Burial on 3rd September

Missy

This feels awful to even think about but I wanted to share the info. I just got an email from MichaelJackson.com with some info:

Funeral Service

The date for Michael Jackson’s burial has been changed to Thursday, September 3, 2009, at 7:00 PM PST. The private ceremony - at Holly Terrace in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA - will be limited to family and close friends.

I have no words... :(

Saphster

Do you think that in the future they will let fans visit his.....(I can't say it. I will hit the wall if I say it)...site?

I also am pleased that he will be laid to rest, and I hope they won't postpone it anymore.

Cristine87

Michael should've been buried already. Poor baby, been gone two months and they still haven't laid him to rest yet. It's ridiculous!

HeavenSent

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...-wJfawD9AFLARO1

Star-filled mausoleum awaits Michael Jackson

(AP) — 2 hours ago

GLENDALE, Calif. – Michael Jackson's family is preparing to inter the singer in a Southern California mausoleum filled with legendary entertainers.

Thursday's private service at Forest Lawn Glendale comes one month after a lavish public memorial was held for Jackson, who died June 25. He will rest at the cemetery with Hollywood stars including Clark Gable, Jean Harlow and W.C. Fields.

On Wednesday, a judge said Jackson's estate is to bear the costs, which were characterized by an attorney as "extraordinary." The family is purchasing 12 burial spaces at Forest Lawn Glendale, north of Los Angeles. No details were offered on how they would be used.

Authorities have labeled Jackson's sedative-induced death a homicide, but no charges have been filed.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

HeavenSent

Michael Jackson will finally be laid to rest tomorrow at sunset, and his estate will foot the bill.

A judge has granted a request by the late singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, to have Michael's estate pay for the burial.

The burial service to be held on Thursday, September 3 at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park. ET has learned that tonight at 7:30 there will be a full dress rehearsal of the funeral ceremony with four cameras ( ) and musical performances, including Aretha Franklin.

The police department originally estimated that the safety measures for the service would cost an upwards of $50,000 when it was scheduled for Saturday, August 29. Now, due to the date changing to a weekday, a spokesperson tells ET that the cost may double or triple.

The increase in cost is due to a need for street closures from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. because of rush hour traffic, a school that will be in session across the street from Forest Lawn and the influx of media people covering the service. The Glendale police spokesperson says that these are situations that would not have needed to be considered had the burial service been held over the weekend.

ET also confirmed with the police department that the Jackson family is responsible for the costs of this additional security.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78206/index.html

MJfan01'

I think after tonight, everything will sink in for me. It's just so sad, but I wish after tonite everything will be okay but I know they will never leave michael alone. :(

HeavenSent

CNN said they'll be having live coverage, I thought the media wasn't allowed? Or maybe they'll be on the fringes reporting. At any rate, Larry King and Anderson Cooper will both have shows dedicated to the service tonight.

This is so hard, guys. I feel that pit in my stomach much like I had during his memorial service at Staples. It STILL doesn't even seem real to me. We are in September and it just doesn't seem real.

HeavenSent

another article.

Area braces for MJ burial

Streets around Forest Lawn will close for more than a day for Michael Jackson interment.
By Veronica Rocha
Published: Last Updated Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:13 PM PDT

GLENDALE – At least nine streets surrounding Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park will be closed starting at 4 a.m. Thursday for Michael Jackson’s burial, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. that day.

Glendale police will close the streets for the family’s caravan and to accommodate a large media presence, Sgt. Tom Lorenz said. Media agencies from Australia, Hungary, Japan, China and Belgium will be covering the funeral, he said. Last week, Glendale police announced that media attendance was at capacity.

Privacy for the Jackson family also factored into the street closures.

Forest Lawn officials secured a permit to close nearby streets for the burial to guard against prying eyes, a cost that will likely be passed on to the Jackson family, Lorenz said. Only residents, property owners and those with commercial business will be allowed into the affected neighborhood, Lorenz said.

“We want to provide safety in the community,” Lorenz said.

City officials expect the only inconvenience to residents to be traffic congestion due to the street closures.

