I should pour some gasoline on it and set it on fire? What a waste of ten bucks. I am not buying from RS again.

:eek:hnoyoudidnt Testify! I would write to them to, but as far as I know that's not in Australia. If it was I sure as hell would say something.

knightrider

I didn't realize other they would omit/change thing around for other countries. TV Guide had the gall to call him J****. I tore that up too. :angry:

oldschoolfan

Time called him J**** too, I was going through magazines seeing who was worthy of my purchasing decision, I can cope with the J word, but I wont tolerate any more bashing than that. I bought OK yesterday and it was really nice, they didnt call him J**** and they had nice pictures and quotes from Michael. I didn't like David Guests tribute though, he has always irritated me a little. He said Michael was a great friend and all that, but I keep hearing him say 'I still don't get why he put on that fake girl voice sometimes, I nevr understood it because he doesnt talk like that'. Who gives a **** David?! I certainly dont!!!

Hello there crazy4mijac! I don't have the rollingstone tribute though I have 10 commemorative magz here.. That's sad though. :mellow: :( This is really weird to some people but I still can't believe that Michael is really gone. I kept asking my coworkers and friends--- "So, Michael is really gone????" And now, I am sad again because my papa is not feeling well of course I am praying that whatever it is, I hope it is not a bad news.. My grandma passed away just this April and then my mom was admitted in the hospital a few weeks after, thank God she is okay despite her chronic condition, then Michael's passing and now, this news about my dad who is not feeling that well-- I am just sad :( I hope whatever will come up in the examination at the hospital, it's not bad..

I am feeling down but tried to really hang on and stand tall.. Michael was/ and still IS one of my inspirations to be able for me to achieve my profession. Despite the reports that are coming out, becoming more confusing and crazier, I pray that in the end, EVERYTHING will turn out good and that hopefully it'll clear Michael's name for the sake of his kids and the rest of the fans.. Michael, we just hope that you were still alive though but Stevie Wonder is right, God needed you more there that here.. We love you so much and we miss you a lot!

knightrider;213510 said:

Hello knightrider! Even Maclean's, they ended it with a bad story. I don't really like it BUT the things I want from the commemorative magz are actually MJ's pics and some positive stories about him, his work and etc. I know we don't really have to buy them if they are just posting bad commentary remarks on Michael but with the words---- COLLECTIBLE, COMMEMORATIVE, TRIBUTE ISSUE, COLLECTION, it's just hard NOT to buy one as u want to have illustrations of Michaels' that u want to collect right? That's why I bought 'em..

But that was nice that u wrote them. I pray that eventually Michael's name about previous allegations will be cleared up while dimond, sneddon, halperin and the TMZs staff, sawyer and some other people who are against Michael are still alive so they will realize that they were/are wrong..

oldschoolfan

I bought them for that reason too. It's hard to walk past a row of magazines when Michael is on the cover of every single one, and with all the TRIBUTE, COMMEMORATIVE crap, and the gorgeous pictures. I get them for the pictures and thats it. But it still pisses me off that I have to look back and say 'this is the best we could get from these people'. We are meant to be celebrating his life, not his controversies.

Saphster

WHOO....I am GLAD I did not buy it! I looked at it while I was checking out and I showed my mom. She opened it and said, "Look. It's filled with the same old stuff. Don't waste your money on it." Same old gossip and slandering of his good name.

Ben

I'll give Rolling Stone magazine a miss. It's a dated magazine no anyway with no credibility.

knightrider

I don't blame some of you wanting to keep it because of MJ pictures. That's why I bought it but the article in the end just left a bad taste in my mouth. I have other magazines to keep me statisfied. :D

Though honestly- I don't understand why some of the magazines think they're honoring MJ this way by including hog-wash crap.

Missy

I went about bought another tribute magazine today. It had a picture of him in his white suit from the EbonyJet photoshoot. He looked so gorgeous in that magazine I had to buy it. But it's full with rubbish like Blanket and the hotel, his changing face - picking him apart, the trial etc. There's one page where they have pictures of him different eras and they have the date 1987 under a Thriller era pic and 1984 under a Bad era pic... Real great tribute... :( At least the pictures are beautiful...

LittleSusie50

This may sound strange, but buy the magazines you want, you may regret it later.
Then cut out the parts you love and make your OWN tribute magazine!
You could use scrapbook material, a brand new photo album, or a huge picture frame to add all your fave pics and quotes to.
If it bothers you, cut that crap out, you don't have to keep that mess!
Me personally, I only have the TIME magazine, and one other magazine that was posted here. I HAD to have the TIME magazine, because that is my absolutely favorite picture of Michael. He looks so sweet.
I took the cover off and out it in a frame. Its beautiful, I just wish I could take off those dates and the TIME logo. Just him, but oh well.
I plan to buy EBONY, and that's it. I don't really relish having things after his passing. Its hard.