Stephanie Mills on Michael (she says they dated)

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cristine87
Give me some time, I'll get to him! :laugh

Well, if you're the one..then your ass needs to hurry up!

dangerous

Maybe we should just chalk Stephanie's comment up to being bitter, lol.
Exactly. She doesn’t know what happened to Michael after Thriller/Bille Jean. My assumption is that Michael changed his damn phone number on her.

It bothers me when certain numb nuts who think they speak for the entire Black community get up on TV and start spreading complete blasphemy in regards to Michael’s apparent “Blackness” Point is, there is NO monolithic black ppl!!!! These lies are infused into the Black community and are reinforced when Michael is seen with one of them. Moronic Black ppl have been doggin Michael with his lack of “Blackness” for years, while over on the other side, he is constantly pushing down the boundaries that constrain him for being Black. No other celebrity as ever had to repeatedly, over and over and over again had to proclaim to the entire world, his/her love for their own kind. And if ppl STILL after all that have an issue with ish coming out from ppl who may or may not have even had contact with Michael within the last 20 years, then they themselves are straight tripping. I cant put it any other way. It is foolish, petty, and not even worth discussing. People who have a problem with Michael’s blackness, have a problem with THEIR OWN.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by dangerous
Exactly. She doesn’t know what happened to Michael after Thriller/Bille Jean. My assumption is that Michael changed his damn phone number on her.

It bothers me when certain numb nuts who think they speak for the entire Black community get up on TV and start spreading complete blasphemy in regards to Michael’s apparent “Blackness” Point is, there is NO monolithic black ppl!!!! These lies are infused into the Black community and are reinforced when Michael is seen with one of them. Moronic Black ppl have been doggin Michael with his lack of “Blackness” for years, while over on the other side, he is constantly pushing down the boundaries that constrain him for being Black. No other celebrity as ever had to repeatedly, over and over and over again had to proclaim to the entire world, his/her love for their own kind. And if ppl STILL after all that have an issue with ish coming out from ppl who may or may not have even had contact with Michael within the last 20 years, then they themselves are straight tripping. I cant put it any other way. It is foolish, petty, and not even worth discussing. People who have a problem with Michael’s blackness, have a problem with THEIR OWN.

Mhmm!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
That's one we wouldn't have known about if she and his family didn't say something. So what makes you think there aren't others? I don't think it's Michael's duty to tell the public everyone he's dated.

Yes his public relationships have been with white women, but like I said PUBLIC relations.

But I understand why a lot of black people see things a certain way, some of us just want to see him with his own at least once, so we don't feel left out.

Others need some kind of re-assurance that he's not turned away from his own race, which isn't the case.
Yep. Exactly. That's what I was trying to explain to mello.

mello1

Originally posted by whisper
On you come now. Again, the point is that you can't "conclude" anything from what you see "publicly".

You have no idea what his "preference" for women is. Even I'm not silly enough to think that he's only dated the 2 women he's married.

But isn't that what we ALL are doing? I can only go by what he chooses to publically expose and I'm not just referring to his recent marriages, but who he's publically been with thru out his career. Now, I don't find the need for the secrecy about who he dates, but fine, that's his business. I am making my comments on what I have seen.

Further, in my post, I made the distinction between what Mills knew back then and now, so there is not argument there.

Now, we all can choose to believe what we want to believe or not. And I'm strictly speaking of MJ's dating preferences and not what he has or has not done in the Black community, because this thread is about what Mills said.

And I still say that what she said was not racist and I stand by that.

We agree to disagree.

mello1

Even if his public relationships have all been with white women, that doesn't make him a racist. That was a stupid statment Mello1. Don't throw that word around so loosely..Michael and racist in the same sentence is stupid. Especially since the man is black, as his whole family is..or are you one to believe that he's changed his skin color purposley because of that reason?

