Celebrating the day the King Of Pop was born :)

Some girls in my dorm hall and I sort of celebrated it... I didn't want to go out to a party last night 'cause I have such a ridiculous amount of homework to plow through this weekend and some of the girls felt the same so we just decided to watch the Dark Knight in my room. We had already been talking about the large amount of famous people that have died this summer and then how DJ AM had also passed. At sometime around 12, one of the girls goes and say, "Hey guys... Michael Jackson would've turned 51 in exactly 2 minutes." So that brought it up and we were all like quiet for a bit. Then someone started talking about something they saw earlier: seems someone had written some mean joke about MJs death on a piece of paper and taped it somewhere in the gym and one of the girls was pissed about it. Then we were talking about the homocide stuff, and we had to pause the movie for a bit and we put some MJ music on and talked about MJ for a bit (everyone seems to have at least one memory where he's present in some way). It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to like him on some level. Not that MJ hasn't been present all my time here already--his music was all over the place during orientation (which was nice because every first day of school since I have memory, there's been an MJ song played on some radio I was near), and for some reason, people keep mentioning him randomly in my classes over the most random of subjects (like in political science the teacher was teaching us about arguments and he had us choose a question, any question, so my partner goes, "we should do 'Why is Michael Jackson the most amazing performer ever to have existed in our time?'") It felt good not to have to remember him alone. And while I don't think MJ talks will be a permanent part of my college experience, maybe movie-night might be.

So yeah... just wanted to share. I have a one-time mandatory seminar class from 1-5 today so it was nice to celebrate his life a little bit last night.

And also... happy birthday MJ. You're no longer with us in physical form, but your spirit and the love and compassion you showed to the world is not only an inspiration, but also your legacy... you will live forever in the hearts of millions. You're still my inspiration!

Saphster

uranusbluedanger1;217678 said:
Some girls in my dorm hall and I sort of celebrated it... I didn't want to go out to a party last night 'cause I have such a ridiculous amount of homework to plow through this weekend and some of the girls felt the same so we just decided to watch the Dark Knight in my room. We had already been talking about the large amount of famous people that have died this summer and then how DJ AM had also passed. At sometime around 12, one of the girls goes and say, "Hey guys... Michael Jackson would've turned 51 in exactly 2 minutes." So that brought it up and we were all like quiet for a bit. Then someone started talking about something they saw earlier: seems someone had written some mean joke about MJs death on a piece of paper and taped it somewhere in the gym and one of the girls was pissed about it. Then we were talking about the homocide stuff, and we had to pause the movie for a bit and we put some MJ music on and talked about MJ for a bit (everyone seems to have at least one memory where he's present in some way). It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to like him on some level. Not that MJ hasn't been present all my time here already--his music was all over the place during orientation (which was nice because every first day of school since I have memory, there's been an MJ song played on some radio I was near), and for some reason, people keep mentioning him randomly in my classes over the most random of subjects (like in political science the teacher was teaching us about arguments and he had us choose a question, any question, so my partner goes, "we should do 'Why is Michael Jackson the most amazing performer ever to have existed in our time?'") It felt good not to have to remember him alone. And while I don't think MJ talks will be a permanent part of my college experience, maybe movie-night might be.

So yeah... just wanted to share. I have a one-time mandatory seminar class from 1-5 today so it was nice to celebrate his life a little bit last night.

And also... happy birthday MJ. You're no longer with us in physical form, but your spirit and the love and compassion you showed to the world is not only an inspiration, but also your legacy... you will live forever in the hearts of millions. You're still my inspiration!

That does sound nice. :D I wish that's how my first day of school could have been like.

Today I turned on the radio while driving, and put on a R&B station. (The Pop stations don't play Michael. Not even when he died. :rolleyes: Idiots.) So, they had random people doing covers for certain Michael songs. I heard a remix of Never Can Say Goodbye. I think it was done by the Neptunes, and then Smooth Criminal came on, and I have no clue who was singing behind it but it was hilarious. He was bad talking bad about Diana in the song. Saying she was fat and all kinds of stuff, but the chorus is what threw me off. The chorus had nothing to do with the rest of the song. Instead of saying "Dirty Diana! Oh!" in the chorus he kept yelling "Where is DIANA...... ROSS! Come on out!" I was laughing my butt off. :icrackingup

I felt a little better though. Then, this radio host was playing Beat it, and said BEat it was his memory of Michael. He said he was on the set of the Beat it Film. The lady host said, "You were there?!" He said Yes. He also said, "I also had a glove." She responded, "The glove?!" He said, "No, no. No the glove. A glove." He said he was tempted a lot to wear it many times when he would lose one of his gloves cause it gets cold in Chicago.

MJfan01'

I am watching anything I have that is michael Jackson related.
I am plan on watching all the videos, The WIz, Moonwalker, The legend continues, The Jacksonsons: An american dream, and his concerts, and any good specials on MJ. Happy Birtdhay Michael, we love you more!

MJfan01';217687 said:
I am watching anything I have that is michael Jackson related.
I am plan on watching all the videos, The WIz, Moonwalker, The legend continues, The Jacksonsons: An american dream, and his concerts, and any good specials on MJ. Happy Birtdhay Michael, we love you more!

