Burial on 3rd September

Jackson829

I cried not too long ago. Just the thought that its all come to this and yeah...he can rest in peace eternally but I miss him so much. God I'm never gonna get over this;(

HeavenSent

Miko's blog pretty much sums it up for me. Watching Larry King right now with Miko and a man, Dave who is a burn victim. He was befriended by Michael and was basically like the father he never had (his words).

Do we know if Lisa Marie and Debbie are actually going to the funeral?
Liz Taylor, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder are the only ones confirmed as far as I know.

Very sad. But his body is finally going to be put to rest.

His passing will finally sink in, I just can't work out if I want it to or not.

One thing that makes me very happy is the privacy of the whole thing. Something Michael has always begged and pleaded for. He now has it. That puts a smile on my face.

HeavenSent

HeGivesMeButterflies*;218432 said:
One thing that makes me very happy is the privacy of the whole thing. Something Michael has always begged and plerded for. He now has it. That puts a smile on my face.
Agreed.

But why am I looking at an aerial view of Liz Taylor being wheeled in? I'm changing the channel. I tuned in to hear Larry's guests speak on Michael, not to see who's arriving in what car, etc. This isn't right. The media's a ho.

wacky_sis

Why is the media there? CNN or not, I thought this was a PRIVATE thing. Honestly, I'm a bit pissed that the family is allowing this...maybe they're doing it for the fans but for some reason it bothers me, but that's just my opinion

HeavenSent;218435 said:
Agreed.

But why am I looking at an aerial view of Liz Taylor being wheeled in? I'm changing the channel. I tuned in to hear Larry's guests speak on Michael, not to see who's arriving in what car, etc. This isn't right. The media's a ho.

Yeah, I have Sky News on at the moment and they're just showing people being driven in and signing in and whatever else. They're waiting for the Jackson family to arrive.

Any interesting channels to tune into right now?

They said that they're going to stop filming when the coffin arives..don't know if I can watch it until then. I can just see myself tearing up and that's the last thing I want.

HeavenSent

I was tuned into CNN. There are 4 cameras doing feeds so the family must be allowing this. As long as there aren't parts of the service televised, I'll be okay. I think this really should be kept private and intimate.

Cristine87

The press is so f*cking thirsty. Damn! Does anyone know if fans will be able to visit and leave flowers and things for him at the sight.

wacky_sis

Cristine87;218439 said:
The press is so f*cking thirsty. Damn! Does anyone know if fans will be able to visit and leave flowers and things for him at the sight.

EDIT:

I take it back. Here's the info on the website:

"Whether you are memorializing a loved one, attending a holiday event or experiencing our art and architecture, we are glad to serve you at our six memorial-parks.

When visiting, we appreciate your kind cooperation with our basic guidelines.

Memorial-Park Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (6:00 p.m. during DST)
Open 7 days a week.

Mausoleum & Church Hours:
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Open 7 days a week.

Mortuary Visitation Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Open 7 days a week.

Mortuary staff on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
1-800-204-3131

Visiting the Grounds
Please respect the privacy of people who are attending funerals or visiting family memorials.

Please avoid walking across interment sections except to visit interment spaces. Walk with care around memorial tablets, lawn vases and sprinkler heads.

Please ensure that children under 16 years of age are accompanied by an adult.

Picnicking and lying down on lawns or benches on the grounds are prohibited.

Loitering is prohibited.

Pets are not allowed on the grounds or in the buildings.

Feeding or disturbing birds is prohibited.

Please be careful not to damage trees and plants or pick flowers.

Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.

Flowers
Please feel free to place fresh cut flowers at any of our Memorial - Park locations.*

Please place potted plants no larger than eight inches in diameter or one gallon in volume on tablets or vases (in order to protect the grass).

Please limit placements to no more than three per interment space.

Cut flowers will be removed in approximately five days.

Funeral flowers will be removed in approximately three days.

Ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, balloons, spinners, statues, stones, or other items which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks are not permitted. All placements not conforming to these rules will be removed.

*Artificial flowers are permitted at the Cathedral City location only, due to extreme climate conditions."

SOURCE: http://www.forestlawn.com/Visitors-Guide/Index.asp

Cristine87;218439 said:

Nope, from what I keep hearing, nobody will be able to go and pay their respects, except for family and close friends.

Saphster

I told myself I wasn't going to watch it, but now I can't help it.

Is the funeral still going on? It looks real dark over there. Al Sharpton is on CNN talking.

Saphster

Wow. So the whole family still hasn't arrived yet? Wow....

Guys...Michael died 70 days ago. 70 days. Can you guys believe it? It all seems like it happened so long ago, but the wounds are still fresh. :( I'm getting teary eyed over here.