Look, I was trying to end this with Whisper, but there are some corrections you need to make right now. All of those quotes you had in that post were not all mine. Secondly, I don't know how or where or even why you came to the conclusion that I said, or implied that Michael Jackson is a racist. So, I take strong offense to your baseless allegations.

What I SAID WAS THAT I DIDN'T BELIEVE STEPHANIE MILLS' STATEMENT TO BE RACIST. That's a big difference. This is why we can't have conversations like this because people become so hysterical and upset over things that they cannot allow themselves to think about what someone has posted before they react.

I came to Mills' defense because this woman has come to Michael Jackson's defense by offering a rare insight of the man from a woman's perspective that you rarely get to see and I found it disturbing that she was being put down because of one thing that she said that's HER TRUTH. My opinion is that Mills had a crush on MJ but MJ did not feel the same way, yet he greatly admired her voice and her talent as a principal in the broadway version of the Wiz.

Further, I also said that if someone saw fit to take issue to whoever Michael Jackson chooses to date, that the racist ideas were THEIR issue NOT HIS (meaning Michael's) issue.

You know, we all are on the same side here and I would like to think that we can discuss things without emoting so much. Give the woman a break. She could have chosen to say some really hurtful things about MJ, but she didn't. She loved him and he didn't choose her. I think that she moved on from it.

dangerous

HeavenSent already pointed out that Vicky was inaccurate in her understanding of your statement.

This is why we can't have conversations like this because people become so hysterical and upset over things that they cannot allow themselves to think about what someone has posted before they react.
Ironic, isnt it?

mello1

I saw that. I responded to posts as they are posted, as I'm sure you do. But I do at least read them to understand the initial point being made.

So, there's no irony to be noticed.

A

Anonymous

Mello1, you are the one that made this an issue...no one was really FREAKING OUT about it, just annoyed.

mello1

Mello1, you are the one that made this an issue...no one was really FREAKING OUT about it, just annoyed.

No, I was offering an opinion that no one else was making, that's all. I'm done, really. Sry to have disturbed you all.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by mello1
But isn't that what we ALL are doing? I can only go by what he chooses to publically expose and I'm not just referring to his recent marriages, but who he's publically been with thru out his career. Now, I don't find the need for the secrecy about who he dates, but fine, that's his business. I am making my comments on what I have seen.

Further, in my post, I made the distinction between what Mills knew back then and now, so there is not argument there.

Now, we all can choose to believe what we want to believe or not. And I'm strictly speaking of MJ's dating preferences and not what he has or has not done in the Black community, because this thread is about what Mills said.

And I still say that what she said was not racist and I stand by that.

We agree to disagree.
Oh we will most definitely agree to completely and totally disagree on this issue. I'm not choosing to make up my mind one way or the other as to his "preferences" and you obviously are. AGAIN, the point was that any conclusion about who Jackson "prefers" and/or has dated--especially one where there seems to be no merit to it--is ridiculous; ridiculous coming both from Stephanie Mills and other fans.

A

Anonymous

Excuse me??? I don't know what you meant by that, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the type of woman that MJ is attracted to. And if you are not a BW, you wouldn't understand the kind of pain that causes, whether intentional or not.

Get the chip off your shoulder, would you?

I don't give a shit what is MJs preference in women, but I do know that none of us will ever know for sure, because along with that half-wit stephanie mills, we don't know his full history. If he wants to date purple bitches with blond hair, then by all means, Michael, baby, you go for it.

I am tired of Michael having to re-affirm is love for his own race. It's absolute bullshit; regardless of in which way he has to do it. I don't look at Michael and see him as a colour, he's a person. The same way I look at everyone else.

I'm quite sure Michael doesn't see colour when he looks at people either.

floacist

Mike likes all types of women c'mon people!Just because he has married white women or has half white children or whatever dont make him a racist it only makes those people in society who look down on multi-cultural relationships the RACISTS here.Michael loves his black beauty's,indianwhite girls,asian whatever it may be and I know he has plenty of love for the Latina's as well :)
Just like Jess said she can be PURPLE for all we should care about.