SHUT UP, Mjfan01!!!!! YOU MEAN, YOU HAVE THE MOONWALKER VHS????????????? I am jealous to the MAXIMUM!!!!! :blink:

CJluvsMJ

sunshine.larrazabal;217698 said:
SHUT UP, Mjfan01!!!!! YOU MEAN, YOU HAVE THE MOONWALKER VHS????????????? I am jealous to the MAXIMUM!!!!! :blink:

I have it too.
I first got it as a rental when I was 5, but my mom begged the store clerk to let her buy it from them. :lol
I also have The Legend Continues.
It's better on VHS. :8-26-03respect:

danaluvsmj

Happy Birthday Michael, I wish you were still here to have cake and celebrate with you kids and read our cards. I miss you so much.

CJluvsMJ;217700 said:
I have it too.
I first got it as a rental when I was 5, but my mom begged the store clerk to let her buy it from them. :lol
I also have The Legend Continues.
It's better on VHS. :8-26-03respect:

AND YOU TOO, CJluvsMJ??????? I AM FAINTING.....!

CJluvsMJ

sunshine.larrazabal;217712 said:
AND YOU TOO, CJluvsMJ??????? I AM FAINTING.....!

:icrackingup
It sounds different on video, coz the sounds, musically, is a half step lower than it is on DVD and on tv, and all the songs are in their original keys.
And everyone is trying to buy it from me for thousands of dollars, but Im not selling it!:uh_uh:
It's legendary, and it still plays.
It unlocked the MJ in me. :wub:

Missy

I have it too. :cryptic

So... hows everyone been coping today? I'm not feeling too great at the moment, if I'm honest. My best friend and I were supposed to be going out for Michael's birthday to drown our sorrows, but she hasn't answered the phone to me all day, even though she told me two days ago she was definately coming out. So now I'm here on my own with my candle for Michael, waiting for you guys to post something to read. I can't really bring myself to even watch Michael because it's just too difficult today...

He should be here, plain and simple. I miss him so damn much. :1crying

MJfan01'

I actually have it on dvd, i found it on ebay. :D

R e a f u

Missy;217731 said:
I have it too. :cryptic

So... hows everyone been coping today? I'm not feeling too great at the moment, if I'm honest. My best friend and I were supposed to be going out for Michael's birthday to drown our sorrows, but she hasn't answered the phone to me all day, even though she told me two days ago she was definately coming out. So now I'm here on my own with my candle for Michael, waiting for you guys to post something to read. I can't really bring myself to even watch Michael because it's just too difficult today...

He should be here, plain and simple. I miss him so damn much. :1crying

Not feeling too good either, being visited by Aunt Flow :lol. I know with it being a birthday we're supposed to be happy, yet it feels so sad. I can't help but think of Mike's family and how they're dealing with this. This will be the first of many birthdays without the actual birthday boy. Like think of his mother. No parent wants to bury their child before they pass on and I can imagine she must be thinking this as well.

He should be here.

Missy

R e a f u;217735 said:
Not feeling too good either, being visited by Aunt Flow :lol. I know with it being a birthday we're supposed to be happy, yet it feels so sad. I can't help but think of Mike's family and how they're dealing with this. This will be the first of many birthdays without the actual birthday boy. Like think of his mother. No parent wants to bury their child before they pass on and I can imagine she must be thinking this as well.

He should be here.
*hugs R e a f u* I can't imagine how his family must feel. Actually, I think I probably can... :( His poor children as well. The thought breaks my heart. :1crying

CJluvsMJ said:
Hey, why don't we think of funny moments in MJ's life to cheer us up?
That always helped me.
Great idea! :D I promised myself I wouldn't be sad today and instead celebrate his life. Remembering the times he's made me laugh and smile is just what I want to do!

I loooove his laugh when he's watching the Private Home Movies with the "Salvation Army tomrrow, Bill!" His smile and giggle is too cute for words. He makes me melt! :wub:

CJluvsMJ

I can't get over the fact that he's such a terrible driver! :lol
I can imagine seeing him on the street, stopping on a dime when he comes too close to a car, and then speeding off. :rollin
And imagine being the cop that had to give MJ a speeding ticket!
I can imagine MJ's reaction, and the cops'. :lol
:michaeljacksonicon:

Jackson829

:birthday6

Happy Birthday Michael! May you finally have peace and dance up in heaven 'til you can't dance no more. I miss you. I love you:wub: I'll be celebrating tonight

:disco

TeresitaL

CJluvsMJ;217619 said:
Hey, how about we remember the funny moments in MJ's life, like the "tighty-whities" joke and his lack of driving skills.:lol
Can you guys think of anything else funny?
30 mins until he IS 51 in my time zone!
:yayyay
Love You Michael!
:8-26-03respect:

I'm crying again...:1crying

EDIT: It's Officially Michael Jackson's 51st Birthday and I miss him so much! :icon_bluecry
I bet he's having the best birthday ever.
:birthday6

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!..GREETINGS FROM PUERTO RICO..MY NAME IS TERESITA.