“It will only impact traffic at the particular area where the street closures are, and our police department has been working with local business to make sure that they can stay open and get their customers or their clients in through the police barricades,” city spokeswoman Vicki Gardner said. “We are going to try to minimize the impact on the neighbors and the businesses in that area as much as possible.”

Street closures include East Cerritos Avenue; East Eulalia Street; East Laurel Street; South Glendale Avenue; Heminger Street; Colby Drive; Mission Road; Roads End Street; and Madison Way.

Streets will likely be opened after midnight Friday, Lorenz said.

To enter restricted streets, residents, business owners or customers must show identification or other proof showing they belong in the area.

Cerritos Elementary School also starts this week, which means parents and children will have go through the barricades to get to campus.

“Kids will be able to get to school,” Lorenz said.

Resident Marty Bracciotti has already seen news vans driving into his Roads End Street neighborhood, stopping and asking some of his neighbors questions about the burial. He has been trying to find out about the street closures but hasn’t heard much about the funeral and its impact to the neighborhood.

“The problem is that there is no communication to us,” Bracciotti said.

Bracciotti might walk to the city’s train station and take the train to work Thursday, he said.

“If they are going to inconvenience our neighborhood, I’d like to see a sign that goes up . . . that says ‘The street will be closed from [this time to that time],’” Bracciotti said.

Traffic and street closure plans are expected to be finalized today or Tuesday. Letters about the closures will be sent to residents this week, officials said.

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/art...kson083109.txt

mjhb29

This is the day I in some ways have been dreading and in other ways am glad its going to be over and Michael can finally rest in peace.

Marina

Today is a very eerie day, overcast by smoke from the wildfires in the Angeles National Forest. The sun is blocked. It was overcast the morning Michael died. There are three days I'm going to mark every year for the rest of my life:
June 25, August 29 and September 3.

danaluvsmj

God, this is a sad day. While I'm glad he's finally being laid to rest, I feel like my connection to Michael is broken now, forever:( I just hate saying goodbye.

HeavenSent

Marina;218371 said:
Today is a very eerie day, overcast by smoke from the wildfires in the Angeles National Forest. The sun is blocked.
Oh my goodness, how could I forget about the wildfires. I hope everyone is keeping safe and that the air stays healthy enough...Wow.

There are three days I'm going to mark every year for the rest of my life: June 25, August 29 and September 3.
Amen.

HeavenSent

September 3, 2009

LKL WEB EXCLUSIVE: Miko Brando on Michael’s Funeral

Posted: 04:39 PM ET

Miko Brando, son of actor Marlon Brando, was close friends with Michael Jackson. He’s appeared on LKL numerous times since his death, and blogged for us as well. Today, Miko looks ahead to tonight’s events and shares his feelings. Check this space tomorrow for Miko’s reflections on the funeral.

Tonight my friend is laid to rest. For a lot of people this will bring closure, but not me. This is just another step. Michael is still a huge part of my life and I think of him every day. I don’t believe closure will come for me until the day I pass away.

To be honest, I’m not moving on and I don’t think I’m really progressing from Michael’s loss. I’m trying to take it one day at a time, but the thought of his death still leaves me numb.

Staying busy has been very helpful for me, but in a way it’s also keeping his death fresh in my mind. I’ve been working with the executors of his estate to preserve Michael’s assets for his children. This has been draining both emotionally and physically, but it’s also something I’m happy to do.

Keeping busy has also meant I haven’t been following the daily media drumbeat that’s followed Michael’s death. I don’t really watch the news or read the papers, but I know a lot has happened in the last few weeks. Reports have come out, rumors abound, and prosecutors are busy. I’m content to let the courts do their work, the lawyers do theirs, and let that side of things take care of itself, because none of it will bring back my friend.

Tonight will be very emotional for everybody, including me. In a way I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends, and Michael’s family. Forest Lawn is a beautiful place, and I think a good resting place for Michael. I’m glad the family chose it. It’s a place where I can go see him, and be with him. It will be a special place.

http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09...chaels-funeral/