whitening cream

MJfan01'

I have never heard of self induced vitiligo. What in hell is self induced vitiligo? I know he used creams to try to even out the remaining the blotches.

shelly

MJfan01';237527 said:
I have never heard of self induced vitiligo. What in hell is self induced vitiligo? I know he used creams to try to even out the remaining the blothes.

"Benoquin should never be used as a general lightening agent for people with normal dark skin because most will end up with disfiguring white streaks that can be worse than vitiligo. Patients with an unstable pigmentary system, such as those with vitiligo, depigment easily and usually completely."

http://nvfi.org/pages/info_depigmentation.php

I think the haters are going to have lots of very happy days.

Teva

Well Arnie Klien says differently, and he is a top dermatologist.

He said on Larry King that Michael's Vitilligo was so bad they made the decision he should go completely white.

shelly

Teva;237532 said:
Well Arnie Klien says differently, and he is a top dermatologist.

He said on Larry King that Michael's Vitilligo was so bad they made the decision he should go completely white.

Yes but the question is why did he keep using those creams 30 years later?

I think we need to be very ready for the near future.

OneMoreChance

shelly;237533 said:
Yes but the question is why did he keep using those creams 30 years later?

I think we need to be very ready for the near future.

I don't think the whitening creams work very quickly. I mean we know that he still had vitiligo spots as late as 2005. I think it was a slow process. There's also no way to know when he started using the cream.

Teva

Who Knows?

What was there left to bleach anyway. Nurse Lee said MJ liked to overstock. That was his nature.

The haters can say whatever they want, and the police can find bleaching cream, but the final truth is the autopsy report nobody can dispute that he had vitiligo. Good luck trying.

Teva

Jeniffer30;237535 said:
I don't think the whitening creams work very quickly. I mean we know that he still had vitiligo spots as late as 2005. I think it was a slow process. There's also no way to know when he started using the cream.

That's right. Mesereau said he lifted up his shirt and showed his back and he was speckled.

Shelly
Why are you arguing with these people over bleaching cream? You will not be able to change their minds. Some people are ignorant because they want to be.

OneMoreChance

Teva;237537 said:
That's right. Mesereau said he lifted up his shirt and showed his back and he was speckled.

Shelly
Why are you arguing with these people over bleaching cream? You will not be able to change their minds. Some people are ignorant because they want to be.

True! There are tons of pictures of Michael that show his vitiligo spots! If you can't believe visual proof then there is NOTHING that will make you believe!

Cristine87

WTF is wrong with people? His dermatologist CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. The Autopsy CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. He, himself CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. The pictures CONFIRMED he had skin discoloration. Why are people so hell bent on believing he purposely changed his skin color? OMG, even after all the confirmation people still have an issue with this and it's ridiculous. They need to get over it!

Teva

Cristine87;237545 said:
WTF is wrong with people? His dermatologist CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. The Autopsy CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. He, himself CONFIRMED he had vitiligo. The pictures CONFIRMED he had skin discoloration. Why are people so hell bent on believing he purposely changed his skin color? OMG, even after all the confirmation people still have an issue with this and it's ridiculous. They need to get over it!

HOLLA! He also had lupus. But ignorance is bliss.

shelly

Teva;237537 said:

Shelly

I am not really arguing with these people but I am really scared about what we are going to hear in the near future and we have no real evidence that he was not using it during the eighties.

HeavenSent

Cristine, because it's so much easier to stay ignorant than it is to use your common sense. We live in a culture that champions the lowest common denominator as a way to interact w/others. I don't know how many times I've armed myself with facts only to get bombarded with nonsense. It's ridiculous.

Teva

shelly;237548 said:
I am not really arguing with these people but I am really scared about what we are going to hear in the near future and we have no real evidence that he was not using it during the eighties.

Shelly u don't have to be scared. Of course we have evidence he was not using it during the eighties. He was black! They are tons of pictures on the internet of him performing and sweating and the brown make-up streaking. During the eighties he was covering it up until it got worse and he could do it no longer.

Scared of people saying he was bleaching? Hell they call him a pedophile. Bleaching is the least of our worries.

oldschoolfan

I'm not even phased by this topic anymore, he had a disease, full stop. Why is it so impossible that Michael could genuinely have a disease and NOT being doing something crazy?. Hell, these people can't even come up with a straight reason as to WHY he apparently bleached his skin. They said he wanted to look like Liz, that he was racist, that he wanted to appeal to a wider audience, that he was so traumatised by the abuse of his father that he wanted to look as opposite as he could from him. They go from 'he bleached his skin to make himself, he didn't have a disease' to 'okay so he did have vitiligo, but he caused it himself from skin bleaching'. How the hell can you self induce a genetic disease? A lot of people with vitiligo use skin bleaching to help with their spots, are they all skin bleaching paedophiles too? Michael was in the public eye every day, can you imagine if he had walked around looking like that on stage?
It's just skin for **** sake, get over it.

Cristine87

HeavenSent;237549 said:
I don't know how many times I've armed myself with facts only to get bombarded with nonsense. It's ridiculous.

Girl, I feel you. You tell somebody something sensible and true and you get hit with some stupid bullsh*t.

shelly;237548 said:
we have no real evidence that he was not using it during the eighties.

He WAS USING it in the 80's! Do you know a name Henry Vacarro??? Search that name and listen to what he said about a cream he found to TREAT Mike's vitiligo!

A

Anonymous

[quote name="Teva"]

That's right.  Mesereau said he lifted up his shirt and showed his back and he was speckled.

Shelly
Why are you arguing with these people over bleaching cream?  You will not be able to change their minds.  Some people are ignorant because they want to be.
[/quote]

Wrong. I am a part of IMDb boards and many of the people replying to the thread are fans who have a lot of respect for Michael, not ignorant haters. The argument in the thread is not about if he had vitiligo, but about how it originated. There is noway anyone can prove whether his vitiligo came about naturally or if it was chemically-induced based on the autopsy. That is all we're saying on the thread is that his vitiligo could have been chemically-induced or natural. The other point we make in the thread is that he shouldn't have been using bleaching cream for nearly 3 decades, so we are questioning his use of bleaching his skin for over 25 years. He claimed on Oprah he had no idea what skin bleaching was, but he WAS bleaching his skin. It took a lot more than make-up to achieve those nice blends in the 80s.

I think people get offended because they don't want to entertain the idea that Michael could have lied about bleaching his skin. I think that is ignorant because it's not about Michael lying for me. That is not why I want to know. It is not even about trying to prove he hated his race either. It goes deeper for me. If he had such a horrible self-image to the point where he felt a need to do this (if he indeed did it), then it breaks my heart and I want to know why. We know Michael took almost everything literally and he was stuck on pleasing his fans. He knew what sold. Just look at any fanboard and you will see that most people have avatars of Michael post surgery and post-vitiligo. Very few fans have avatars of Michael when he had an afro, dark skin, and a wide nose. And so many go gaga over Bad Michael and his luscious curls. As his features got more European, then he became more hot. He knew this and he knew it well. And btw, that is a part of the discussion also. That he wanted to go more commercial in his look for Thriller, but things went bad to where the bleaching spread across and induced vitiligo. 

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't bleach his skin on purpose. The autopsy report confirms the blotchy tell-tale signs of vitiligo. Its not in dispute.

shelly

[quote name="whisper"]
He didn't bleach his skin on purpose. The autopsy report confirms the blotchy tell-tale signs of vitiligo. Its not in dispute.
[/quote]

The question is did the blotches appeared naturally or because of previous skin bleaching and why did he bleach his skin for 30 years.