Rolling Stone\'s Tribute [If you have it, read this please]

Crazy4MiJac

Yeah.. in a fit of grief last week I went out and purchased one of just about every "tribute" magazine that I saw. Some are more respectful than others - a few truly disappointed me. I might see if I can take those back. If not, hey, they do have nice pictures...

One brand that I absolutely REFUSE to endorse, though, is OK! magazine. I don't think I will EVER forgive them for exploiting Michael's "death" photo. I still can't believe that ET broadcasted that on television... it is quite possibly the single most disturbing image the media has ever planted into my mind. I really could have done without that one... it was a LOW BLOW. :mad:

Missy;213555 said:
There's one page where they have pictures of him different eras and they have the date 1987 under a Thriller era pic and 1984 under a Bad era pic... Real great tribute... :( At least the pictures are beautiful...

Yes, I noticed that too! I remember thinking, "Wow, I could put together a more comprehensive, truthful tribute magazine than these morons." :blink:

Jackson829

Yeah I'm not gonna buy it. I bought Time Magazine because I LOVE the cover picture. I will say there are two articles that are actually respectful. However, the last article was appalling! Today I actually went to the page where it says j**** and I blacked it out with a black sharpie:chairbeat and I threw out the up-close picture and the article all together:icon_hitting It felt good:p I am SO getting the Ebony tribute magazine. I have the one where Michael had his last interview and I actually read the whole magazine. Its one of the best magazines I have ever read:D Ebony's incredibly fascinating to read, so I pre-ordered that and Billboard magazine also has a tribute magazine that I'm thinking of getting.

Here's the link if you guys are interested

https://www.orderbillboard.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=74298

Anything else, I'm not gonna bother. I REALLY do like the idea of making an MJ scrapbook for our own pleasure. I think I might do that:wub:

CJluvsMJ

Does anyone know when the Ebony Magazine comes out?
I really wanna know!
I just scanned through hundreds of tabloids for a decent mag, but they're all crappy, and I wasted a perfectly usable bus ticket too, and it's not even here yet! :lol

Crazy4MiJac

When I was about 13, my walls were plastered with well over 100 pictures that I'd printed off of the computer. I eventually had to take them down when the the room needed painting, but I just couldn't part with them! So, I made a scrapbook. It's fun. I recommend it! :michaeljacksonicon: